Malaysian Juniors

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by erin_hakkinen, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

to those juniors that just celebrated their birthday, i wish all of them happy belated birthday and all the best in future! hope their hardwork get paid off and jia you!! all the best!! muAkss..

2. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yES... YES......yESSSSSSSSSSSSSS~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! muahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaa...... MALAYSIA BOLEH.. palapapapa... i'm lovin it.. huhuhuhu... CONGRATS GUYS... MALAYSIAN LUV U ALL~

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Next upcoming event is the "Cheers Asian Satellite 2007".
    Malaysia will send 73 players to Singapore on Tuesday.

MJ seeded entries:

MS:
    #3: Tan Chun Seang
    #7: Daren Liew
    #9: Beryno Wong
    #12: Chong Wei Feng
    #13: Lim Kenn
    #16: Chong Li Qun

MD:
    #2: Vountus/Arif
    #3 Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun
    #6: Goh Ying Jin/Azrihanif Azahar
    #7: Razif Rahman/Au Kok Leong
    #8: Khoo Chung Chiat/Chang Hun Pin

WS:
    #1: Julia Wong
    #2: Anita Raj

WD:
    #1: Haw Chiou Hwee/Lim Yin Loo
    #8: Chong Sook Chin/Amelia Alicia Anscelly

XD:
    #1: Chan Peng Soon/Haw Chiou Hwee
    #2: Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei

The draw is out: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draws.aspx?id=15083

4. sweetluv

sweetluv Regular Member

thanks ya..... yannie! for your information..

5. ~sss~

~sss~ Regular Member

Badminton: Maiden title for Chun Seang

[​IMG]
    Chun Seang: Now aiming for Korat Sea Games spot.
    TAN Chun Seang, playing in his 26th tournament on the international stage, won the Vietnam International Challenge in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday.
    Chun Seang, the joint third seed, was a bundle of nerves early but took a grip on the proceedings to beat unseeded Indonesian Ari Yuli Wahyu 21-16, 18-21, 21-14.

Chun Seang, 21, was denied the title by compatriot Lim Kenn in his previous final, the Sri Lanka satellite last November, and Ari Yuli threatened to do the same yesterday after the Indonesian had eliminated top seed Roslin Hashim in the semi-finals.

Ari Yuli was gunning for his first title but Chun Seang, the 2010-2012 Project squad’s top shuttler, did not waste the golden opportunity.

Yesterday’s win comes as a huge relief to Project squad head coach Rashid Sidek who has seen his players blowing away numerous chances, but more importantly, it is a psychological boost for Chun Seang, who has been persisting for three years for his big break and who remained stagnant after breaking into the top 50 last year.
    Chun Seang, the World 46, said by telephone from Ho Chi Minh City yesterday that he is now aiming to earn a place in the squad to December’s Korat Sea Games.

"My target was to win this title as I badly needed it to boost my confidence. There was some pressure but I’m glad to have pulled through," said Chun Seang.

"I will now push for a place in the Korat Sea Games squad and also try to break into the top 30 so that I can qualify for the main draw of the Super Series tournaments.

"I’ll have a better chance of improving my ranking if I can gain direct entry into the main draw of the Super Series.

"I’ll play in the Singapore satellite next week and hope to continue my winning ways there as well."

Roslin is the top seed in Singapore while Chun Seang is the joint third in the satellite event which has attracted virtually the same players from Vietnam, which means Chun Seang has a good opportunity to reach the final again. The tournament begins on Wednesday.

If Chun Seang does win again, his ranking is expected to move up to World No 38. The women’s singles title was won by Commonwealth Games champion Tarcey Hallam of England who beat Indonesia’s Maria Elfira Christina 21-15, 21-15.

Results — (All finals) Men’s singles: Tan Chun Seang (Mas) bt Ari Yuli Wahyu (Ina) 21-16, 18-21, 21-14.

Doubles: Mohamed Ahsan-Bona Septano (Ina) bt Cho Gun Woo-Yoo Yeon Seong (S Kor) 21-15, 21-19.

Women’s singles: Tracey Hallam (Eng) bt Maria Elfira Christina (Ina) 21-15, 21-15.

