Yonex ArcSaber 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    just be patient and pray hehehe...
    remember patient is a virtue
    so including me, i should be patient tooo

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    LOL! I believe that's my line!!

Actually what you meant to say is "Patience is a virtue!".

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No worries guys.. will post the review in a day or two. :)

4. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
  5. enroc

enroc Regular Member

Peter Gade plays with ArcSaber 10 ??

In the netherlands is now playing de EC Teams Championschip. On that tounament is also playing Peter Gade and there is taken a picture of him with the New ArcSaber.....you kan take a look if you want on the next link:
    http://cona.nl/yonexforum/viewtopic.php?p=2756&highlight=#2756

What do you think? Is it the new ArcSaber???

6. Armor_tec_14

It looks slightly like it but if it hasnt been released yet would he be able to use it in a tournament ?

7. ants

ants Regular Member

The pros has been given the racket to use. It may not be released yet for public but the pros are usually given the racket to try 1st.

8. Armor_tec_14

Yeah I knew that but I thought it was for training only :cool:

Thanks anyway for clarifying this for me ;)

9. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    If that is the Arc Saber 10, than it will be a black racket? I don't usually like black rackets but I'll have to check it out still

10. Armor_tec_14

If that is the Arc Saber 10 , I dont really like the colour scheme. I prefer the Arc Saber 7s colour.

11. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Wow, that looks hot! 't wait for the review... still need to decide between the AT-900T, P and this new Arcsaber 10 :rolleyes:

12. enroc

enroc Regular Member

yonex has told on the dutch forum (http://cona.nl/yonexforum) that Peter Gade have the ARC10 in his hands on the photo. It's not the default colour on the photo, that's just yet the question.
    So Peter Gade was testing the ARC10 on the EC Teams Championschip in the Netherlands.

#132 enroc, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  13. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

does this mean the "deadline" is either today or tomorrow? :)
    it's pretty darn hard to be patient :p

14. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Confirming ENROC's info. I attended the finals of the EC Teams 2008 today, and saw Gade playing with this mysterious black racket with white corners.
    Also got his and Kenneth's autographs :D:p:cool:

Incidentally, both won easily, and had to leave immediatly after the game. Gade even gave away his shirt to a young kid. Not me :crying::eek:

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Yonex Arcsaber 10 Review

Review Date : November 07
    Racket Type : Yonex ArcSaber 10
    Specs : 3UG4
    Strings: Yonex Nanogy98 ( Supplied )
    Tension: 30lbs , 1 Piece Stringing
    Stringing Machine : Yonex ESPRO
    Grip: Original Grip
    Technology : CS Carbon Nanotube,Newly built in T-joint,Super HMG (High Modulus Graphite), Ultra PEF (Polyethylene Fibers)
    Shuttle Used: Yonex Official and Yonex Tournament

First Impression:
    The technology behind this racket is definitely a much improved version of the ArcSaber7. I would say Arcsaber 10 is on a class of its own. However the color itself is not as striking. It’s a disappointment for me as I would expect this racket will cause fear to the opponents by just a look at it. But then still water run’s deep. It may look tame but the Arcsaber10 is definitely a dangerous weapon for those who use it. And at the same time people might get used to the racket color as time goes by. This is also proven when the Nanospeed9000 color way came out, it look funny and weird but after a while many love this racket just by the looks itself. So I guess it will be the same for the Arcsaber 10. If i were to give a nickname to this racket i would call it Black Magic. The name enough might strike fear to your opponent.

Stringing Impression:
    Based on the facts and technology that I have about this racket. I have no fear in stringing this racket at high tension. But since my usual tension is at 30lbs, I find that it’s a no sweat stringing this piece of racket. If it’s a 2U it would be much easier. Racket head and frame had slight movement when pulled but I guess its common for all rackets but I would say that Its even more stable than stringing a Armortec 700. With a good support of the World best stringing Machine ESPRO make the job easier.

Warm Ups:
    I like the weight of this piece of technology. The racket does feel stiffer than the Arcsaber 7. It does not vibrate as much. And the shuttle does looks that it bounce back faster once it touches the string bed during hitting. Controlling the shuttle on the net is much better and if those who are used to head heavy racket will not have any problem adapting to Arcsaber 10 in terms of net play. As for flat drives I may need to exert more wrist do have the best results. Slow smashes feel good and I didn’t really exert much effort. Shuttle placements feel easy using this racket.

Game Time:

The speed of the shuttle released from this racket is fairly noticeable compare with the other rackets I used. Smash seems faster and in competitive playing speed does matter. Although I’m not really a front guy, using this racket does attract me in playing in the front. Shots deceptions are slightly easier when I’m receiving my opponent’s serve. I am satisfy in the smashing power ability produced by Arcsaber 10 , but I do wish there were more Ommph in it. Maneuverability wise I found it is easier for me to change my gripping method from offense to defense and vise versa. Even flat push and drives was good, just that I have to push my wrist and thumb more to produce a little more power to counter my opponents flat drives. In terms or retrieving smashes, this racket does not disappoint me although I have to put more effort on it because at the same time it does allow me to control the shuttle while defending from smashes. I can feel the shaft bend to create the torque when defend and during smashes which are a good thing in badminton because it allows more power generated from the racket to the shuttle. If I were Fu Hai Feng, I might create another smash speed record with this racket.

Conclusion:

Arcsaber 10 is a racket that will appeal to vast range of players from amateurs and professionals alike. Many will appreciate its usability and adaptability. It has the all around performance from speed, power and control. If you are looking for more Power from this racket, I would suggest you to get a 2U version instead. Arcsaber 10 offers enough improvement over Arcsaber 7 to make an upgrade or racket switch justifiable. If you are looking for an upgrade, you might want to consider Arcbsaber 10. However the only factor that hinders someone in getting the racket is the PRICE. With the technology and materials used in making this Arcsaber 10 the results produced does satisfy my curiosity and I have no regret using this racket as one of my main racket… of course until a better one comes along.

I would rate this racket in terms of Feel, Control, Power and Defense. However it is based on my own test and review. It may vary depending on the player, tension and what string you use.

Feel: 9.5/10
    Control: 9.5/10
    Power: 9/10
    Defense: 8.5/10
    Maneuverability: 8.5/10

Pros : All around racket, Good control.
    Cons: Lack of Defense, Price and looks

Suitability : Intermediate/Advance. Singles/Doubles racket

Ants

16. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the great review ants!

17. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Thanks Ants! Greatly appreciated!

18. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Thanks. Been waiting all morning since I woke up...which was like 2 hours ago. Now just waiting for it to release and my paycheck to come!!!

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Sorry for the long delay guys.. :) I hope you enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed writing the reviews.

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Thanks for the post. My question is, have there been any changes in some of the results which is written in there since the review date you noted is in November.