Yonex Voltric 80 Peter Gade version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tyshk, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mackstine

mackstine Regular Member

Oh actually it's not for protecting the cross - its for protecting the main (vertical string) as that's how I frequently break string. Think of it as an extra cross because the string pattern leaves a lot of main string exposed. The color is seemingly a bit girly, but almost fitting imo...

hehe, the activia means my problems are solved :)
    now that you mention it, that scotch bottle should be larger ;)

2. calviny

calviny New Member

Just received my VT80 PG 4U5 from MBS. Try a few swings due to the tournament. It does feel different with my VT80 4U4 US code version. VT80 PG is a little less head heavy and the shaft is a little soft. I will try a few games to confirm.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Grip size is different to begin with. If you built it up to be the same, the G5 would feel a little less headheavy yes. And otherwise: you are playing with different grip sizes. But keep us up to date nevertheless [​IMG].

4. JohnnyZeng

JohnnyZeng Regular Member

comparing with VT80 with VT80 PG , VT-80PG's shaft feel a less stiff than original VT80, and the VT-80PG's paint job is similar to VT Z-FORCE's.... I think yonex will keep using z-force's kind of paint job for the upcoming rackets.

5. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

that didnt happen with the zspd though

6. yoman

yoman Regular Member

I just bought a VT80PG 4UG5, I realised there's a bubble under the paint job like someone in this thread has mentioned. Not sure if I should do a return.. Please advice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. yoman

yoman Regular Member

haven gotten any response from them. ... maybe they dun entertain '1' racket case.

8. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I sold mine two weeks ago for 60€.
    The racket was laying in my bag for nearly two years without playing with it (since I got my VT80). I have played with the racket before I got my VT80 so the racket already had one scratch where the painting was off. So no collecting value anymore ^^

9. yoman

yoman Regular Member

personally felt that this sales by Sunrise, are rejected/defective or old stocks clearance. They did not give any form of immediate response towards such issue, which should not have happen if this is totally abnormal.

10. pro_athelete

pro_athelete New Member

I have ordered 3 times from them and I had no issues with the products. Sunrise is the main distributor of Yonex in this region as far as I know. If what you are claiming is true, then I cannot imagine what kind of defective Yonex goods the retail outlets are selling as they have to purchase the goods from Sunrise themselves. Seriously dude, if you have a problem with the company and the brand, then you are better off using another brand instead.

11. pro_athelete

pro_athelete New Member

You clearly mentioned that you bought sales item. It will obviously be clearance stock. To avoid such issues, just stick to regular priced items. You pay for what you get. Its pure common sense.

12. yoman

yoman Regular Member

Do you mean that sales items are supposed/normal to come with some defects uh ? It is common sense that people buy things when they have discount, and also common sense that most people don't accept new products to be defective. I hoped you do have some common sense afterall

You yourself is a swellhead racist to begin with, appreciate that u keep your genius comments to yourself.

13. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I do agree on your statement and I still think that yonex or sunrise should have taken action for defects such as your air bubble because this is part of the customer right to have the product that satisfies them! It's a big shame for yonex or sunrise on not respecting customer's right in this occasion.

14. yoman

yoman Regular Member

Really appreciate ur understanding, unfortunately they did not seems to be anyway interested in resolving, 6 days since I notified them and all they did was to prioritize other less important things. I am writing a detailed article about this, mainly on the kind of response received from them so far.

15. yoman

yoman Regular Member

Sunrise finally get back to be after 10 days, and promised to let me do a return by mail. Unsatisfied that they practice double standard, but hopefully the replacement will be of good condition. Will post photo of their replacement again.

16. yoman

yoman Regular Member

More than 2 weeks and issue is unsettled by Sunrise Pte Ltd. Their customer care efficiency is one of the worst I have seen so far, non professional replies and worst, sometimes no replies at all.

17. Saniljit

Saniljit Regular Member

Surprised that you are facing this problem with them, I just purchased the Arc11 TH (rival of the VT80 PG :p ) and NR750 from them recently and had no issues at all. But I have to agree that their email replies are truly 'non professional'.

Also, my Arc11 TH got a bubble in the head, but I dont really care about small details like that cause I use it as my main racket.

18. yoman

yoman Regular Member

The customer service has not the least bit showed any form of urgency or concern towards genuine issue. This is wat really annoys me. I am not a frequent racket buyer, but I do owned a few made in japan Yonex, this is the first time I experience this, or maybe i used to by 'lucky' until now.. Yea, i was contemplating between arc11 or vt80.. did u get the 3U or 4U version?

#178 yoman, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  19. Saniljit

Saniljit Regular Member

I went with 3U as I wanted the smash power. Between the VT80 PG and Arc11 TH, I chose TH as it suits me better and also I like him for this backhand smash lol!
    Anyway, best of luck in sorting this mess out and when you do get it back, couple it with the BG66 UM.. the sound it makes is fantastic..

20. yoman

yoman Regular Member

Yes, was thinking about 66um too. how much tension did u have it on ur TH?