ABC - A great place to play

Discussion in 'Affinity Badminton Club' started by byang, Nov 8, 2008.

1. byang

byang New Member

Yes, Affinity Badminton Club (ABC), located in San Carlos, is a great place to play badminton. They just opened the club a week or two ago. I have been playing over there since then. Compared to other places around the Bay Area, ABC is definitely the best! I like their courts (floor) and light the most. If you give a trial, you will know how best and how professional the court and light are.

You may get more information from their website at http://affinitybadminton.com

2. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Courts are great. Fortunately for me on a week night only 1 of 7 courts were being used. Nice facility!!!

3. Henry Yu

Henry Yu New Member

Latest facility in Bay Area the best

I agree. The ceiling is high (30') and painted black. The floor is mat on hardwood. The lights are bright but non-obtrusive. This latest facility is now the best in the San Francisco Bay Area.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The place looks nice!!..

...i noticed (from the pics) the type of wooden floor being used..Overall, it looks quite nice!!:):cool:

5. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

I had a chance to play with a fellow i never played with and we decided to check out affinity. I showed up around 730 monday and there was a few people training on the far court and a few people playing on some of the near courts. The gym is very new and there werent many people playing monday. We ended up playing some other people who were there and we all agreed its going to be a great gym. The flooring is comprised of a cork mat base, then the wood laminate you see, and then the victor pvc tournament mats. The flooring i would say on the harder side around 8/10. I'd say sgvbc and other hard wood are 9/10 (10 would be cement). Places like bay badminton, arcadia bc, both ggbc and bintang sunnyvale are all 7/10 range in softness. The lighting is rather impressive although there are darkspots. Lighting is similar to the national lighting ive seen in pictures of the china national team. They are horizontally mounted fluorescent tubes and i think there were 4 sets of them each side of the court. I think that 5 or 6 sets would be more appropriate as i noticed considerable dark areas towards the back of the courts. The lights never did get into our eyes nor was the darker areas hindering playability. Overall 8/10. Gym definitely has a lot of potential, i cant wait to see what kind of clientel they will have in the future. O yes, i forgot to mention the ceiling is indeed 30ish feet. No rafters, nothing! Definitely professional level.

6. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

just wondering, does Affinity deal chao pai rackets?
    and if so, which models?
    Makes it an even better place to play.:D

7. Big SmAsh

Big SmAsh Regular Member

Yes they do have chao pai rackets but i wouldnt be able to name them off for you sry

8. luxinh

luxinh Regular Member

Hi, I am an intermediate to advanced amateur player from Beijing. I will be visiting the Bay area on Dec 2-3, residing in Hilton Garden Inn. Wonder if I can join you maybe for one of the evenings.

9. AndyL

AndyL Regular Member

Affinity having a tournament on Dec 3 - if you play singles you can join the tournament on Dec 3. More information on their website.