Viktor Axelsen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by LD rules!, Apr 25, 2010.

1. haesman

haesman New Member

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

She did lah Limsy - everyone was wow wow last year when she won. This year of course the excitement less, Ratchanok already champ.

Viktor is special cos MS from non Asia country, 1st ever since WJC started. THe only other time a non CHina MS won was Hong Ji Hoon (Korea) in 2006.
    Denmark won WJC bf during PG's junior days, in MD :eek:

Now waiting to see which country will break China domination in WD

#42 eaglehelang, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Singapore spring a surprise in WD 2 years ago. :D But Yao Lei/Fu Mingtian were originally from China also. Just the flag different. Haha.... :D

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    future champion... ;)

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For his age group, he's the best of the bunch in the world..

- Yes, as demolidor mentioned. A thinking kid. He's not the fastest of them, but he's also not the slowest. Footwork can be better but considering his height, i'd say it's not bad. He seems to also He's not as agile or quick or nimble. He does cover quite a bit of court w/his length.
    One would think playing a faster or flatter game might rattle him. But in a couple of this yr's WJC matches, i noticed his opponents tried to inject a faster pace or more drives rather than lifts or clear, yet he's able to counter them pretty well.
    - Yes, he does use a bit of hold-and-flick shots and wrist shots; racket skills are definitely very good. He has a pretty good touch also. But the thing which surprised me was his poise and composure in all of his matches, whether he was leading or trailing behind in pts. Almost never a sense of panic from his part throughout the entire match.
    One thing to note though, he lost to MAS' Zulfadli in a Danish tourney a while back. Perhaps this time around Viktor ran to opponents more to his advantage.

Hope to see him more in international tourneys soon (i think that's the only way for him to truly learn & improve) and slay some of the world's top MS players..:cool:

#45 ctjcad, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Thanks for the info...

Like you sayhe is the best of the bunch, but it is how he develops physically& mentally which will make or break him. I hope he does, it is nice to see different type/style of players.

7. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Perhaps he's brilliant in junior category because is taller than opponents... At this age it makes the difference in power and ability to control the game..

8. Hassefar

Hassefar Regular Member

When did he lose to Zulfadli? I know he has improven a lot since summer.

@Thom_bad: He has beaten quite a few good senior players also this year also so it is not only at junior level. Since Christmas he has beaten Sune Gavnholt, Peter Rasmussen, Christian Lind Thomsen, Scott Evans, Henri Hurskainen, Matthieu Lo Ying Ping, and Kasper Ipsen. I don't know if any of them are particularly tall though but they are ranked fairly high with four in top 50.

9. Johnny

Johnny Regular Member

Programmer
    Victor has just been picked for the Thomas Cup team - replacing an injured Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

Good luck!

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Brilliant, Hopefully he gets a game....

Might just be experience though, they have picked KJ too.....opposite end of the experience spectrum.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..Viktor lost to Zulfadli in a Danish tournament a yr or 2 yrs back. Not quite sure of the date but perhaps one of the M'sian BCers can recall that for us? limsy know the detail??..

12. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Hey Viktor is in the Danish team for TCup, since Hans Kristian Vittinghus is injuried !

13. tarpen

tarpen Regular Member

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_sport/Badminton/2010/05/04/141109.htm

Google Translation:
    Great chance for badminton talent
    04th May 2010 14:14 badminton
    Nykårede The Danish youth world champion Viktor Axelsen from Odense get a huge chance to show his potential. The 16-year-old badminton talent is selected for the Danish Thomas Cup team, which next week will play finals in Malaysia.

He was together with another talented Flemming Quach have helped anyway - but at their own expense. But because of injury apologies from Hans-Kristian Vittinghus he has been a part of the official squad.

- On Saturday rang Finn (sporting director Finn'Trærup-Hansen, ed.) And I was obviously happy, it means a lot just to come in and see how it is. But now is an even greater experience for me to be on the team with Peter Street and the other large, "says Viktor Axelsen DR gate.

However, there is no guarantee that Viktor Axelsen come in battle. Denmark yesterday medal at the Thomas Cup and to be used only three singles players and he is on paper at the end of the queue for Peter Gade, Jan Ø. Jørgensen and Joachim Persson.

- It is not at all certain I will play, but just that I'm standing on the team list is large. But I take it as it comes, "says Viktor Axelsen.
    Finn Trærup-Hansen, however, full confidence in the young player if he is sent on the pitch.

- Now we have something to exchange with, but I think if he comes to play, he will go to the one with crooked neck. He has a damned to things, "says sports manager.

14. tarpen

tarpen Regular Member

"Peter Street" is Supposed to be Peter Gade ;)

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

LOL sometimes google translate can go crazy ! Good luck to Axelsen, he might get a game who knows.

16. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    he has a long way to go
    keep up the good work
    see the video he against WCH,WCH just playing around with him and he need all of his skill to keep up with WCH..IMO its not his time for showing in TC
    is he the youngest player who ever registered in TUC history?how bout TH?as i remembered TH played in 1998,thats 17yo

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well he is only 16, so he is younger than taufik was in 1998. I think he will get a game against poland, as they have only one player in the top 30 in the singles. And he might get a game against germany, we just have to wait and see :)

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

From what I saw, he is no taufik, there may never be another taufik.

He is Victor Axelsen, it is up to him to make his own name.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I never said he was Taufik, I just said he was younger than Taufik was in 1998. Taufik is irreplaceable, (except there is a Taufik Hidayat Akhbar or something like that)

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

From the danish article it seems he and Flemming Quach were supposed to come along anyway on their own cost. But because of the injury to HKV a spot on the official roster opened up. Flemming Quach will still be coming along as well. Anyway it is only supposed to be a learning experience, seeing the level of play and the surroundings of such a big event. Only if there are injuries and there are no alternatives will he play as told by KJ in an interview.

And I believe Mia Audina was 14 when she won the deciding match in the Uber Cup against Zhang Ning was it not?