Help me find peace

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by Dorythefish, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Dorythefish

Dorythefish Regular Member

Student
    i was playing and my friend asked me if i could lend one of mine. I have the yonex nanospeed 9900 and a jorex power energy 911 and i was stupid enought to lend him the yonex one. He was playing and accidentally hit the frame at 3 oclock against the pole holding up the nets. So then it has a crack in it!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying: This racquet is really special because my mom bought it for me. my coach says he's going to talk to the person that might be able to fix it by using something that's like glue and go over it and over it. He says its not going to be noticeable but im scared if my mom finds out. My friend that broke it says if that person can't fix it he'll buy me a new one. but still..... i connected with it and i rarely even played with it . I ONLY HAD IT FOR LESS THAN A YEAR!!! plz help me. i think my tension was around 20 pounds bg65. Do you think there's hope???:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Pics?

If you're a beginner, using low tension, don't hit too hard, your racket may last a little while longer.

However, if there is a crack in it, eventually it will extend when you hit harder, string tighter, etc.

Just get your friend to buy you a new one and you'll feel better,
    and your mom will never need to know the gory details... :)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    get him buy you a new one. a racket with a crack is already weakened and will likely crack the next time you try to string it.

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yup.. u should get him to buy a new one for you as it is him who broke your racket.

5. Dorythefish

Student
    I've been playing for around 2 years now i was thinking it was a good idea to get him to buy me a new one but then its like i already connected to it its not going to be the same one. but i know i'll get used to it..

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Get the new racquet. Tell your mum the truth. It's better she hears it from you than she finds out some other way.

Tell her you've also learnt your lesson and also that you've realised now how much more the original racquet meant to you. She is your mum after all; I think she will understand. :) She might chew you out, but then, you probably deserve it! ;):D

7. Dorythefish

Student
    i was thinking about it all night to just get it over with because i was going insane about how stupid i was to lend him that raquet. Its not easy saying no.........

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Everything has a value. Your friends have a value for you. Your mother's gifts have a value for you. You just need to respect all of it and not de-value something because you need to be seen as nice or cool. Your friend will still remain your friend and may even respect you more for your decision to not give him that racquet, in future. I learnt that lesson too, the hard way! :eek::crying::)

9. Dorythefish

Student
    which is why i think im stupid. he feels bad to. so should i say that i was stupid to lend my friend the raquet. she's going to freak out at me or say too bad.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think you should tell her the truth in any case. As I said earlier, it's better she hears it from you than she finds out some other way. You can tell her how you feel, and also how afraid you were, and the lesson you've learnt, and how sorry you are...

Get your friend to replace the racquet. Your mum will be glad that you took the effort to get it replaced.

11. Dorythefish

Student
    so fixing the crack isn't a good idea. its not that deep but i heard people that they just never used their racquets.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You could do that if you wanted to, and wanted to keep the racquet. But it is in all likelihood, just a temporary solution. As other forumers have pointed out, that's a weak spot and your racquet will break sooner or later with stress, play etc.

13. Dorythefish

Student
    thnx this helped me a lot

14. visor

visor Regular Member

I don't see the problem.

Your nice friend is willing to get you a replacement.
    So get it!

Your mom does not need to know. You're big enough to handle your affairs. If later on she finds out, then you let her know that you didn't want to bother her with this little issue, since it is so easily resolved btw you and your friend.

15. Dorythefish

Student
    i just did and she said in a mad wth voice ure nice to lend your over 300 dollar racquet to a friend and then she's like y did u do it and i was like i don't know i just don't know how to say no. then she hung up

16. what07

what07 Regular Member

Oh oh we got a problem here. Would have been better if you didn't do it over the phone. Best for you to tank it out now instead of saying anything to her.

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Ok NOW we got a problem.

Just tell her it was an accident. Accidents happen.
    Tell her it'll be fully replaced by your nice friend.
    Don't get emotionally attached to your old racket.
    Then let her cool off.

If she still doesn't understand, then ... well, then I feel for ya.

18. Dorythefish

Student
    well she's like ure friend knows that in canada it costs over 300$ plus tax for the same racquet and im said yes and when she came back home she still hasn't said anything to me......:confused::confused:

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, you know the ball's in your court. You got to go with your friend and get the new racquet. Get that done fast, show her the new racquet (and the old one as well, if possible) and learn to say "No" the next time around. You got to show her that she can trust you to do the right thing.

20. Dorythefish

Student
    I'm going to on Monday which is when I'm going and hoping to see my friend. Later today, I did some researching and the only sporting goods store I can find is called "Impulse Sports" in Richmond. Including tax and stringing its around $303.99. Right now, I can't sleep because of this; I just keep on thinking of how idiotic of me for doing that. I should of known better. You could say that I said "Yes" so I wouldn't get looks or hard feelings and now its worse than that. :( But this is part of life experience isn't it....