Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

You can watch him on astro 812 sometimes in CBL matches involving Guangzhou.

His recent form shows tremendous potential and talent, just needs to tighten his game

and remain focused .

2. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

he has the potential and ability
    he only need to gain more experience to be at the same level at LD :)

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    after 14 month this thread started
    wzm get ko-ed by a uncle from korea today,with 21-9,21-9 in 2nd and 3rd set eh?

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

But he did beat Arif, Sato, BoonsaK to reach this stage, and took one set fr uncle HI leh... Not bad...

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    does this is the standard we judge if he will be the next super king(ala lin dan)?

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This guy can play doubles though. Wonder whether he thought of switching to MD or not. Saw his performance in MD during the china league. Very fast and strong though. His tall height will certainly be useful in front of the net though.
    Unfortunately he lost to Lee hyun il of korea just now in 3 sets. I wonder what happened. 3rd set running out of gas?

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

His stamina is the problem. Once he fixes that he will be insane for sure, awesome player. LHI is no pushover, hes better than Psh atm for sure. He has always been one of the best with his consistency and smoothness. He has one of the best fitness and footwork.

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    WZM beat LHI last year 21-17,21-18 last year when they first met. Then WZM took the 1st game 21-6 when they met 2nd time. Then after that, LHI took over the control.

It's so strange why a young rising star becoming worse then an aging veteran becoming better.

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Players can have bad days and good days. It may just be LHI hade a bad day last year & had a good day this year & Vice versa for WZM.

Having said that a plyer of WZM age should be on the rise in level of play so over the past year should have "protected" himself from this effect by his average standard increasing.

I Personally still don't think he is anything special however.

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Some of the points in this thread is incredible and I don't find the logic.

On LD vs LCW, still remember who's the winner at AG and Korean PSS? just how many months ago? just because of losing in AE finals, LD was being described to be over his prime and being written off. What kind of logic is this? Could we say LCW was many times off his prime when he lost in OG08, AG10,... many many times if following this logic???

On WZM, he's now just number what in CHN team? Maybe 5 or 6. Don't compare him with the top guys like LD, LCW.. How about compare with no.3 or even no.2 players of MAS, KOR, DEN and others? I cannot find many of them could beat WZM constant as of now..

WZM is young, lack of experience and stamina maybe, and is living under the shadow of the like of LD, BCL, CJ, CL in his own team. Give him some more time.. Look at CL, compare with last year, he now could beat more top 10 players (of course except LD & LCW) more consistently. WZM could follow the same right track of improvement given the CHN team's way of nurturing youngsters. Mark my word.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

2cents, I just noticed, you were the one who started the thread. Why so fast losing faith in your WZM?

Personally, I consider the young Tian Hou Wei as more promising than WZM. WZM.....,perhaps the next BCL or CJ, not next super king as in next LD

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The point of the thread is to compare him against the top players & against his Predecessors. Right now though they aren't his predecessors, that is the point.

To be the best in the world, firstly you have to be the best in your country and as you point at he is Number 6 currently, so he is a long way off.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To be the best in the world, firstly you have to be the best in your country

I think we shouldn't think that WZM has no potential; Let's reread what we have posted here in another one or two years' time. :):):)

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I didn't say he has no potential. Everyone has potential. But currently I tihnk it is unlikely he will go to the OG2012 and by OG2016 he will be 26. There are WC every year but he has to qualify for them first.

From what I saw of him in the AE 2011 he has pretty good shots and penetrative attack, but he has clumsy footwork and lacks concentration. Of those traits footwork can be improved quite easily, but concentration is difficult to improve. From comparing him to LD, CH even BCL or CJ at his age they were certainly much better allround players

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    does lin dan get compared with hafiz when he rising in early 2000?

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

When I first saw this guy, WZM, I thought he's the next big thing, after LD. But I'm kind of disappointed about his performance lately.

I've already believed that the most telented players are naturally born that way. Made by the God. Not made by coach or any human beings. Like ZJH and LD, they were natural born champions even giving up badminton for several years.

Even though at the same age, Yang Yang played international tournaments earlier than ZJH. Same thing applied to BCL who played international tournaments earlier than LD. But both ZJH and LD made themselves the best in their debut year.

Natural born champions never waste any time to reach the top. Natural born champions never need to adapt the internation tournaments. Instead, the whole world badminton players and tournaments have to change to accomodate the arrival of the new king! Each championship or tournament has to reserve its title for the new king, and the world ranking system has to reserve the first spot for the new king.

I'm afraid that I was wrong when I created this thread. WZM looks not like "the One". Exactly like in the movie "the Matrix", WZM just cannot prove he's "the One" who can rewrite the badminton. WZM, at most, is just another Morpheus or Trinity.

17. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

LD reached world best player (ranked world number 1) in his fist year when he turned pro in 2001. Hafiz had nothing until his only title at 2003 All England. History never provides any chance to compare LD with Hafiz at any time, including 2000.

In 2000, BCL was the champion at world junior championship. LD lost to BCL in the semi. LD was the best bet for the title though. In 2001, BCL beat LD in the final of Denmark open, which marked the new era for the LD-BCL rivalry. Unfortunately BCL has not met the expectations. Hafiz, older than LD, has never been a candidate for the best yet, so far.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thats what i feel weird about post 210
    he was saying about comparing wzm to mas,ina or korea 2nd/3rd ms
    if he were to be the next super king,he should compare with the top player
    if he cant be compared with the top player,thats mean he wont be one of the top too
    same goes to chen long,after beaten lcw,ld,peter and th in one year,he still yet to find his path to be the top

19. tirama

tirama Regular Member

WZM is a good player . I saw his match in SCG Thailand Open 2011 but he lost to lee hyun :(

20. volcom

volcom Regular Member

WZM comes back well in SGO by beating TH in 3 sets.
    While the slow mechanical CJ clone AKA Chen Long loses to a fresher Lee Hyun Il in 3 sets. :/