Yonex Carbonex 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Aug 31, 2009.

1. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Sure no worries and you can have a go at all my racquets and write the reviews for them here ;). I am not too big on writing reviews or an expert. Let me know what is your cuisine preference. We can meet up and have a drink also.

2. aramistuscany

I managed to get them strung today with BG75 Ti (0.70mm) 2UG5, BG66 Sharp (0.68mm) 3UG5. String pattern is similar to Cab30 MS. They were strung by Mr. Soh from Classic Sports with his Pacific desktop electric stringing machine at 26/27 lbs.

Have a morning session tomorrow and will be bringing a few racquets to compare. The 3UG5 feels close to my Sotx Power Boss Woven 16 whereas the 2UG5 feels close to the Cab30 MS. See how they play out tomorrow.

Attached Files:

#62 aramistuscany, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  3. riccyn90

riccyn90 Regular Member

Communication Consultant
    Hi Ararmistuscany,

Please let us all know the results of the Cab35. My friend is interested in getting one, he is more offensive/attacking, whilst I am more defensive and when I have the chance, smash. I use a Cab21 Special 2U and NS9000S 3U.

BTW, how did you get the YY printed onto the guts? Shops in JB don't have the template or the know how.:D

4. aramistuscany

SP version of Cab 35. 'Blance' is still there. I informed Sunrise's staff about Yonex's return policy.. just in case some customers who bought from them and coming back later for an exchange. 'Elastic Ti' instead of 'GUMMETAL'.

Attached Files:

5. Ti10Purple

Ti10Purple Regular Member

Hi Ahaaee and Aramistuscany or anyone ,

Have you guys tested the racket ? any reviews ? Thanks .

6. wongccw

wongccw Regular Member

anyone at uk get the racket yet?

7. ahaaee

ahaaee Regular Member

I bought it from shuttle-house online on a Wednesday morning and it arrived the following Monday morning. I think that's the only way to get it here unless you go abroad.

8. ahaaee

ahaaee Regular Member

I don't think I'm qualified to give you guys a full detailed report. But I'll try to give a brief idea of how it feels in my hand. Before I bought the cab35, I have 2 cab20 and 1 nanospeed 9900. Power wise the ns9900 is absolutely amazing (including smashing) and simply smash happy, but may be due to its shop strung BG65Ti I always felt the control is not as good as the cab20. The cab35 power wise is very similar to the ns9900 but the smashing power seems to a be just a little bit less than the ns9900. But the control is superb. Speed wise the cab35 is very similar the old cab20s but ns9900 is definitely faster with the right griping technique. So in my view, it's definitely a worthy racquet but whether the price is justifiable will be down to individual's own taste. I've only used the cab35 for about 1 hour and I do think adjusting between ns9900 and cab frames are not that easy. Although ns9900 is cheaper than cab35 in Japan, it's about the same price once it's shipped to UK. I do feel the ns9900 will give you some marginal advantages but cab35 to me is simply irresistible.

9. Ti10Purple

Thanks for your reviews on Cab 35 .

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I just got a 3UG4 Cab35 from Shuttle House y'day. The cone code is 220692JP and they spelled "Even Balance" correctly.

11. aramistuscany

That's odd! My misspelled 3UG5 cone code 300692JP is manufactured later than yours. The 2UG5 is even later at 240792JP. All the misspelled racquets must be from a certain batch only.

Anyway Yonex wrote back to me to say that they will figure out a way to replace my mispelled racquets. Wonder how are they going to do that. Exchange correctly spelled SP for my JPs or send JPs replacement? My racquets are already strung and I already had 3 sessions with them.. Wait and see.

12. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

No one volunteer to write a review? :D

It's still a mysterious racquet to me.

Miyuki Maeda (CARBONEX 35) uses it, according to Yonex website manage to make it to Japan Open finals.

From the looks of it, very good in defence as she keep repulsing Ma Jin/Wang Xiao Li's attack for almost 1 hour.

By the way, is the shaft as thick as Carbonex 30's MS humongous heavy shaft?

13. Ti10Purple

Puzzle me too :confused: So far only Ahaaee did give a review .

14. aramistuscany

My views on the racquets.. strung with Pacific desktop electric stringing machine.

2UG5 BG75Ti 27 lbs, 1 piece stringing
    3UG5 BG66 Sharp 27 lbs, 1 piece stringing

Test shuttles: Yonex AS50

The racquets were switched interchangeably with the Cab30MS (BG66) as that is the only other Cab I have.

