Hafiz not in training with coach Misbun

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by winnie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    lets treat hafiz as a special case.exceptioon of sports rule.n move on.

2. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    whole Malaysia oredi gave-up on him
    why even bother to start a thread on him?
    right now, sad to say our single hero is only LCW..
    as for HH, if he want better income, police better...

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    When Mohd Hafiz Hashim won the All-England singles title in 2003, he was rewarded with a car, land, money and a hero’s welcome home. When Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong won the All-England doubles title on March 2007, they were rewarded with only a fraction of what Hafiz got. Not that such rewards are necessarily good. Sadly, Hafiz hasn’t outdone himself since 2003.

5. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

yeah but luckily they are not rewarded the same as what hafiz got...if not kkk and tbh will also have the same fate as him..being a yoyo =X
    They almost going to become yoyo player but luckily they got rexy who will smack them if they going to be like hafiz =D

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thats the problem with Malaysian sports la. We got too many exceptions here and there.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    True.. they didnt even win a car. What Proton did was .. we will lend u the car to use for one year.

8. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    As though they don't have $$$ to buy a car :confused:

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its not a matter if the player don't have money to buy car. Proton should at least give them a car or have option to buy at a discounted rate or something.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Proton learnt their lesson with Hafiz. That's why they don't give out cars now:D

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    should have just given them one. proton cars are not that expensive after all. it is not like you get all england champions every year. :)

12. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

HH should play for KLRC. If he wins then its great, if he lose well ... it's his own/private expenses ... Just like Lee Tsuen Seng now, no pressure win or lose, although we all like to see him winning.

proton hmmm, may be proton knows that they will not drive the proton anyway .... :)

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    ok la.bored to talk about hafiz failed,hafiz suck,hafiz lost,hafiz is nothing,hafiz is hopeless,hafiz demanding,hafiz etc etc..STOp TALKING then.dont u think its better??

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Wah, you all still talking about this guy.... here's updated news abt him :
    The Star
    Former All-England champion Hafiz quits Nusa Mahsuri
    By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: After nine topsy-turvy years with Nusa Mahsuri, former All-England champion Mohd Hafiz Hashim has decided to cut ties with the club in a bid to revive his flagging fortunes.

The 25-year-old Hafiz is now hoping to join another professional club, KLRC Bhd.

Although speculation had been rife about Hafiz’s plans to leave, his announcement yesterday – after a two-hour meeting with Nusa Mahsuri president Jalani Sidek – still came as a shock.

Hafiz who has been with the club since 1999 has had many ups and downs over the years.

After achieving career highs with the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games singles gold and the 2003 All-England title, his form has taken a nose-dive, especially in the last two years.

Hafiz, who met National Sport Council (NSC) director-general Datuk Zolkples Embong and Sports Commissioner Tan Sri Elyas Omar to explain his decision, said that money was not the main reason for him leaving Nusa Mahsuri.

“Yes, money has got something to do with it. It is actually a little bit of everything. I want to try something new. I have to do something to revive my career. I have reached a point where I cannot be with Nusa anymore. I have been there too long,” said Hafiz yesterday.

“And yes, I am even prepared to leave my coach Misbun (Sidek) to revive my fortunes with KLRC”.

Hafiz's monthly allowance from NSC was cut from RM2,550 to RM550 in October last year.
    (According to earlier press reports,from 2007 onwards, NSC pay althetics RM500/mth, only medal winners in 2005 & 2006 SEA, Asia, Commonwealth, World get extra according to colour of medal they won, that too only for 1 to max 1.5 yrs.
    OG = those who qualified for on merit get extra allowance, I think it was RM1,000/mth, until OG 2008 only. For baddy, I'm not sure how they consider it.
    This too I believe was an additional factor to why the 4 MD players wanted to jump ship)
    In fact, he wanted to leave the club last month but chose to stay on for the back-to-back Opens in Malaysia and South Korea so as not to disrupt the national team’s preparations.

He had been quietly hoping for BAM, NSC and Nusa to help him sort out the monthly allowance issue. But when no one stepped in to help, he decided it was time to leave.

“The pay cut affected me greatly. I brought up this matter to my coach, (Yap) Kim Hock (chief coach), Ganga (Rao, BAM secretary), Datuk Zolkples and Jalani but my complaints were not taken seriously. Well, at least that was how I felt at the time,” said Hafiz.

