Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I watched the first round match between WSX and Intanon for the second time and I must admit I was absolutely disappointed with her performance that led to her early elimination. Her smashes were as soft as feather and her net-kill is HORRENDOUS, ABSOLUTELY horrendous. An opportunity to kill off the rally with a net-kill, but she taps the shuttle into the net and it's on numerous occasions. Half court lifts by Intanon, she decided to punch clear rather than go for a hard smash.. Why there's no aggression to her game like WYH and WX.

She should look into those areas for improvement as a New Year resolution before it's too late. Zhang Ning, help her please ???

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Let's wait and see how she performs in Korea Open this week.

3. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I think Wang Shixian performs good. Of course she can still develop her smash a lot, but it's also true that everyone has their own style of play, and WSX smash will never be her main strenght. Her strenght is dropshot and movement and consistency. These strenghts take her very far. She had no problem at all with Yoo jun bae and she is now in final.

I like watching WSX. Even though I also find her annoying at times, her qualities in badminton are amazing. I guess I like watching her the most when she gets beaten by Tine Baun or Wang Yihan. :)

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Bae Younjoo played one of the best badminton of her life and she can take a lot from this experience forward. Even Wang Xin and Li Xuerui couldn't find answer to beat the little Korean girl with their attacking strategy, so here's the contrast between both of them and Wang Shixian in terms of tactics. Wang Shixian knows how to take advantage of the situation and players' weakpoints hence she could played deceptively with her dropshots and netplay to win them. If only she develops the same repertoire of attacking shots like Wang Xin or Wang Yihan, she will go extremely far..unfortunately that's her disadvantage which might cost her more unprecedented defeats if she doesn't choose to add that to her strength.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

In BYJ, WSX knew she had an opponent that couldn't hurt her with power so she could play her normal control game. WSX did play very well, utilizing all 4 corners. Most of the time, Bae couldn't guess where WSX was going to hit. And when she got to the shot, Bae was normally late, ceding control of the rally.

Not sure how the match today with JYJ, as with all CHN-CHN ones, will turn out.

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Bet my house on JYJ to win...err..on second thought, maybe I bet my roof on JYJ.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Some many moons ago, I did bet part of my house and luckily it is still there. For this match between CHN and CHN, my advice to you is "don't play play" with roof. The weather is cold.:D

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Thanks for your advice...change to 'bet my 2 ringgit on JYJ winning.

9. george@chongwei

So u owe madbad your house and our roof.. so where you gonna stay now?:eek::D

What a good start of the year indeed for wang shi xian.. having bagging the luxury korea open title..;) CONGRATULATIONS to her:)

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hey Bro, didn't you see he changed his bet at post #388 after taking my advice. This old man still have a roof over his head.

11. george@chongwei

Ahh, i see.. Maybe Li Yong bo call him at the very last minute and inform him? So his roof is safe..

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    An ideal start for this Little Flower in the Year of the Dragon. Nevertheless, she didn't have to face Nehwal, Baun and Schenk en route to the final, so she wasn't fully tested throughout the tournament. Her match against Bae Younjoo was exceptional, it shows that she can use her deceptive shots to gain points from a stroke and defensive player like Bae. Even Wang Xin who played similarly to Lin Dan couldn't find answers to Bae's shot..let's hope she could replicate the same performance in both All England and Malaysia Open before they take a break before the Uber Cup campaign begins

13. george@chongwei

Interesting to see how she's gonna be 'tested' during the upcoming MAS OPEN.

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Georgie Boy, read slowly, I took nokh88 advice, lost 2 ringgits only...:D:p

15. george@chongwei

Answer me. Did Master Li called you?

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Extremely poor performance by Wang Shixian...the way she played today was so bad, not even close to the top 4 player standard.

How can she remediate this...time is running out furthermore Wang Xin totally went easy on her in the second set...Sigh..

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

When you say poor, do you mean unforced errors? Lack of aggression? Or was WX simply better?

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Numerous unforced errors, poor shots, sloppy play ....If I were LYB watching from the stand, I would like WTF is she doing on the court..He was already not a happy man after Chai-Guo got beaten so easily by the unseeded Korean pair and now he has to put up with such a poor performance by his third WS hopeful..

To be honest, Wang Xin went easy on her in the second game, the first was a complete massacre. Wang Xin's attack is as fast as furious as Lin Dan

19. george@chongwei

WX was simply better in that match.. with a slice shot and cross court smash.. WSX tried to come back in the 2nd game... determined in every rally., but the crowd was supporting and cheering on WANG Xin in order for the match to finish fast since next match is lee chong wei vs chen long.. Anyway, i like the determination shown by WSX.

20. george@chongwei

Hardworking in training during CNY:)
    [​IMG]