Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Not really.

Until recently, Thomas Laybourn was using the Nanospeed 8000.
    He has rarely lost a racquet because of repeated stringing.
    In fact, he would restring several times during a tournament.
    (Of course, if the stringer isn't up to par, the result would be different.)

And, yes, he uses 36 pounds :)

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    NS8000/3U used to be my main racket, and I can just say NO way in hell the NS8Ks yonex sold me would hold up acceptable at "real" non-proportional 36lbs stringing.

Five of my NS8K/3Us even imploded in the stringing machine at 32lbs. Never expereinced that with other models.

Maybe if he had some special DP-serial/QC, 2U NS8ks of the newer 8K version (brown/gold) :confused: ..but original 3Us.. no f-ing way, imop :D

/Twobeer

P.S. some club players i know that ar ns8k users break about 1 NS8k every second month or so (clashes excluded) and it is the "new" model.. The main reason here for NS8K users to switch racket is usually beacuse they feel it breaks to easy :-(

P.P.S.
    Sorry for being off topic (but the mod started it :-D :-D ... )
    I have just ordered my first Li Ning.. could not resist.... :-D

#182 twobeer, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

See this: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=897137&postcount=103
    One of the paper wraps says it all.

I could dig out the high-resolution picture or maybe even a close shot.
    Those 2008 pictures are in my old, disconnected desktop PC :)

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Did you get the N90?

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I knew it, I knew it! He can't resist on ordering one!:D:D

Give a review after you play with it. BTW, which model did you order?

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    N90 only, but will probably order the N70 as well..

/Twobeer

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I trust you, of course ;-) .. But I would still trust my own experience with the rackets than anything else anyway :)..
    I didnt see how it was strung, and most importantly I have no idea how long the racket life was :). was it 3U.. As i said a 2U maybe a JP, DP version would be of higher quality (more nano) in the frame?

The MAS playres on the sheet where all 28-32 :) with less fragile rackets :)

/Twobeer

8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Might as well get two, since shipping should be the same, well, from where I ordered anyways, couldn't justify getting mulitple even though I wanted to get the N33, N50 and N90 along with the N70 :eek:

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Laybourn was the highest in the 'work orders'.
    Sho Sasaki was next... his order was for 33 lbs.

Most of the Malaysian players were on 28 or 29.
    In contrast, the tomboy China WD were using 32.

What I'd now like to know is how much Laybourn has on the NS 9900.

10. fitnessguy

fitnessguy Regular Member

Student
    wow, my father just came home from china (i live in denmark) and he called me and said "come on down when you get the time to do so, i have a surprise for you". when i came to his house, he gave me two Li-Ning rackets and said "do you think theese are good" :D
    i haven't had the time to try them out yet, and i probably won't for too many days, so now they are lying in my room, torturring me.

11. CWK_dk

CWK_dk New Member

Badminton coach
    That is just so unfair. =)
    Which ones is it then?

12. fitnessguy

Student
    yeah im lucky ^^
    i dont know much (or anything) about li-ning, since i come from denmark and they don't have a market here :mad:
    but the names are:
    3G ti powertec tpioia
    TB nano powertec 200 A

i don't believe they are high end, or from this season.. but they seem very good and i'm very exited to try them out :)

13. CWK_dk

CWK_dk New Member

Badminton coach
    No, it would be nice if you could buy them here in Denmark, but I guess we'll have to wait some time before we can try the high end products of theirs.

I'd love to try the the one Lin Dan and Fu Haifeng uses, respectively. :)

14. fitnessguy

Student
    right its too bad that we haven't got any brands in stores to compete with yonex and forza. i went to a lot of stores the last time i needed a new racket but i only found a lot of yonex and forza... i ended up buying on the internet :p
    if we got a brand like li-ning in the stores, then i think that we would see them at the gyms very quickly :)

15. CWK_dk

CWK_dk New Member

Badminton coach
    Haha, nah, I doubt that. Forza and Yonex have a lot of low-end rackets, and the ones you find in the stores are usually low end or ridiculously expensive. I always buy my rackets online, and I rarely find a store that has the rackets I want to try out (just the feel).

16. fitnessguy

Student
    there is another thing i don't understand - how can denmark be competing (sometimes beating) the best in the world, but not have any badminton stores. there might be one, but i haven't found it then :(

17. CWK_dk

CWK_dk New Member

Badminton coach
    Well, you're right, it's a sad situation, but I just don't think that there's enough interest for badminton in Denmark, to open stores with only badminton gear. Trans Ocean Sport in Lyngby (Sjælland, I don't know where you live =)) sells badminton and tennis stuff only, but it's just as expensive as any other retailer. It never pays off to buy things in the stores, unless you have absolutely NO idea what you want, and the seller knows a lot more than the average Sportmaster-emplyoee.

18. Sybarite

Sybarite New Member

Just bought and tried the N90. Strung as usual Yonex 98 at 26lbs. Same as my Yonex Arc 9,10, AT800, N9900, MP100.

Initial feel before playing is that the balance is head heavy, balance point about 0.4-0.8cm different from the other Yonex rackets. Consistently head heavier (grip included) measurements. Thicker cross section construction in the head frame as well. Shaft is also more flexible than the other Yonex rackets - perhaps giving it the feeling of 'power' during hits.

Playing feel was good - good power all round with smashes, and fast enough for doubles, feels like a lighter faster MP100 (which has plenty of power but heavier and slower). The flexier shaft is a bit more comfortable but I had to time my contact slightly earlier to adjust to this feel. Definitely not as stiff as the ARC 10 or N9900.

Overall feel is very subjective - I still like my ARC 9 the best. I feel the extra premium for the N90 is not justifiable. Not a breakthrough in outright stiffness, performance, or feel to make up the extra dollars.

19. 3hirty6ix

3hirty6ix New Member

Hello all. I am new to this forum so bear with me. I'm looking to buy a new racket and I'm currently on a trip in China; so there are Li-Ning stores literally at every street corners.

I consider myself to be a beginner/intermediate player but it has been quite a while since I've played. So I'm thinking of buying a new racket to get back into it.

My questions are: are mid-range Li-Ning rackets worth it? Which series are considered mid-range? I've browsed through the li-ning website but it isn't all that useful. I'm not an expert in this field so I'm looking for some advice.

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

You might like the N50.
    It's light and deadly :)