Lee Chong Wei & Wong Mew Choo

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Oct 21, 2012.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wakakaka. Look at the photos george posted. WMC's gown not so sexy

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

From one of the other pictures, I thought it was another end that was somehow 'sartorially enhanced'. :eek:

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so apparently they held something like 6 press conferences for the wedding. but most of them LCW not present and very little info about the wedding itself. the press thinks the press conferences more for publicity for their sponsors.

-----

http://mynewshub.my/eng/2012/10/sponsors-spoiling-the-show-for-chong-wei-mew-choo-wedding/

KUALA LUMPUR – The journalistic fraternity is up in arms over the “exploitation of the Press” with regard to badminton superstar Datuk Lee Chong Wei’s upcoming wedding.
    Chinese newspapers yesterday reported that journalists were piqued by Lee’s multiple press conferences ahead of the wedding to former national shuttler Wong Mew Choo on Nov 9.
    Saturday’s Press conference, which Lee did not attend, was the second with four more to go. Some journalists felt they were being turned into propaganda machines for Lee’s sponsors.
    Sources tell The Malay Mail the bill for the wedding is largely footed by Lee’s sponsors.
    Journalists who attended the press conference found that it lacked substantial information on the wedding, apart from minor details on the event’s procedure, a Facebook competition and a brief introduction to the sponsors, reports Malaysiakini.
    Ntv7 news anchor Lee Siad Huey started an online firestorm by slamming Lee in her Facebook page.
    According to her, Lee was “insincere” and was exploiting the media.
    Said Huey complained that despite the multiple press conferences before the wedding, only selected media were allowed to cover the banquet.
    Her Facebook posting drew support from many journalists and netizens but there were those who disagreed.
    Responding to the controversy, Lee told Guang Ming Daily he had just returned from Denmark and, as such, was unable to attend the Press conference.
    He said the multiple Press conferences were the result of the media repeatedly asking for information on the wedding plans.
    Fans wanting to attend the wedding could try their luck with a posting on his Facebook page for a chance to win an invitation. The competition closes on Nov 5.
    Hopefuls, who must first click ‘like’ under Lee’s fan page, are invited to explain why they wish to attend the wedding reception at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
    “The 10 best comments will be picked by Chong Wei and Mew Choo, based on creativity,” Sachi Choo of Chong Wei’s agency said. – MalaysianDigest

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    hehe
    u underestimated his worth too :p

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hey boss
    i thought this also on the edge of borderline?haha

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think we shouldn't bring this up.

7. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Nation
    Saturday November 3, 2012
    Chong Wei: Mew Choo’s ‘I do’ to proposal is like winning the best medal
    By TERENCE TOH
    terence.toh@thestar.com.my
    [​IMG] Picture perfect: Chong Wei and Mew Choo posing during the fitting for their wedding at DL Couture in Jalan Imbi, Kuala Lumpur.
    KUALA LUMPUR: Hearing his sweetheart Wong Mew Choo say “I do” to his marriage proposal was like winning the best medal of his life, said badminton champion Datuk Lee Chong Wei.
    The Olympic silver medallist was in a jovial mood yesterday while attending a fitting for his wedding on Nov 9.
    “The preparations have not always been easy as many people have given me different opinions.” Lee said, looking dapper in his tuxedo.
    Asked what had made her accept Lee's wedding proposal, Wong's answer was succinct: “Because I felt his sincerity.” She looked radiant in her white gown with a long train.
    Lee said he and Wong were planning to go overseas for their honeymoon, naming the United States, New Zealand and the Maldives as possible destinations.
    However, he said he would postpone the honeymoon until he had retired from badminton.
    Lee said that as six was his lucky number, the couple was going to have six bridesmaids and six best men, including fellow badminton players Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong and Gan Teik Chai.
    He added that he would definitely be continuing his badminton career after the wedding.
    “I may skip the China Open as my wedding is on Saturday.
    “However, I may still go to Hong Kong and Macau,” he said, adding that Lin Dan had been invited, but could not attend as he would be playing in a tournament at the time.
    Sponsors for the wedding include DL Fashion, Anovia Bridal, Spozami Wedding Mansion and Sanyu Chen Beauty.
    DL Fashion managing director Leslie Lee said Wong's gown, which would be worn on the official wedding ceremony, cost about RM30,000.
    “We didn't want to make the gown too elaborate,” Lee said, saying that simplicity was the best way to showcase Wong's personality.
    The fashion design house said they had prepared six sets of bridal gowns and suits for the wedding, and had flown in Christian Louboutin footwear from Paris for Wong.
    The private tea ceremony for Lee and Wong will take place at their home on Nov 9. It will be attended by family and closest friends.
    This will be followed by two dinners one on the same night and another on Nov 10 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/11/3/nation/12269084.asp&sec=nation

