Cai Yun ( 蔡赟 ) and Fu Haifeng ( 傅海峰 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by labyrinthian, Jun 1, 2005.

1. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Also, FHF has made it clear in the past that he will retire when Cai Yun does, so I'll be surprised to see him change partners.

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Really? Source?! ^^
    Rumours source too! :p

Please let us see FHF and CY rocking the world until 2014 at least! I thought their next very big dream would be the Asian Championships 2014.

(btw: I miss the JJS/LYD vs. FHF/CY days...:eek:)

3. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I thought every coach in china has to take a coaching course in hongkong? I meant thats what Zhang Ning did right? I remember she went hongkong to do the course too.

4. craigiehill

craigiehill New Member

where is the original link of this one? i literally don't think our leader Cai has anytime on coaching courses yet. next month Sudirman Cup is to be held. Don't think he would quit that for the coaching courses.

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

with CB/HW and QZH/LXL in the team, will CY/FHF still need to stretch their legs in SC?

6. ezish

ezish Regular Member

I hope they haven't retired yet. I really really want to watch them live. I am going to China this year from Canada, will try to coordinate time so I can watch them. However, I don't see them playing many tournaments these days. Where can I find the info, which tournaments are they playing this year?

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    After watching them losing in IO and SC, I can tell they are slower than when they were in London. And making way more mistakes. Probably time to hang up their boots. :(

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Me too, I think Cai/Fu may retire sooner than we thought, give them another year at most, bearing in mind they are CHN players with so many others waiting in the wings. For sure we won't see them in the next Olympics.

As for Zhang Ning, I sense that she may postpone her coming back to coach, for how long, I don't know. My view is that for a first-time mother with a newborn who's not even a year old, she will be most reluctant to leave her beloved baby at home while she travels one or two weeks overseas regularly for work. Perhaps,that explains why Chen Jin is roped in as an assistant coach to the CHN WS.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If Qiu's injury is serious, maybe Cai Yun cannot retire this year.

Let's see if Qiu will play next week in Singapore. Justin, please update us with the latest!!

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Friend, my updates are from those websites you recommended; you know as much as I do. And sometimes even the Chinese media gets it wrong. I'd appeal to the Chinese forummers here, even if their source is the grapevine.

Anyway, my guess is Qiu will withdraw even if his knee injury is very slight (just a twitch?), just so to avoid aggravating it, the WC is much more important. I think Cai Yun's role now is to help groom and nurture the next crop of CHN MD; same goes for Lin Dan in the MS as Xia Xuanze has said.

13. scherzando

scherzando Regular Member

Student
    [MENTION=12152]ezish[/MENTION] Better go see them ASAP, it looks like they're retiring soon, based on how they've been playing. :( Hope you'll be able to see them in China! You're going to the WC?

14. ezish

ezish Regular Member

Really? Shoot.
    I want them to play longer. Don't retire so soon.

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Cai Yun's body language is quite clear that he is not going to play much longer.

On the other hand, Fu HaiFeng already said that he never thought about retirement. Perhaps we will see Fu HaiFeng / Zhang Nan combination as soon as this year.

16. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Actually FHF was originally registered to play a tournament with Hong Wei. But they withdrew.

I would live to see him play with Zhang nan though.

17. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Hong Wei can't possibly be a partner for Fu HaiFeng. Shen Ye and Zhang Nan are the most suitable partners among the current players. Liu XiaoLong would be an exciting choice but he plays way too risky to complement Fu HaiFeng.

18. Yangjiaomi

Yangjiaomi New Member

Cai yun and Fu haifeng said they will retire together one day but i think Li Yongbo will ask Fu to stay, cause that's good for the team. Anyway, cai&fu will at least play for Asian games next year. What's next? We will see...

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Cai yun throwing all his racket in the semi final is a sign of him retiring from international badminton? Or what? Anyway, noticed that fu/cai didn't really have any communications or look to each other in their match against ahsan/setiawan. It seems like both are playing their own game and enjoying it individually rather than a team though.

20. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i think there was another time in a recent HK Open where i saw them play like that. however i thought CY is retiring after WC13? is that a fact?