APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    apacs slayer 99, coming soon ......(from sinchew daily news paper 29/8/10)

2. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    the advertisement from sinchew, with 3k wowen, CNT, extreme power tech....

Attached Files:

3. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    looks like another killer from apacs

4. stanleys

stanleys Regular Member

I think there are different material between Malaysia and Singapore APACS racket, instead of distribution. The different things are at shaft material, Singapore shaft's material better than Malaysia one,but the frame is the same. It could tension until 35 lbs. Now the Singapore racket has a flag racket with a Registered No Patenized.

The new one is Wrex Hammer, Punch, Stinger and Zen. The color of Stinger is like Lining N90 generation 1, Zen is the same design and color with Rock N 33, but the Hammer and Punch is a different type.

5. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    how about this ? howler speed...
    Howler_Speed.jpg

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Yes I was surprised to see the Singapore flag on the cones of the racquets when I visited ACE Sports (Singapore distributor of Apacs, Proace and Protech) with my friend last weekend for a bulk purchase. Understand this was done to differentiate these racquets from the parallel imports from Malaysia.

Those in Singapore can visit the showroom at the address below:
    NorthStar @AMK
    #06-03 Blk 7030 Ang Mo Kio AVE 5, Singapore 569880
    Telephone: 65706883
    ps I might be able to get better prices if you pm me

7. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Just have try the Slayer series from APACS, all the Slayer series already using CNT material. Feeling almost similar like the other top brands. But we never know is it using 100% material CNT or have any composition for material. One thing that we must know, racket must suitable with our skills. Even you using most expensive racket, but if you lack of skill still useless.

Note :
    I still prefer Tantrum 200 as the best racket from APACS.

#3347 BengGuan, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Apcas slayer and wrex series coming on next month, not sure who has tried it out, heard that price range within 200-300

9. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    i saw Slayer 88 advertisement on The Star Sport section today

10. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    do u take the photo?

11. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    nope. it was a quick glimpse. too bad

12. stanleys

stanleys Regular Member

Yes, I heard this is the high end APACS and upgrading from Lethal 90. There are 2 types of Howler.

13. smart14

smart14 Regular Member

hi, does anyone used Apacs Lethal 9 ? i just got myself one yesterday as recommended by shop owner at OUG for a racket under RM 200. It looks good and i got it for Rm 150 with BG66 string and Grip. I got it tension at 27 Lbs as its max tension is 35lbs.

however,i got it played last night and this were my experience :

1. My smashing was weaken.
    2. My arm feeling abit of shivering due to the muscle strain which never happen before with my RSL 928. ( could it be the effect of the 27 lbs tension)
    3. the great point is my Net ball is smoother and more accurate than before with RSL 928.
    4. how could i improve my smash with it. ( should i reduce my the tension ?)

in need of ur expert comment on this racket.

here is the comment from badminton Bay Blogs :

Apacs Lethal 9 Badminton Racket

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The High Speed Frame design of Apacs Lethal 9 racket makes it Extremely Fast for continuous drive shot and with explosive power.
    And the adoption of CNT (Carbon NanoTube Technology) had significantly improve the performance and feel of the racket.
    This racket is the latest addition of the Apacs Lethal Series.

• Apacs Lethal 9 is designed to give you faster swing, sharper and powerful drive shot and smashes while at the same time let you enjoy the precise drop shot and netting play.

• The racket was developed with the new "High Speed Frame" which increased the Speed in the swing, and overall improve execution with Power and more Control.

(* High Speed Frame design is an aerodynamic shape frame designed to reduce drag on the frame during straight on swing or hit)

• With its light body and head, enable you to move the racket like a sword and to deliver a very clean and sharp execution.

• The racket is a medium flex racket that will deliver more power as it will have a kind of sling shot effect.

• This racket is very well balanced and awesome to play with, and with the price over performance, it gives you the best value for money.

