Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. jjashik

jjashik Regular Member

FYI, The video embedded in post 3299 was a player profile of the LYD/JJS team:
    [video=youtube;oXNQcn9pK9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNQcn9pK9g[/video]

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Do you mean the video are extracted from the LYD/JJS team player profile? In the 8mins+ video,I don't find the physical training of LYD cuts there.

And btw, the video i posted in post 3299 already removed by the user. Not sure why.. Maybe the uploader is one of the bc member?:eek:

3. Agile_Monkey

Agile_Monkey Regular Member

Student
    [video=youtube;Z-gkH84sqpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gkH84sqpk[/video]
    TO all LYD's fans:
    Just would like to share this short vid about LYD's 2008 Olympic success.
    It would be good if someone could translate it to English.

cheers

4. Agile_Monkey

Student
  5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    is LYD's dad still around??

6. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

What's the Yonex racquet that LYD used in the 2008 olympics?

7. Agile_Monkey

Student
    Yonex Armortec 800 Defensive, Green/black colour.

8. george@chongwei

Just found out from the net before this someone did upload the full show to youku and dailymotion but it was removed after a few days.
    While trying to search for the show around the net, i found the torrent file of this show located here and I try to download it but unsuccessful. I think most probably is was due to the age of the torrent. Note that this torrent was uploaded in January last year. Any ways to raise the amount of seeders? or leechers or something? There's also another Korean website located here that provide streaming or download for the show but most probably one need to register and pay.
    Well, that's all I can find. Hoping for some miracle ...

9. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Don't we have any korean members here?? I am currently thinking about just paying to watch it and record it... sick of waiting :D

10. george@chongwei

Hoping for miracles, cheetah:D

11. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    lol yeah I doubt that we're EVER gonna watch it... :(

12. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

Your miracle has arrived!

Youtube link to the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcpIrLu5JZ8

I'm korean myself...so I would try making subtitles for it (If you strongly request it)

I got a tournament and some exams coming up...so I won't have time till september 29th but after that i'll try making subtitles for it.

If anybody here has experience with video subtitles, share some advice :) it would help a lot(I've never made subtitles for a video before :/)

Oh and if anybody needs anything related to Korean badminton that's written, spoke in Korean, just ask for it :)

13. orangenetic

This is a interview about LYD that was posted on a Korean website a while ago. Had some spare time to translate it for you guys :)

Original page : http://navercast.naver.com/magazine_contents.nhn?rid=1415&contents_id=44131

Lee Yong Dae, I would like to let go of my racket and rest.
    Korean National Badminton Player, 26years old, Seoul

- I started badminton to lose weight. That way I became friends with badminton and even won medals in olympics. I think that what you try when you are young is very important. The more, the better.

- I liked Doubles from when I was young. Korea has been in the top class for doubles for a long time. So the coaches have better knowledge, techniques on doubles than singles. That's why many who first start badminton have more fun and interest in it.

- Doubles is faster than singles. It's just crazy fast.

- Doubles is like having a relationship or a marriage. I've never been married before but I think it's going to be similar. First you say together that's it's going to get well but when you face difficulties you say it's the other's fault. If you can't stay together, sometimes you break up. I sometimes miss them and feel sorry. In some cases, you get back together. But then sometimes you still have the feelings about each other and break up again and live like they're not there.

- I always feel sorry for my partner. When we don't win at a competition, people always think the fault is on my partner, not me.

- My partner has changed again. Fortunately we won the first competition we played together. I always feel thankful for Yoo Yeon Sung who had to stay in my shadows all this time.

- It's been 10 years since I first had the Korean flag marked on my chest.

- I got in the National Team when I was in 9th grade so I always think being polite do the older players is an important thing.

- I move by the same schedule every day. Over 15 world competitions and the asian games stuck between it, and the olympics. Nothings new to me now since i've had this schedule for 10 years.

- When I was young, I felt really excited when I got to play at competitions and rode planes. Now i'm afraid to go to the airport. The economy seat feels very uncomfortable these days. Is it just that I got a little fat? Sometimes i'd rather have a match than to get on a plane.

- When I play on big competitions, there are only strong people or skilled people. I always meet the same people. There are even some foreign players I meet more often than my parents.

- I think of having a different job sometimes. I would like to let go of my racket completely but I just haven't found something better than badminton. Playing on competitions all year long, I just can't try anything else. I'd love to have a little rest.

- I've had no personal life after the London Olympics.

- I don't have time to practice. The real matches become my practice.

- I would like to rest from competitions and practice with my partner but to keep my world ranking, I have to go on competitions. To play in the olympics, world ranking is very important.

- Living a life where winning and losing is clear isn't a bad choice. Having a little tension in your life helps your body, mental health.

- Rather than winning the opponent with power and speed, I like to make the opponents make a mistake. When I don't use a lot of energy and win the opponent, I feel great.

- You never know where the shuttlecock is going to go so you always have to keep your spot.

- Getting hit by my partner's smash from behind hurts much more than losing a match xD

- The 2016 Brazil Olympics will be my Retirement match. I think i've done my best till now.

- When i'm 30 years old i'd like to do something else. It's not that i'm quitting badminton, it's just that I won't be a player anymore. For example, i'd like to do a "LYD youth scholarship for badminton", "LYD's badminton lessons", "Let's diet with badminton taught by LYD", "How I learned life by playing badminton speeches".

- I don't think it's time to marry yet. There just isn't a woman that could understand and go with my schedule. If I married, my wife would have to be alone at home 300days out of 365days a year. Who would want to marry a man like that?

- Most athletes marry early. But if I married early i'd be very unstable. Even if I do marry early, it would be aftler August 2016 after the olympics.

- If I become a IOC(International Olympic Committee) it would be really great. But to become one, i'd have to get good results on the 2016 olympics.

- I think a lot about whether I hurt anybody's feelings while I was trying to success as a badminton player. Especially my parents... . It feels empty to have all my goals achieved before I reached 30. I don't know what to do with that empty feeling. I just hope time would wash it away.

That's it. If you have any errors or questions for this translation, just ask :)

#3313 orangenetic, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  14. visor

visor Regular Member

Awesome, tks!

15. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Great info on LYD, tks man!

16. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    wow thank you so much for the translations!

17. orangenetic

It would be very sad to watch a great player like LYD retire.
    But it seems as if he had a very hard 10 years of his very young badminton life.

Thank you LYD and good luck on the 2016 Olympics!

18. phanlinhkhuong

phanlinhkhuong Regular Member

Badminton Shop Owner
    Why 2016? I hope he can get the championship next year 2015 :D

19. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

This is kind of sad. To here LYD saying he's tired of competing at the highest level and worrying about his family and playing partners. I hope he can get a MD world championship and a MD gold medal before its all over.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks for the awesome translation.!!