8. eaglehelang

[h=2]FOCUS INTACT: World, Asian titles his aim despite marriage[/h] [​IMG]
    Lee Chong Wei and Wong Mew Choo pose in their wedding attire at a rehearsal yesterday. Pic by Hasriyasyah Sabudin
    1 / 2

MARRIAGE will not stop Lee Chong Wei from his pursuit of the 2013 World Championships and 2014 Asian Games titles.
    Chong Wei, who will marry long time sweetheart and former international Wong Mew Choo next week, will return to action almost immediately as he will compete in the Hong Kong Open (Nov 20-25) and Macau Open (Nov 27-Dec 20).
    "I have slowed down after the Olympics and have been quite busy with my wedding preparations. In fact, I have not trained for the last 10 days since returning from Denmark but I will return to competition in the Hong Kong Open.
    "Marriage is not going to take me away from badminton just yet as I will keep trying to do well in the next two years. My focus will be on the World Championships next year and the 2014 Commonwealth Games.

"However, the pressure on me will be more in the next two years as I will not be able to maintain the high physical level I used to have but I will never stop working hard.
    "I will always be prepared and give my best in every tournament. I have done that for almost a decade and I will follow the same discipline until I retire.
    "However, I want to enjoy every moment of this once in a lifetime event and have grand ceremony. I would also like to express my gratitude for all the support I have received all this while."
    Besides the Hong Kong and Macau Opens, Chong Wei will also compete in the World Super Series Masters Finals in Shenzhen on Dec 12-16 where he could renew his rivalry with nemesis Lin Dan of China.
    The two-time Olympic champion has not competed since winning gold in London in August.
    Chong Wei and Mew Choo wedding preparations received a massive boost as bridal designers DL Fashion will be sponsoring bridal gowns, suits, wedding photography and video shoot amounting to RM850,000. This is including 120 dresses and suits for family members, best men and bridesmaids as well as close friends which is worth RM400,000.
    Shuttlers Koo Kien Keat, Tan Boon Heong, Gan Teik Chai, Khoo Chung Chiat, Tan Kim Boon and Danny Ng will be Chong Wei's best men for the grand occasion next weekend.

9. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    the saying of the town is that, datuklee marry her bcoz of this. But this is just for LOL... The coincident is that when they split wong go enlarge, and after enlarge they united

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    to fidget
    lcw said he get 850k sponsor
    while the rest he paid on his own

11. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Oh. So it is only 850k and he is paying for "the rest" on his own. Keeping it real. Yeesh, A fellow would be happy to get a tip from a guy who gets a tip at that wedding; it would be enough to keep you in lobster and champagne for a week!

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    let see
    if lee chong wei invite 20k people in total.
    made it rm 50 cost per person.
    do u think those who get invite will only give rm 50 angpau?
    i think rm 100 is more likely
    so how much profit did lcw gain?
    rm 50 x 20000 =1,000,000

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    so LD told LCW that he would not be attending due to participating in china open...which he is not?

14. eaglehelang

According to Harian Metro, its RM1.25 mil. 850k + 400k. DL Fashion said the 400k is for the suits & gauns of best men, bridesmaids, family of bride& groom.The King(in case fidget dunno what Yang Dipertuan Agung means),so has the Prime Minister. So,the wedding reception food and environment need to be high class

.Limsy, its 2,500 guests for the 2 days.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe,i never read these news in detail

16. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Quote of the week. :)

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Noticed in the pic Wong is much happier after than before...

18. george@chongwei

Badminton never dies!...:)

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The couple look fabulous! Like out of a story-book! :):):)

It's great to see these people so happy and glowing and so much into the moment. And away from the badminton wourts and all that...

So many tough years, wake up at 5am, exercise, run, practise, injuries, rehab, stress, fighting, win, fail, jet-lag, stomach problem, crowds cursing, crowd cheering, crowd crying....

Right now, everyone is happy. Great!!!!

20. george@chongwei

Yes, after all the hardships and failurers, now is the time to rejoice, be happy and ENJOY LIFE:)