Rexy cancels one-week holiday for shuttlers

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Jessica, Aug 21, 2007.

1. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    the additional training sessions is alright, just make it fun.. as a player, u of coz want a good session, but at the same time a little fun so that it wont feel boring and monotonous...

what Rexy should introduce (or add) is techncal analysis or video analysis on their opponents, kinda like what Rafa Benitez has been doing with Liverpool in the EPL...

KKK-TBH has the attitude to succeed, and of coz CTF-LWW... The rest, im not so sure, on-off performances....

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Well, I think it is clear that Chinese players have better physical ability compared to Mas players. Look at CY/FHF, their movements IMHO are not as efficient as KKK/TBH, nevertheless, they appear at least as fast as the latter. Why is that? I believe it's physical training. Or look at CJ. How did he beat Simon? He has the ability of running endlessly and smashing when it seems impossible -- as a consequence Simon has no idea how to move CJ around. Again, it should be due to severe physical training.

If you are physically superior to your opponent, you get "extra" confidence. For example, CY/FHF, they know they are the only pair who can relentlessly attack through the whole 3 games (in contrast, KKK/TBH usually "take a rest" in the 2nd game); LD, he knows he will be the one who is faster in any 3rd game. So physical training helps mentality too.

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Nonono, I do hope Rexy could coach in China in the future!

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, start with BAM first. We need professional administrators not politicians and their lackeys. Get the administration and management thingy right and we will have a foundation which is solid to work from.
    Then we need a strong head coach. Someone like LYB, who will take no nonsense nor any prisoners. The head coach decides who train under who, and not the other way around. Stop the breast feeding and the pampering, and we will have a competitive environment.

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I wonder how many "LYB" could we get in the world this time around :rolleyes:

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

practice does matter... and the time put towards it as well...

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I said someone like LYB ;) No wonder Msia are in the pits with so many clueless around.

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Then tell us who is the candidates for "someone" like LYB

9. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

yes, who are the candidates?
    its something like this :
    A: where can i buy a 100gb hard disk in Kuala lumpur?
    B: you can buy a 100gb hard disk at a shop

thats what you are doing, you are giving the solution alright but ya you know..
    furthermore, the azlina minister woman or sth already requested all politicians to step down from their positions in sporting organizations.

edit:
    btw, i think samuel882 made sense here:
    "I wonder how many "LYB" could we get in the world this time around :rolleyes:"
    he was not talking about LYB himself but "LYB" which means someone like LYB which pemuda went on to say after that... i dont know if i make sense but reread it if you dont get it

#49 llpjlau, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Sure!
    In my opinion, if we wanna go for a local, Tan Yee Khan.
    Other than Yee Khan, Park Joo Bong or Morten Frost.
    These 3 are no nonsense in their approach.

Since, we are on the subject, tell me what do you think are the cure for Malaysian badminton?

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You need to know the difference between "asking to step down" and making it mandatory that all politicians are prohibited to hold positions in sporting associations.

And since we are on the subject, mind to share to us your thoughts on the cure for our badminton?:confused:

12. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

and didnt politicians step down?

i dont think there is a definite 'cure' for malaysian badminton. we arent doing that bad as well.
    for example, always coming in second is still... coming in second or in other words, not coming first. i guess we focus too much on not coming first instead of coming in second.
    sometimes its just talent and skill. malaysia might not have the resources (labour) to satisfy it's ambitions. china has over 1 billion people to 'choose' from which gives them a wide wide wide range of choices. if there is only 1 phone (lets say... nokia6610) available on the market, then you have to go for that if u want a phone. but if there are 3 phones (nokia6610, k700 and v3) then you have a choice between them - thus u can choose the best or the one that suits ur needs.

and at times its infrastructure. do we have enough academies at schoolboy level? i have no idea whatsoever. perhaps we do, perhaps we dont.

what about mentality? of course, malaysia as a whole does not work as a single unit. there are vasts differences in people's mentalities. for example, Pemuda is critical of malaysian badminton. ants is somewhat neutral and logical. while others are true fans, always supporting the cohort. do our players have the right mentality? perhaps. they do have passion for the game (if not they wouldn't be playing professionaly would they). they do have ambition and rather strong determination. all in all, its a learning process. TBH cracked, too bad. i believe he would take the experience and build on it.