“I was told that RM550 was sufficient because as an elite player I was given accommodation and food at Bukit Jalil. But I am married now and I have more responsibilities. No one seemed to understand this.

“I trained as hard as anyone else but I did not get what I was due. Eventually, it began to affect my game.”
    Hafiz also delivered a parting shot at his club.

“There were promises (made by the club) that were not fulfilled. My bonus for winning the All-England and Commonwealth Games titles were only paid in 2006. And my club did not give me monthly allowances although I had requested many times. I tolerated it all until ... (the pay cut by the NSC),” he said.

“I may be called a traitor (for leaving the club) ... but I am prepared to face the consequences.”

However, he only had good things to say about his coach Misbun.

“I had a face-to-face talk with him about this decision. He knows my predicament and said he was flexible. I owe him a lot and to me he will always be my coach,” said Hafiz.

“I am very sure that I can approach him any time and he will be there to give me advice ... that’s the kind of relationship we have.”

Although Hafiz had decided to move on, he still has a few things to iron out – especially about his contract with Yonex and his eligibility to play for the country.

“I have been entered for the Thomas Cup qualifying tournament (Feb 19-24 in Vietnam). I do not know how the BAM will look at this decision. I am ready to play for the country under the banner of another club,” said Hafiz.

Maybe now BAM chose LTS to go TC? he he.

#74 eaglehelang, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  15. eaglehelang

Responses from Misbun & NSC Director

The Star
    Zolkples: I tried to talk Hafiz out of leaving Nusa

PETALING JAYA: Mohd Hafiz Hashim’s decision to leave Nusa Mahsuri has elicited mixed reactions.

While national singles coach Misbun Sidek expressed surprise, National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong (pic) threw down a gauntlet at the shuttler.

In fact, Misbun said he had been caught unawares by Hafiz’s decision.

“I had given both Hafiz and (Lee) Chong Wei a day off today (yesterday) because they were down with fever. But they turned up for training this morning anyway.

I was happy to see their commitment. So, I am surprised that Hafiz had made this decision today,” said Misbun.

“However, it is best that I reserve my comment until this matter is officially made known.” Zolkples, meanwhile, said that he tried to talk Hafiz out of leaving Nusa when the latter met him on Thursday.

“I had advised him. In fact, we (Jalani and I) tried to come out with a counter-offer for him. We also gave him an option of training under Rashid (Sidek) but I think he had already made up his mind by then. I left it up to him to decide,” said Zolkples.

Zolkples now wants Hafiz to justify his decision by producing good results.
    “I told him to take up this new challenge and prove that he has made the right choice. This probably could be the catalyst that he needs to revive his career.”
    On Hafiz’s chances to represent the country, Zolkples said: “It is the prerogative of the BAM to choose him. Every player — whether they are from a club or the elite programme — should be given a fair chance to compete if they are good enough to represent the country.”

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, Mr Yoyo eventually leaves Nusa Mansuri and he will probably join the crowds at KLRC.

17. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Is it getting crowded over there u mean???

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    am i reading the article or does it try to say that Hafiz is not happy because of (lack of) money and possibly explains his poor performance?

19. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

He read my post ...

HAHAHAHAHAHA ...... :D :D :D, sorry can't resist...

#79 Hitman71, Feb 1, 2008
  20. eaglehelang

Ha ha, Hitman, there had already been rumours in the press abt Hafiz going to KLRC at the beginning of this thread, that was... 9 Jan. And your post was 2 wks later? He thought of it ages bf that.... you too slow -lah.:D:D

Kwun - yup, pretty much, already covered in earlier news pieces, a few pages in front. After the 'not in training news pc', Hafiz has been criticised (by an assortment of ppl : NSC Director, Nusa M, Rashid, media editorials) for thinking abt $$$$, he should prove himself 1st by results. Misbun aft many yrs, sounds to have given up too.

Jugman : That's a good one, yup getting 'crowded' there in KLRC, dunno whether the crowds will eventually push Mr Yoyo out. ;)

I'm interested to see if BAM will replace Hafiz with LTS for Thomas CUp qualifiers, if the deadline allows it.

#80 eaglehelang, Feb 1, 2008