Doubles: Yulianti-Dili Puspita Richi (Ina) bt Ha Jung Eun-Kim Min Jung (S Kor) 21-15, 21-17.

Mixed doubles: Trikus Heryanto-Yunita Tetty (Ina) bt Akhmad Tantowi-Yulianti (Ina) 21-17, 9-21, 21-16.

6. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

The success of TCS in Vietnam proves Rasid Sidek is good enough we can rely on his 08-12 project.
    TCS should be trained and play more like LD style, A good offence is always a good defence.
    TCS can play aggresive game which other MAS senior players lack of, except LCW. What he needs to improve is his stamina. Rasid and Fu KoK Keong used to trained this under Fang (his ex coach and now INA coach)

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Just to be exact, Fang Kaixiang is PB. Djarum's coach in INA. He does not coach the National Team. Fang have also coached PB. Tangkas in the past... Djarum and Tangkas are badminton clubs in INA. :)

Congratulations to TCS again! Awesome youngster. Awesome left-handed overhead.

Let's see TCS vs. Andre Kurniawan Tedjono next time... ;) Andre is 20, will be 21 this year. Basically the same age as TCS. MAS young star vs. INA young star! :D

Unlike TCS who almost always breathes heavily by the 3rd set, Andre is so fit he doesn't appear tired at all. But unlike TCS, Andre does not have that awesome left-handed overhead.... So far that I know, TCS excel in power, Andre in stamina. :cool:

Maybe they will see each other at the Thailand Open GP or the Philippine Open GP or... Indonesia Challenge in Surabaya! Come to Indonesia TCS, we want to see you compete with our INA Juniors some more... ;)

8. blazingchaos

blazingchaos Regular Member

ok i dont know what are all your opinions but i really hate it when i see people saying that.. hey, you know XXX player is under YYY coach and should be trained ABC way to go further. my personal opinion is that the coach knows what to do and although the player plays for the country, we have no rights whatsoever to say such things. anyhows, i personally feel that people who like to say XXX player should be trained in ABC way are kinda showoffs.

9. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

Such a rude interruption!
    I couldn't understand why he or she (from SIN) will use 'I HATE' and 'WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY...'
    I like the way of discussion with Krisna (from INA). He is well educated.
    This is 'BADMINTON CENTRAL DISCUSSION FORUM' for badmintion fans to express their opinion.

10. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    Actually i agree with you. There was one time i rarely visit this thread. Just because i'm quite annoyed by those stuff you mentioned.

#510 erin_hakkinen, Jun 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Good job MJs!!!

Lim Kenn has won Sri Lanka Satellite
    Daren Liew has won Taiwan Satellite
    Tan Chun Seang has won Vietnam Satellite, Singapore Satellite

12. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    INDEED!!! LONG LIVE MJs!! :D great job.. Gosh im starting to like the MJs. haha..

13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Which one of them do you prefer? ;):p

14. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    :crying: IM FORCED TO REPLY THIS POST!!! yan, you are just PLAIN EVIL!!! *grill*
    lmao...
    anyway, uhm... *cracks head* well, chun seang maybe? actually i seriously dunno. but he won more than the others did so oh well.. i dont have a specific answer, YET. u better accept this first. :D:p

15. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

ah, you can't just like him because he's won a couple of titles.
    that's glory hugging!
    :D

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

:):):):):) Daren and Chun Seang :):):):):)

German Open, March 2007

Attached Files:

17. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Impresive!!!

Something to work on...
    Hope this is the begining of something greater for TCS!!!

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Great to see these youngsters coming up to continue this great game of badminton and for us fans to enjoy their play. Hey, whatever happen to Tommy, INA great hope??? Andre seems to come from nowhere to emerge as INA future hope, yet INA has been singing the praises of Tommy all along.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Not really..

..Tommy Sugiarto has been garnering some attention because simply of his father's name..In actuality he's just overhyped..Andre, according to his past record, has been much more consistent and successful..;):cool:

#519 ctjcad, Jun 2, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  20. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    y0ung

Is important that this youngster start wining against LD, TH & LCW, be4 this star players starting down hill so that people wont say they are on top because star player retire... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.