Wang Xin ( 汪鑫 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Jul 5, 2009.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Like lin dan, skill is there. A matter of how hungry she is. ;)

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

[​IMG]

The cover of a Chinese badminton magazine. The lowest bottom line in yellow says - Wang Xin: I will step anew in the arena

(Is that confirmation that Wang Xin will be back? Btw, I took the picture file from an article dated 1st Aug 2013 which is all about Lin Dan)

3. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

waiting for wang xin in action......

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    By any chance you would be able to read the magazine?? Its really good to see her back in action. If the article inside is posted, it will be fruitful to everybody. I think i have seen her in commentator's chair in some of the matches of world championships.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No, I don't have the magazine. But I saw her name registered to play in the China Masters SS next month and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Yes, during the WC, Wang Xin was one of the invited guest commentators for some of the matches, one of which I know of was the Chen Long - Sho Sasaki R2 match. Interestingly, the main commentator, Hong Gang, used the occasion to praise Carolina Marin as a very promising player and expressing surprise she was from Spain; he also talked about Russia as an emerging badminton nation to look out for. Both of them began by speaking highly of Sasaki as a phenomenon for suddenly rising at a late age of 28/29; Hong Gang even joked that apart from XXF, probably Sasaki understands Lin Dan the best for having beaten him once and pushing him very hard in a few others so much so that Lin Dan takes him very seriously every time.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    - My local TV commentator also praise Marin.
    - Sasaki vs LD in London Olympics was very good.

Btw, I just found an interview of WX and WSX.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI0MzU0NTQw.html

7. EvenBetter

EvenBetter Regular Member

Good to see she back in action again.
    First tournament after comeback may not be as good as many people want to see but at least she have won a match. Continue what you are doing and Keep it up!

8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    what is her agenda after this ?

9. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

Read somewhere and noted that wang xin had decided to retire from active badminton too.. 2 wangs are gone.. leavin another 2 wangs..

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if that's true, it will be a sad day. Wang Xin is one of the most exciting WS player to watch when she is in form and not injured. :(

11. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I think Wang Xin has been THE most exciting WS player to watch in recent years. What a pity she has to leave that early. I miss her smile. :(

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131205/016799.htm Yup, this time it's 28-year-old Wang Xin's turn to announce her retirement.

This is what she wrote yesterday(5th Dc'13) on her weibo(microblog):" Putting down the racquet, about to embark on a new journey in life, my gratitude to this big family for their warmheartedness, grateful to my coaches for all their assistance. Thank you all who accompanied me in my strivings. Thanks for all your blessings, also want to thank myself for my earnest effort.... Into the future with a grateful heart, keep moving forward, believe tomorrow will be better!"

Wang Xin may be more unlucky than Wang Lin. In the 2010 World Championships, she lost the final to Wang Lin; the same year she went down to Wang Shixian at the Asian Games to take silver, and at the 2011 World Championships she was denied by Wang Yihan a place in the final. Then at the 2012 London Olympic Games, she was beaten by Li Xuerui in the semifinal and followed by that fateful bronze medal play-off with Saina Nehwal, she sustained an injury mid-way forcing her to concede the match,and the rest is history.

The reporter suspects that Wang Xin and Wang Lin probably discussed with each other their decisions to hang up the racquet for good before making their respective announcements on tengxun weibo(microblog) as they are like sisters who ever went shopping together.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Personally, I feel very sad, too, though not too surprised by it seeing her comeback trail hasn't been plain sailing but an uphill struggle. It's never easy for a China player especially considering her age, what with a younger crop of teammates to contend with, such as Sun Yu, Yao Xue, He Bingjiao, Suo Di, Deng Xuan, and, to make it worse, made more daunting by Wang Shixian's magnificent revival and, to a lesser extent, Liu Xin's comeback.

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    It's a delight to watch her smooth footwork and killer overhead shots

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    let's rewatch some of her matches. here is Wang Xin running Li Xuerui to the ground in the 2011 French Open. Li Xuerui as we know now, skyrocketed in form and eventually took Wang Shixian's spot in the Olympics.

[video=youtube;0UsQrRfvz9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UsQrRfvz9k[/video]

16. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    With all the WS players, I like her the best. I have been quietly and patiently awaiting for her return. I love her style of play. I WANT TO CRY:crying::crying::crying:

17. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Please, anyone, tell me it is not true.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, Wang Xin's beautiful,fluid,somewhat mannish attacking style of play is such a delight to watch, mesmerizing and captivating. On court she looks, in the way she plays badminton, drop-dead gorgeous, if I may use such a description.

What a shame that two such excellent WS players, Wang Xin and Wang Lin, had to end their distinguished careers due to injuries. That's life; reality is often cruel and harsh,very few are spared.

Come to think of it, Wang Xin's badminton career lasted only a little more than three years. At age 17, she was incapacitated from playing badminton when she developed a bone protrusion at the coccyx which caused her lower back problem that would aggravate her condition if she carried on. Then after medical treatment and recuperation that prevented her from taking up competitive badminton for several years, she managed to get herself inducted into the CHN national team at a mature age of 24.

Now at age 28 and one year after another unfortunate severe knee injury suffered at the 2012 London Olympics, she is retired; thus ending a short but brilliant yet tragic career,and in addition,dashing the hopes of many an ardent fan who were excited by her comeback attempt in the last couple of months.

What next for Wang Xin? She gave no hints - it remains for us to simply wish her happiness and success in her future endeavours.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Wang Xin, for the wonderful and memorable badminton you have given us. You shall be sorely missed and remembered for a long,long time.

#358 Justin L, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
    does Deng Xuan remind you of Wang Xin, playing style appearance and even the shriek.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nope, I don't think so, she doesn't attack like Wang Xin, not as aggressive and more like a stroke player. Some resemblance in looks, maybe. Still, it'll be great if she can transform into another Wang Xin over time; not impossible at 22 years of age, born 20 Jan 1992 in Guangzhou.