VIDEO: Haribito 76 holes (22x21) professional pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here is how to do the Haribito 76 holes professional pattern.

the pattern is probably one of the more complicated ones out there. it is a single piece/2knot, around the world, top down pattern. even so, it is not that hard to do, the instruction given is actually quite clear. we have discussed it in this thread:

the total time for me was less than 35mins, and that's with all the talking as well. in addition to the pattern itself, i have made slight modification to add 2 more pounds at the middle crosses, ala the Victor pattern tension spec.

the instruction from Haribito seems to have a little difference in holes spec compared to the ARC9FL i was using. i ended up with the opposite phase for the crosses and thus the tie-off are on the opposite side as shown in the diagram.

anyway, here is the video:

[video=youtube;e9DhaNJiFJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DhaNJiFJE[/video]

as usual, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

here is the BC thread that discussed this pattern:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/96486-Gosen-Pattern-of-2011-Catalogue-from-Shuttle-House

and here is the pattern diagram: (the one on the left hand side). there are translations on the above thread.

[​IMG]

2. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    Love this method been using this for years.. i find it hold tension so much better.

nice vidz as usual :D

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

All these videos you have been doing are a great resource. Thank you so much. :)

Some of us are visual learners and fare much better watching something done rather than deciphering diagrams or reading the written word.

With yan.v compiling these videos in a single thread, the stringing section of Badminton Central has really started to look like an organized library of textbooks and no longer like a teenage girl's bedroom floor strewn with Seventeen magazines (it's just so hard to find that article on Justin Beiber's magic acne cure in that mess!)

4. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    lmfao ......

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Well I think BC has been the one of the only source of badminton information for a long while, even if there wasn't any "catalog" of threads to look at. This is especially true for stringing as you can easily find information about rackets, techniques, etc. elsewhere, like on badminton bible or other sites that appeared during the last 2-3 years. There isn't many other places from where one could learn to string aside from tennis forums, or youtube.

For instance, the first time I even thought about buying a stringing machine, this is the first (and only) site I landed on. I was able to find ALL the information I needed about machine selection, stringing instructions, patterns, beginner techniques, advanced techniques tools, etc. even before I made my first post here. I went through every possible informative threads I could find, and even more :p. When I made my first post here, I had already strung a couple dozens of rackets and they were well strung.

So yes, this place contains all the information necessary and I felt I needed to give back a little and save people some time by putting it all in the same thread. And all of this is due to BC's team ^^

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Pulling hard weaves twice. This video might be relevant - X11 is a (very) hard weave, and the outer mains aren't exactly easy.

This is the closest I've seen to a usable 1PTD pattern with 22 mains... let us know what Janet makes of it:).

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    she probably don't care.

last time i strung her racket with BG66UM. but she thought i strung it with "the new string" (ZM62).

8. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

Rule of thumb is use the 22x21 method on 72 holes and 22x22 method on 76 holes except the ArcDXs, ArcZ and any of those semi iso/oval rackets like Gosen Ryoga Shiden.

@Kwun
    what is your feedback against the 4 knots pattern when you played with it?

#8 istringforyou, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  9. jshrmohanty

jshrmohanty Regular Member

Why your top tie off knot at T11?

Could you please also do video on 22X22 pattern?

10. istringforyou

Kwun's rationale is to avoid tying off at the mains around the sweetspot as it acts as a dampener which should be avoided in badminton. Seriously i couldnt tell the difference though maybe i am just a brute brainless smasher :)

You should try the patterns on your own. Nothing beats getting your hands dirty. I did the same, just like u waited for me to try and provide u feedback on the Master Paizhuan pattern. I must thank you for sharing with us the very interesting Master Paizhuan pattern.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what's the reason behind that?

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    already answered by istringforyou. :)

sure. might not get to it soon though. i have a few videos still in the pipeline and no more rackets to string!

13. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Nice work with the video, slick editing and smooth narration, I watched every minute of it. It's the first time I've seen a 1-piece stringing pattern, I found it facinating and although I'm now confident I could perform this method (after a few attempts) I'm a little confused as to the benifit vs the standard (yonex) 2 piece method?

In the comments someone remarked that it helps prevent tension loss but I'm slightly dubious as to the extent that tension loss in the knot areas feeds back to the sweet spot areas? I've seen a few broken strings on the top couple of crosses from repeated shuttle pickup and the tension loss on the sweetspot has been unnoticeable to me. I've even known someone to play a 2 hour session with a broken top cross and again suffer no noticable tension loss in the sweetspot area (@26lb).

I hope you don't mind me asking but do you ever use this method for customer rackets?

ps: your wife uses a tension 3lbs+ above me which has totally crushed my man ego :eek:

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    2 string vs 1 string seems to be borderline religious topic. :)

i am mainly a 2 strings person. i never do this pattern for customer as none of them requested it. and also this is much more complicated than my normal Yonexian 2 piece pattern. to quote Pete, i am doing this "in the name of badminton stringing science." :D

however, this particular pattern really ties 3 different ideas together:

- 1 piece
    - top down
    - "center" first for cross

my ex-coach once says my wife smash harder than me.

smooth narration? and i thought i need to go seek speech therapy! can anyone guess my accent?

15. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

I'll use the search function to have a look at 1 vs 2 string discussions, something tells me I'll find a quite a few :p.

Your narration was concise, clear and relaxed. Sometimes it can be tempting to talk to fill a silence, when it would be much better to just let your hands do the talking. you didn't make that mistake and the silence let me concentrate on what you were doing. I didn't realise it was a 20 min vid until it was finished, felt like 5 mins. I don't like being too complementary so let me just say you really need to work on your weaving! ;)

I'm not brave enough to start guessing accents. :)

16. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I'll save you some time, since I have read most of those threads.

The pro 2 knots people will tell you that it retains tension better, or that it has better power, or better control, etc.

The pro 4 knots people will tell you that it retains tension better, or that it has better power, or better control, etc.

All those discussions are mostly based on personal experience from people. However there are a few facts and one of them is that 4 knots is more subject to tension loss from knots because there are 4 of them instead of 2. However, it is quite possible to minimize the tension loss from knots making that difference almost negligible.

The conclusion you'll make by yourself after reading all of those threads is "try it and see how it goes for you". Some prefer 2 knots, some prefer 4 knots, some don't care. Hence the reference to religious topics from Kwun :p

17. istringforyou

If you were to try the 22x21 on a 76 holes, you will find that you couldnt follow exactly what is instructed. i.e the final cross before before going around will end at the wrong side. The same if you were to try a 22x22 on a 72 holes as far as i can remember.

I never did wrong ever since i decided to use the 22x21 on 72 holes and 22x22 on 76 holes.

#17 istringforyou, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. damn it. should never have shown you AK and Walter's videos. ;)

19. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

This is interesting.

How can the first two crosses be done without a fixed clamp?

20. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

I am wondering the same thing... loop it back, skip the 1st cross, and pull the 2nd cross is the only solution I can think of.