you have to admit that there is some truth in the "truth" behind the racket head of malaysian players. i dont agree with political interference in sporting bodies or events. whether or not that affects the players is another debate.

my personal suggestion changes from time to time, clearly to suit different situations and issues.

going back to the initial topic of this thread, i think Rexy canceling the one-week holiday does help the players in one way or another.
    i love trainings. i think any extra training would do more good than harm. i know i can get better with more trainings.

i guess its rather difficult for badminton. lets take a look at football (soccer), a new manager of a team would bring in players who fits his playing mentality. if he loves to play an anchorman in midfield, he would get a player like claude makalele to fit his stereotype of a good anchorman. if he wants a fast striker who would come deep to get the ball he would be interested in securing the services of theirry henry.
    in baddie, its so different. we can't just buy/sell players as we see fit. if LYB loves to exert his dominance over his players, then they have to submit or risk being dropped. in malaysia there isnt such freedom, if you may. lets say you drop LCW, who is going to take the no1 MS position? you best chance would be to keep LCW there.

edit:
    you would also have to see if those coaches would come to malaysia and take up the position. morten frost is unlikely to, park dont think so and the other local, never heard of him. we dont produce too many talented coaches locally.

#52 llpjlau, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  13. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Why why are the juniors not given the exposure ? YOU CAN'T HOLD BACK THE PLAYERS !!!! Time to scrape the projected plans and start grooming the juniors ASAP. Didn't Rexy gave the junior XD players the chance to gain some major tournament experience ???? STOP WASTING TIME AND MONEY ON DEAD MEAT :mad:

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Nope, the politicians are still there, sticking to the sports association like super glue.
    Having a guy like Zakaria Deros in the Selangor Badminton Association pretty much tells you the fate of Msian badminton.

The population thingy is rather subjective. If sports domination is down to population size, then China would have won the football world cup a few times over by now. Denmark has a relative small population and yet they have produced world class badminton players and have beaten Msia in a few Thomas Cup series.

Football for example, we were at par with S Korea in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, but look what happened to them and us? We used to whip Japan back in the old days, look at Japan now. What happened? Population in Japan/Korea more than Msia? Fyi, Trinidad & Tobago made it to the WC 2006 and the population of T&T is around 1.5 million!

It is the same in badminton, we continue to stick with the prima donnas and as long as we dont have the guts to drop them, we will get poor results. Our juniors will be deprieved of gaining the experience and thus the usual argument of no talent pool etc etc.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

By the way, Morten Frost coached Malaysia back in the 90s. But he left because he got fed up with the meddling officials and etc.

Tan Yee Khan is a legend, fyi.

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i'm pretty sure i said more than just population.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Population is the key to you. :rolleyes:

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader

I am not sure about his coaching results.. But from wat we have seen so far, a legend in his players carriers does not means he will be a great coach:rolleyes:

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, like I said in Msian badminton. There are too many politicians and their lackeys in BAM. As such, you will have favourtism. Yee Khan was never given a chance and I doubt the man want to get his hands dirty as well.

I guess an indisciplined and rebel of a player in his playing days like Misbun is a good coach then, eh? :rolleyes:

20. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Why look far when you have one in your payroll. REXY, no nonsense with the players, disciplinary guy and not afraid to rock the boat.
    • AG 2007 - told his players he had enough , will take his coaching somewhere else where it will be appreciated
    • Dismantle the pairs and took the challenge into forming new combinations regardless the points that might affect the seedings
    • Who was the one that demanded to give the junior XD the exposure
    • Face the truth with his players and discipline them when needed
    • Respect by his peers and also the players
    • Great motivator, ask LCW
    • Voice his opinion instead of hiding behind BAM - ask the press
    • He is a champion himself, knows exactly what and how to become one
    Enough said, give the man the resources and leave him alone for 2-3 years and you will see him giving China a run.