*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcken200

mcken200 Regular Member

Sgt_Strider

Please can post your views on your racket and compare to any that are similar, how it performs as a doubles racket and your ideal tension and strings, as I am very tempted to order one myself but has been hard for me to find other reviews besides Kwun's.

I currently use:-
    NS9900
    Victor's SW35, LYD & JJS

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

There's actually no pic visible :confused:

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It feels light because of the headlight balance, not because it is light overall. The FB on the other hand is headheavy but feels light because it actually is light (this is where the term swingweight comes into play; not to be mistaken for headweight that some are starting to call swingweight now ;) although I'm sure you can make up some sort of relation between the two)
    So they don't really have the same weight distribution but the swingweights might be closer together ...

You still have to measure the balance point and overall weight of yours [​IMG] (if you have a kitchen scale or something alike; for balance point just balance it on your finger and remember whatever letter it balances at and grab a tape measure)

Your photo has been removed by imageshack [​IMG]

#1323 demolidor, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  4. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

photo - Copy - Copy.jpg

This is a repost of my previous post. I've asked the mod to remove the previous post.

So as promised, I have now uploaded the picture of the Duoforce that arrived yesterday. Man, this racket feels light even though it's a 3U rated racket! I'm not sure if it's because of the distribution of the weight or not, but it definitely feels lighter than the 3U racket that I owned about a decade ago. It even feels lighter than my friend's 3U Voltric 80. Either that or I've gotten much stronger over the past decade. lol!

I'm so excited about this racket. In a way it feels like the ArcSaber FB, but heavier. The reason why I describe it like that is because both racket seems to have a similar weight distribution. Obviously this is the heavier racket. I have a feeling I might smash harder with the Duoforce than with my AT800 DE. I won't find out until tomorrow evening, but man, I can't wait until I smash a birdie!

5. Sgt_Strider

lol, my racket was only in customs for about a day. :p

6. Sgt_Strider

Really? Is that really the case? Honestly, the weight distribution of both the F version of the FB and the Duoforce seem similar if not the same. I don't have a scale so I can't do that for you, but again, I'm just telling you how I feel about the two rackets. It's not a scientific test. lol. Honestly, the Duoforce feels much lighter than I had thought. I'm not saying it's as light or as manuverable as the FB. Obviously it's much heavier, but it does seem lighter than my AT800 DE.

As for impression about the racket, you guys will all have to wait until either Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

7. maartendq

maartendq Regular Member

Can I ask where you are from and if you had to pay any tax on your package (customs)? Do you happen to know what price the package is marked at (or if there is any papers with the price attached to the package)?

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/wtbalswt.php (disregard the whereabouts of the balance point in that article since it pertains to tennis rackets)

"For equal weight racquets, the closer the balance point (center of mass) is to your hand, the less force (torque) you need to hold the racquet up horizontal to the ground (holding at the handle)."

Assuming the VT80 weighed roughly the same, this is why the Duoforce feels lighter. A 4U AT800D is still a headheavyish racket, so when simply picking it up (by the handle) it could very well still feel heavier than a 3U headlight DuoForce ...

#1328 demolidor, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  9. mcken200

mcken200 Regular Member

I couldn't resist I had to order Duoforce & power hybrid strings.... can't wait but did anyone else that ordered have to pay extra taxes at the checkout ? I had to pay about £12 extra

10. Sgt_Strider

Thanks for the explanation. After swing the racket today, I have to say, I really think I'll like it. I'm going to make some predictions here base on just swing the racket around. As for in game impressions, you guys will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I think I'm going to smash as hard if not harder with this racket. Because of the good weight distribution, I feel this racket will perform better than my AT800 DE whether it's offensively or defensively. Like I said before, I'm still shocked that this is a 3U racket. However, there's no way this racket is going to be as maneuverable as the Arc FB. It's just not possible when the Duoforce is 20g+ heavier than the FB.

11. Sgt_Strider

I don't think you'll regret it. The Duoforce seems like it's a special racket. I hope it'll meet my expectations later tonight.

12. chunkee

chunkee Regular Member

Golf Pro
    swing weight is different from the weight of the racket
    in golf clubs, there is a rating system for swing weights but really it's complicated and too much techno stuff involved
    so, cut it short, if it swings right, that's the swing weight you'll be used to
    Adding extra wrap (extra weight) will in theory change the swing weight of the racket, but the change is just so small to notice
    Leave the technical stuff to the manufacturer and enjoy your new weapon:D

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    unboxing of the Precision Pro and Adipower Tour:

[video=youtube;89x-rczOXzc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89x-rczOXzc[/video]

14. chunkee

chunkee Regular Member

Golf Pro
    kwun is evil!!!:cool:

15. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

He gets all those rackets for FREE! While us? *watching cash with wings flying away*

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as i mentioned before, there is no free lunch. :(

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    some specs on the new rackets:

Precision Pro:

85.85g weight
    295mm balance point
    36.8g head weight

Adipower Tour:

86.85g weight
    289mm balance point
    36.3g head weight

somewhat similar specs as both are from the same mold and medium stiff. but plays very differently!

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    The Adipower Tour is a lovely looking racket.

Here is the stringing video. I used a different camera this time and it is sharper and shows better details. make sure you watch it in HD 720p:

[video=youtube;WmD5hCd5LEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmD5hCd5LEQ[/video]

around 18mins 15secs. not bad. :)

19. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    nice little starting clamp trick to pull near the end

20. Sgt_Strider

Haha, or just leave it to you experts to simplify for me? ;)

After a few short rallies, I can say that this is probably the best 3U racket I've ever used in my life. So much power...I can't say for sure whether I've set any new personal records or not since I don't have a radar gun, but yea, it's definitely as good as any other offensively minded rackets I've used. My day is not done yet. Will post more later!

#1340 Sgt_Strider, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.