APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The Lethal 90 and 100 are both stated to have "internal muscle power" frames.

2. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    some sort of like that but the function is diff..the muscle frame main function according to yy is to eliminate stress-load and fatigue ie the string and frame are close and have tighter contact..for the "internal muscle power" a.k.a inside wave as claimed by victor is more like enlargement of sweetspot and stability..

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

4. van de nan

planner
    between the gromets..see carefully the wave construction..my t200 dont have that =)

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think I can see it now. However, apacs has never listed that the T200 has the "muscle power frame" right? I'm just checking my T300 and Lethal 60/70, and I can't see any "muscle power frame".

EDIT: seriously though, I can't really convince myself that there are waves in that T200 picture - it looks more like a trick of the light. I can see it more clearly on the Visible Hollow 1800 (scroll down to last picture):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ACS-fan-club?p=1658754&viewfull=1#post1658754

#4085 ssj100, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. van de nan

planner
    maybe this guy got lucky coz he got a special edition or one of a kind edition one =)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/67020-WTS-Apacs-Tantrum-200-and-AMP95-(MY)

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'm very doubtful that the "muscle power frame" makes any difference to the overall effectiveness of the racket. Do all Yonex and Victor rackets have this "muscle power frame"?

8. van de nan

planner
    I dont really care so much about it..just want to know how many person do got their t200 with this kinda frame =) ..performance wise some top racket do have this structural tech called muscle power frame..look at Li ning n50,YY ti 10, Apacs AMP, Fleet tank power and many others but not all

9. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Well, clearly the "muscle power frame" was deemed inferior for the Tantrum series, hence why it was removed in the Tantrum 300 and perhaps in later Tantrum 200 rackets? We can only speculate I suppose. The Lethal 60/70 are amazing rackets and they don't have this "muscle power frame".

10. van de nan

planner
    I heard about the L60/70 was amazing but I havent tried it coz I prefer even balance racket like t200..by the way, the mp frame does not determine a racket to be a very good racket..its just a tech added to a racket for some purpose and people have diff opinion regarding to its effect..i kinda like Mp frame coz it looks tough regardless of any brands, =) haha

11. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think the T200 is actually more of a slightly head heavy racket.

12. van de nan

planner
    BP difference among same racket model is a wide topic to be discuss as lots of factor contributing to it from QC to our own feel towards the racket we used.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

That's quite true. I personally feel the Tantrum 300 is slightly less head heavy than the Lethal 60/70.

14. van de nan

planner
    I dont know how T300 should feel but i really think that L60/70 should be head heavier than tantrum series..My opinion would be:

tantrum 200/300:Arcsaber:Bravesword series in one group
    L60/70:Armortec:Superwave series in one group

just my opinion in terms of grouping not performance

15. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    They come with the 1g coin thing and a 4g coin thing. Going again to play tonight to get a better feel.

So far I like the Lurid Power 21 > Lurid Power 23 > Lethal 70 > Lurid 21 > Slayer 99

I'm going to order another racquet, what's the difference between the Tantrum 300 and the Visible Hollow 2020?

16. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    The T200 with Muscle Power Frame was the 1st batch ever produced. After that, no more......

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Again, I doubt 3g at the handle is going to make significant difference to the effective balance point. On the other hand, 3g extra at the head of the racket would certainly make it effectively more head heavy.

You've mentioned the Lurid Power 21 twice! By the way, apacs says that the Lurid Power 21 and 22 are for beginner to intermediate levels, while the 23 is for intermediate to advanced levels. From the specs, I think this is because the 21 and 22 are both medium-high flex, while the 23 is low flex (stiff).

The Lethal 70 and Slayer 99 are both low flex too.

I'd be careful purchasing the Visible Hollow 2020, as not much is known about it. Keep in mind that the Tantrum 300 is also a fairly stiff racket, though not quite as stiff as the Lethal 70.

18. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Doh! I meant Lurid Power 21 > Lurid Power 23 > Lethal 70 > Lurid 22 > Slayer 99

Thanks ssj100, I'm going to order the Tantrum and not the Visible Hollow.

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'm also curious about other rackets, including the Visible Hollow 2020, Lethal 90, Lethal 100, and Slayer 99. However, I don't think I'll be purchasing any of them unless I get to test them out first. I'm really not convinced that any of them would play better than the Tantrum 300 or Lethal 60/70, and I'm definitely not convinced of any significant technological improvements (eg. Lethal 90/100 have an apparent built-in "muscle power frame"...whatever that really means). To be honest, I think I'm sticking with my current rackets until a big break-through occurs and becomes available on the market - I don't forsee this for at least another 2-3 years. I don't think the Voltric 80, MX80, or Brave Sword 12 really boast any significant technological break-through.

Anyway, another 2 hour session coming up for me today. Can't wait to work with the Tantrum 300 and Lethal 70 again!

20. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    I wonder if anyone has any opinion on the Slayer 66 string? Pretty tempting to try since it's 0.66mm.

Sorry if this is out of topic as it's string related. But hey...I'm a big APACS fan :p