APACS Lethal 9 Specifications Frame Meterial:Hi Modulus Graphite + High Speed Frame + CNT Shaft Material:Hi Modulus Graphite + CNT Flex:Medium Weight: 85 +/- 1g (4U-G2) Length:675mm Max Tension: 33lbs - Vertical
    36lbs - Horizontal
    Balance: 285 +/- 3mm
    Special Features Isomectric head frameEqualizes the length of main and cross strings in the stringbed, enlarging the sweet-spot for more consistent accuracy even on off-center hits. 76 Grommets systemThis single-pass grommet holes construction provides more grommet holes, creating a high-performance stringing pattern that puts 7% more durability. CNT Carbon NanotubeThe new material ‘CNT Carbon Nanotube’ is adopted in both sides of the frame in order to give strength and perseverance.
    It holds large amount of energy at the impact, and releases it back like an arrow. It gives you depth and control in your game.
    The strength and flexibility of ‘CNT Carbon Nanotube’ will lead your game into the next level. High Speed FrameThe High Speed Frame design is an aerodynamic shape frame designed to reduce drag on the frame during straight on swing or hit.
    Resulting in a fast swing-through and the quicker maneuverability.

cheers,
    smart14

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Generally Apacs rackets are lighter plus also in ur case maybe you are used to the string tension (could be higher or lower). I suggest compare it with ur RSL (which i assume you satisfy with the specs) and try if you can copy the string tension (maybe getting it strung from the same stringer). As for the general spec, in comparison, a lighter racket moves faster whereas your RSL maybe is a head heavy racket which suits more for a wristy player.

To improve the smash with a lighter racket, use less wrist movement and a bit more swing.

#3354 Yoppy, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  15. smart14

smart14 Regular Member

im previously using fleet nano and i would say it just doesnt suit me and later i switched to rsl heat 928 with tension 26 lbs which is as light as my current apacs lethal 9. with the rsl, my smashing did improve very much compare to fleet and current apacs, however for netting, current apacs lethal 9 is much more better, i would try to get more customize to the apacs as more play goes alone, i hope. still, would like to hear more feedback from users of apacs lethal 9 here. i will be playing again tomolo night, so i will get more info and feedback for u guys here as well. there are too many brandname and types of racket outthere in the market but to be able find one really suit particular individual is really difficult..... although expert would recommend this and that every now and then...... the best way is to try it out by ursef.... but again, u can not affort to buy every rackets in the available which ppl say its good....... sigh! confused sometimes.....

16. smart14

smart14 Regular Member

yoppy,
    i did get my fleet strung to the same tension and same string i used for my rsl heat 928 which i tot it was down to the string problem of the fleet racket. but unfortunately it was not, the money and affort was wasted on the fleet racket. the conclusion is : same string and same tension on different racket will not give u the same result u want.... from then i have throw the fleet racket one side. and now with the apacs lethal 9, im sure the same thing will happen if i go get it strung again..... that's y i just wanna gather some information here before proceed with it......

hope u guys do help....

cheers,
    +mart14

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Well, the string tension is not the sole issue. There could be the BP, stiffness, overall weight, frame/shaft design, material base/tech, grip size, string type/size, etc etc. Unfortunately, I never used all the racket you mentioned (although i use flypower which i heard is manufactured by Fleet) so i cant comment exactly, but you are right one thing is for sure is there are no rackets are the same.

For me, (i have mentioned this on other thread as well) i like to treat string and racket issue separately. First, i like to get the string tension right, so no matter what racket i use i know that my optimum string tension is 28lbs. Then the secondary issue is the racket spec it self, which in this case i can still tolerate between all sort of different specs.

So i guess, in ur case i would say that if you confortable with 26lbs then you should maintain it until your body says otherwise. As for the racket itself, its explainatory as you can find the spec easily and compare it to your prefered spec. Having said that, you are right the best way is to try it out urself.

18. smart14

smart14 Regular Member

in fact, i dun purpose request for tension of 26 ibs or what so ever, it was recommended by the shop owner. i myself actually got no idea which tension is suitable for me..... even for my apacs with 27 lbs also recommended by the same person.... i think im just trying my luck with what im equip with..... i havent try 21, 22, 23, 24 and so on..... no idea how they feel like... so, is there any tension most ppl would be suitable in general.....for example , professional player would generally go for what tension?

19. smart14

smart14 Regular Member

collect me if im wrong, the more tension u increase, the more the power of the racket would be reduce? in term of smashing, defencing?

20. bkcollection

bkcollection Regular Member

anyone know the price of slayer 88 and slayer 99 in malaysia?
    what is so good of the woven technology?