I had no problems easing into the racquets with relative ease especially the 3U. Initially, the niggling problem for me was like one in every couple of strokes I tend to hit the shuttle too near the frame and the result becomes apparent.. weak shot. However, as I began to have a better feel of the racquet this became less frequent. The racquet rewards you with the power and accuracy when your shots are more consistent. I felt more confident with it.. and the familiar feel and power of the Cab30MS starts to kick-in with the Cab35. The drives and smashes were sharp and crisp. The power is more apparent in the 2U and it felt like there is an extra notch/gear that I haven't been able to utilise yet.. that the smashes could be even more potent. That was the picture that came to my mind when doing the smashes.

Clears and lifts were excellent for all the three racquets but the 3U stands out just a tad for me. I find it is more wieldy and my reaction to quick shots and short drives were better and able to respond faster.. racquet head was there sooner to meet the shuttle. I feel the 3U Cab35 is slightly head lighter than the Cab30MS but the 2U definitely heavier than both. The weight is apparent even before you hit the shuttle and doing warm-up swings.

Drop shots and deft touches were very good with the 3U but the 2U suffered in that department for me. The 3U works very well for me and I was able to place the shuttle where it was intended and also better able to control it. As for the 2U its either too high (opponent pounce quick return) or too low (into the net). I feel I need more time.. maybe a lot more sessions to be really be more in-tune with the heavier 2U.

I feel more confident with the 3U for all-round play and the power I could generate with it is excellent. The Cab30MS gave me the same level of confidence but the 3U Cab35 goes up a notch for me and in my case definitely an improvement. The 2U Cab35 has the potential to generate even more power but for now I will be more comfortable stationing at the baseline smashing and hitting long drives with it.

I don't forsee any major issues for the Cab30MS users in getting to the rhythm with the Cab35. I would recommend the Cab35 to all the Cab enthusiasts and even to those who are intending to acquire their first Cab. It is a very rewarding racquet and performs like a ballerina and everything falls into place when your consistency is up there.

My experience in comparison with:

NS9900
    2UG4 JP (30 lbs) and 3UG4 SP (24 lbs), both strung with NBG98, 1 piece-stringing.

NS9900 much more head light but speed is faster. Longer handle and overall length but shorter shaft length than the Cab35. Definitely less powerful and more stiff than the Cab35. Cab35 is also whippier.

Arc Z-Slash 3UG5 SP
    Only had 2 sessions with it so far. Strung with CBG100 at 27 lbs, 1 piece-stringing.

Same handle length but longer shaft and overall length. I had the initial problem similar to the Cab35 due to its slightly more oval/less isometric shape and reduced racquet head size. Racquet head is narrower than the Cab35 but whippier and more flexible. I am generating more power for the Arc-Z Slash compared with the first session but I am still getting the hang of the racquet and a lot of findings are inconclusive. As for now the Cab35 feels more powerful to me.

#74 aramistuscany, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  15. aramistuscany

All racquets in post #74 are overgripped with Karakal PU Supergrip.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its ok to get a "Blance" spelled Cab35. Even the pros are using the Blance spelled racket. If i were you guys.. i would just keep it. Unless if you are planing to sell it and your friends might complain about the spelling. I did check out some shops which sells Cabs 35 and they are still selling those with the mispelled rackets.

17. aramistuscany

Yes, I am planning to keep them.

I just got a second reply from Yonex that I could exchange them with Sunrise Singapore giving me a contact no. and email address. It will likely be SP replacements although I haven't contacted Sunrise yet. I just want to see what their suggestion is since they make that replacement annoucement and what would their suggestion be since I bought them from Japan.

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Good luck in your exchange with Sunrise Singapore. :) If ever it will be an SP replacement. But i doubt Sunrise would want replace it. Then no point getting a JP. Just buy an SP.

19. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    There were a few Cab35 in the shop and they showed me 3 racquets and if I remembered correctly, all had the correct spelling.

They have Cab13, Cab23 and Cab30MS, these are all not available in many places. They have the latest TC400 also, quite nice as it is mostly white in color.

20. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Thanks for the review aramistuscany. :D
    Kudos for comparing 3 racquets in 1 review combo.

Seems like an easier racquet to adapt than the new Z-Slash.