How can u mend a broken heart?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by amfslash, Jan 13, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This thread title reminds me of the hit song performed by BEE GEES

:D:D:D No, never sarcasm from me.

Actually this thread title reminds me of the hit song performed by BEE GEES. :):):)

2. amfslash

amfslash Regular Member

:D:D:D:D It is!!!!!!!

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

hmm
    Your ns9900 must be one of the weaker versions mine is also 3UG3
    So far it has survived about 7 clashes, 3 of which, left chips.
    1. Clashed with amatuer, using steel racket, left two chips one at 3 oclock postition and one very small at 11 o'clock, the amateur was a bit over enthusiastic
    2. Clash with regular partner leaving rather large chip at 2 o'clock position
    3. Don't know what they were playing at, was doing a half court warm up before team event competition. I was warming up with my friend and had just played a clear, I had my racket at about waist height, with a loose forehand grip, when the person sharing the court with me attempted to play a forehand drive with racket at about 90 degree angle ( I am left handed they are right handed) and swung they're racket smacking mine out of my hand. Flying towards the net. I was angry, I think the only reason it didn't crack was due to my loose grip. Chip was caused at 7 o'clock position

4. logicaler

logicaler Regular Member

Student
    Nanospeed rackets are pretty weak. My one broke today

5. cshlin

cshlin New Member

Not to entirely hijack your thread, but I bought an NS9900 online back in November, and within 30 days it had cracked and collapsed on the side (although not as beautifully as yours), after a single clash weakened it and subsequently a backhand frame hit on the shuttle finished it off.

I sent it back to the online retailer (in China) for warranty, and they delayed for 3 months (warranty period?) before telling me that it wasn't replaceable under warranty, but now they are offering to 'fix' it for the equivalent of $15USD.

Which seems a little suspicious to me.. Have I been taken for a ride all along with perhaps a fake racquet / fake returns process / fake repair process? Can carbon fiber really be repaired?

Charles

6. druss

druss Regular Member

Carbon fiber can be repaired to a certain degree but it will never be as strong as the original.

7. cshlin

cshlin New Member