Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. devilkupo

devilkupo Regular Member

student
    I need help in here. I'm ready to try out and buy a new racquet. I use AT700(ltd edi) and later thenI change to AT900T. I'm offensive type. I'm currently having N55-2nd gen, AT900P, N90-1st gen in my mind. I've tried to switch to a lighter weight of racquet such as NS9900 but I find it is very hard for me to adapt it. My timing all run off and i find that my power smash decrease so much. I don't have those big muscular body and I'm very slim. That is why i'm considering to switch to a lighter weight of racquet to see whether i can produce more power on my smashing by doing so. So any suggestion??

P.S : I strung my racquet with BG 66, 25lbs( I'm no begginer, i can smash very hard =p )

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    For some reason, Victor releases the BS10 and SW35, and then make the next number in the series a less-stiff version. No idea why. Reactionary?

The numbers in the series don't really mean anything, they're all just different specs of essentially the same racket, yuri.

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    All the racquets you listed (N55, AT900P and N90) are powerful racquets. I especially like the N55 and AT900P as I think they offer the best in terms of power and speed. But if you want more power, SW35 is the one though I feel the it is not as fast as N55 or AT900P.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So, for those who are fans of this racket, u promise not to change to others in the future? lol.

Coz, I am researching for some new rackets. What's that 1% still missing in this racket? Maybe I can 'complete' them to make them 100% for you? ;)

No offence, just trying to get some ideas. ;)

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I can't think of anything missing really, if I had to be super critical, I would like it to be ever so slightly more manueverable for the average player, however for me, I can manuever this racket with mo problems.:)

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Do you think that the 3U AT900P is faster than the SW35 ? In that case I should give the AT900P a try (I have only ever tried the 4U)

7. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i have both... they feel almost the same, at900p feels slight faster. strange thing is my at900p is faster than my at900t. in any case, sw35 is beautiful racquet, awesome. i won't asking anything more other than a better paint finish quality

8. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

i wonder what technology is superb from SW series compare to BS? since both of them are equipped with "Super Waves Inside" technology, yet BS has some more extra additional tech!

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

who cares about the technology ? At the end of the day, you should pick rackets based on Balance Point, stiffness and how it feels when you play with it. Personally I have no clue as to what technology is in the SW35

10. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

cuts like a sword? LOL

11. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I believe that the more creative-looking a racket is, the higher the price will be. The term "technology" isn't actually a hi-tech technology since any low-budget manufactures are able to do the same exact copy of different shapes with same quality, stiffness, BP, color, weight, etc..etc. Meanwhile factor such as hiring pros for marketing, brand name, are what determine the price as well.

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

At post number 232, it is likely superfluous to say that the SW35 is a nice racket. Nevertheless, here is one more vote.
    The 4U is perfect for my intermediate style. Pleasantly stiff; not overly head-balanced; and plenty fast in defence. The 3U is likely more demanding, but the 4U is very "accessible".
    It feels like a slightly more solid version of my beloved PP Trinity 1. Thanks to LD_rules for pointing out this lovely toy.:)

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Your more than welcome Fidget I hope you enjoy using this racket:)

14. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    Just ordered mine today! 3U with BG80 at 25lbs. Can't wait to try it out when it comes! Kind of hope exams don't get in the way when it arrives.... But anyways, will write a review when i log enough hours using it XD

15. Marpan

Marpan Regular Member

Hi Guys, I have been using the SW35 for a 9 months now. I have BG66/BG80 at 27lb, only recently I had to keep changing grommets every time I restring as it always splits. It's always the same one on the top vertical middle string.

I am thinking about putting it to 30lb, as I was told this will reduce the vibration and stop the split.

Is that true??

Thanks

16. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

You string high tensions with such thin strings like the BG66/BG80 (not so bad), you cannot expect it not to snap. Stringing to 30lbs will just make it snap even faster (one miss-hit will be all it takes). I used BG66 once at a tournament (26lb x 28 lbs) and I had to get my racket restrung THREE TIMES that same day (I wasn't even miss-hitting).

At 26 x 28 lbs, BG66 lasts me a couple of matches. BG80s lasts around 2 weeks or so depending on the weather. I used to play 3-4 nights a week.

There's a reason why professional players generally stick with the more durable strings (ie. BG65).

17. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
  18. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

...so what happened to your re-acquaintance with Z-Slash?

19. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    anyone compare sw35 with sw36 yet?

20. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

SW35 is a better racket IMO