2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I think it's important to think of it's entire shape, not just length and width. Length wise it looks like the VT80, yes but not the width. And on top of that the narrower lines between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock.

But I really don't know, it's really hard to tell by just images. One can just speculate until the racket has actually been released.

2. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    ASIDE from the topless Lee Chong Wei as the VT-ZF II spokesperson,

Nichkhun is now also an official VT-ZF II spokesperson...

Check the official Yonex Promo pic below.
    nichkun.jpeg

3. sychong95

sychong95 Regular Member

Student
    I think u made a mistake. Look at the overall length of the Z force II. the length of each racket should be the same!

You didn't minimize the image of Z force II to make it the length of the other rackets. But that also Z force II head is way smaller.

4. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    If I made them all the same size, the ZF2's head and handle would have been way too small. On the Yonex site it says something about the racket being 10mm longer, which makes sense when lining the images up.

5. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    It says something about 10mm, yea, but not that the entire racket is 10mm longer. Even if it was 10mm longer, the images you posted make the racket look far more than 10mm, maybe 20-30mm (if you think about the handle's lower part)

6. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yea, I think 10mm longer shaft, but maybe someone could clarify. But I think you're right, the ZF2 can't be that long. I'll re do the image once we get accurate measurements of how long the racket is. If the racket isn't much longer, and the head is just much smaller, I'll be very disappointed.

7. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    See edit below.

#327 Naim.F.C, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"10mm long" only means that it is a 'modern' 675mm long racket rather than the traditional 665 from the previous century ;) (you will notice it is mentioned for just about every model but take the Cab20 & 35 and it will not say it).
    If the shaft is longer it usually means the handle is short(er) like an AT700 vs AT800/900.
    So your ZFII here is oversized; the head really does appear to be like a Z-Speed one.

#328 demolidor, Jan 31, 2014
  9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's available for pre-order starting tomorrow.
    No price revealed yet.
    Waiting for that too.

10. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Ok, I made some edits to the previous post which was more than likely inaccurate.

If we match the head sizes of the ZF2 with the ZF up, it leaves the ZF2 being a marginally longer racket overall, and with an ever so slightly less wide string area in the head.

If we match the length of the rackets as all the same, the ZF2 ends up having a noticeably smaller head, in both height and width, giving an even less forgiving sweet spot area, which I'm not entirely fond of myself.

I guess only time will tell. But here are the edited images to account for both the above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#330 Naim.F.C, Jan 31, 2014
  11. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Looks more and more like a ZSpeed with added Tri-Voltage system. They have to do better than that if they want me to switch from the first generation.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Yonex may as well make an oval and just call it a day, since they're making a small racket head...

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

All same length and to the eye the same handle thickness. Cab50 frame/head looks kinda small (based on Z-Slash frame being smaller than an old Aerotus iirc ... for what that's worth [​IMG]). But on the overlay the bottom half is wider than the ZF-II so probably just an optical illusion that it seemed scaled too small, top half more narrow though.
    ZF-I easily has the bigger frame compared to Zf-II, shaft length seems similar only ZF-I has a slightly shorther handle thus the shaft begins and ends lower but overall appears about same length.

#334 demolidor, Jan 31, 2014
  15. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Great comparison. ZF2 looks sort of like a mix between the Nanoray Z-Speed and the Z-Force. Head size wise closest to the Z-speed, which is actually less appealing to me. Shaft does look very slim though.

16. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    who the heck is this, well regardless, i'm glad he's wearing clothes.

i'm sure some of the fanatics or collectors of yonex won't care about the price, but i'll be waiting for the price and wondering how much more people in the US have to pay if they have no connections to the asia market :)

so it's a repainted zspeed, yay!!!

#336 gundamzaku, Jan 31, 2014
  17. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I'm wondering if Yonex even bothered to wait for feedback on the ZSpeed before making ZF2. They didn't announce it that much later than the ZSpeed and there are not that many changes to it so they must be confident that people 'liked' the ZSpeed...

18. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Hmm, well the reviews on the Z-speed have been quite mixed. I have also read about durability issues, so it will be interesting to find out.

Hopefully the few tweaks they've implemented help improve the racket, otherwise I might well end up still sticking to the VT80.

19. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    zspeed is the best racket since the zslash :p, hated the shape of the frame, but love the paint job.

if the zf2 has the same frame shape as the zspeed, then it's ugly in my opinion.

but why would this coming racket be much more expensive than other top end yonex?

20. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    In Japan, the price is about the same as other top end rackets (approx. 20 000 yen). In some stores cheaper than ZSpeed.