Junior badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by avidshuttler, Jun 6, 2007.

1. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Yeah yeah...do agree too...sometimes the parents really do this...agree !!!

2. blessing

blessing Regular Member

I AM AGREE too...!!! one of my juniors.. she too took on my another Junior[3 of us under the same coach] during MSSD final.. Junior A had already took 15-9 led but when she made one mistake.. her mum will sigh n 'aiyoh' non stop.. or even shouted.. "ah girl ar.. zuan xin yi dian... bu yao wan..."[pay more attention.. dun play play].. lolz..

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Haha once in a tournament I upset a player in a match that everyone thought I'll lose. That girl ah.. wah after that didn't want to talk to me.. I mean, we were pretty friendly before that match.. but after...:rolleyes:

Honestly, I rarely see true sportsmanship in the tournaments I've joined. What about the rest of you?

Well, at least there are supportive parents out there. Hahaha I keep quiet about tournaments until the super last minute. When they leave me home alone for a few days or something lagi I take advantage.. play games as much as I want. :D

4. avidshuttler

avidshuttler Regular Member

student
    true sportmanship

i think i need more info on the meaning of true sportmanship and vice versa..

List of examples of true sportmanship (in black), common examples of kiasu excuses (in red):-

1) Admitting to your opponent that he is better than u after you have lost
    2) You are just lucky.. i didnt sleep well...I will beat you the next time we meet again!
    3)

Anyone care to help out here?....Joanne? ZhiWeiZ? Blessing?

5. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

The 2nd reason was pure childishness and does not reflect any maturity in the player. Unless of course that was said in jest.

There are so many excuses that I have heard in my lifetime... especially from GUYS. Think guys' ego can't take losing to a girl. Hahaha. No offence to guys here though, think most of you show sportsmanship. :D

Gotta study for trial now though, will think over it and list it down later.

6. blessing

blessing Regular Member

3) U'hv been improving a lot.. [can be either in a teasing way or praising way.. sometimes ppl praise with an unsincere heart]
    4) i over-trained myself.. muscle pain.. shoulder injury.. bla bla bla injury.. [this hapened to one of my teammates after losing out in the first round.. so much injuries go hospital la.. lame excuses...!]

#126 blessing, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  7. avidshuttler

student
    Yep... i totally agree. The most common excuse i ve heard is injury. Totally not the right time to mention it as a 'reason" right after a loss to an opponent.... so unsporting....

How about these:-

5) I wish I hv your speed (as fast as u) in the court....
    6) Refused to shake hands after losing / throw the racket in tantrum

8. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    But sometimes u know the excuses could be real like muscle injuries, who knows if he really got it in the middle of the game and he keep holding it back and continue the match...well just admit that losing isnt anything much, but learn from ur lost.....
    sometimes i will admire or the urge for tat kind of speed, i dunno why but somehow i was pursuing for speed all the while !!!
    WHy??

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

I know what you mean about the injury part, but when you use it as an explanation for your loss, isn't that a rather poor show of sportsmanship? I mean, it's exactly like telling your opponent, "Hey, I can beat you any day anytime, except that I'm injured today," in an indirect manner of course. If you're gonna use your injury as an excuse, just don't play at all, why injure yourself further?

10. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Yeah !!! I agree, the best is when lose, just say ,"ur good and good match!!"

11. blessing

blessing Regular Member

hahaha... for me.. if i lost to a better opponent whose standard is much higher den me.. perhaps i'll make frens with them.. coz.. can steal their 'secret recepies'.. lolz.. evil ler... :D:D:D

12. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Eh !!!Evil la...but its ok kan..sharing is caring...after all..its badminton!!!
    Hmm btw, blessing u seemed to be a good player to me???
    Are u a state player??:confused:

13. blessing

blessing Regular Member

hahaha... dun judge the book by its cover.. jux an ordinary player..

14. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

So who's sitting for SPM this year?

Me... :( Zhi Wei... anyone else?

My exam ends 3rd December(Bible Knowledge).. so Zhi Wei, you'll have to wait 2 more days before I can join you in Megah. Although I will probably be playing that weekend already.. seeing so many other friends 'merdeka' by then. Hehehe.

Well, I'm not really that sad. Been waiting to sit for SPM for years now.. for me it's a turning point of my life.. you know, once I'm done with it, I have the freedom to decide what to do with my life, no longer stuck in that exam exam exam life. Unless of course I enter form 6.. but even that will be different. :)

First plan after SPM: BADMINTON. 1/2 times a week is barely working out my excess energy. :rolleyes:

15. avidshuttler

student
    With u guys telling about SPM..... it makes me shivers:eek:

Lucky thing i'll not be taking SPM so soon.... still have time to concentrate on badminton

16. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Trust me, time flies. ;) SPM used to seem to be this really far away thing.. now it's slightly over 1 month. :(

But hey, Dec. 3 will come soon enough, if time really flies, and I'll be freeeeeeee for a few months. :p Unless I choose to enter form 6, I'll probably have a lot more time for badminton. Even form 6 won't be as stressful.. compared to taking 12 subjects in SPM anyway. :cool:

17. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Hmm avidd...wanna join us till then??? WIll ya??? Joanne is it ok?? I will call my other bunch of frens, most likely we will have 2 rent 2 courts....hehe...

18. blessing

blessing Regular Member

ME!!!!!!!! tough life arhz.. less than a month... sigh sigh sigh.. but after spm.. muahaha.. 1st plan.. HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!! go trips with frens.. den.. back to court for training.. muahaha.. hope that Super Series Final will be in Malaysia.. but its impossible lahz.. WC is already in MAS.. sigh.. hancur mimpi aku..

19. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    OO...lol blessing...what sch are u in??? After SPM i planned to take these few months holiday to power up myself....hunt titles XD
    thats what im aiming for...

20. blessing

blessing Regular Member

oic.. gambatte for u than.. nx yr 18.. still can take part in local circuit tournament.. wat tournament do u play usually?