Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=68071

After her second-round win at the Yonex Denmark Open over Japan’s Minatsu Mitani, Saina Nehwal admitted the match “wasn’t easy”.

[​IMG]“She runs well and retrieves a lot,” said the Indian star of her young opponent.Nehwal’s comments proved prophetic. By the end of the next week, Mitani showed why her senior rival’s caution was justified, exacting revenge on the Denmark Open champion in the final of the French Open.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina has to be wise about her playing schedule, feel experts

TNN | Nov 11, 2012,
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...chedule-feel-experts/articleshow/17174793.cms

Excerpts:

...But Saina Nehwal isn't unduly worried about that. "I have never been concerned about rankings. If you do well, rankings will automatically improve. I don't think reaching the No. 1 spot is that difficult, and I know I can be there. The tougher part is to stay there for long. That's what is great about the Chinese. Players like Wang Yihan and Lin Dan have been at the top for so long. I myself get amazed sometimes at their level of consistency and focus," Saina said, during her interaction with TOI reporters on Saturday.

...But the path is not that easy. The best 10 results of a particular player from a calendar year are taken into account when the BWF rankings are calculated. With the top players choosing to play an average of 14-15 tournaments a year, consistency becomes a big factor.

...She admits she's not been at peak fitness for quite some time now. "Despite being half-fit during the London Games, I managed to win a bronze. Even at last month's events in Denmark and France, I was playing with a heavily strapped knee. That's the reason why I pulled out of the China Open, as I was not feeling confident about my body. You need to pick and choose events if you want your body to withstand the rigours of the game," Saina says.

...Former national coach Vimal Kumar too feels Saina's main target should be to stay injury-free. "She has been doing a lot of things right, and it is important now that she continues in the same manner. She should not think too much about rankings. She's beaten top players and proven herself already. If she works towards staying injury-free, she can surely reach the top," he said.

3. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Shuttlers look to salvage pride

After a forgettable campaign at Shanghai, the Indian team arrived in Hong Kong in a bid to restore some pride at the Yonex Sunrise Hong Kong Super Series which begins on Tuesday.

But for Kashyap, who reached quarterfinals, none of the Indian shuttlers did well at the Premier event. With Saina Nehwal joining the team after skipping China Open, Indian fans can hope for someexciting results here. In fact, Saina won the tourney in 2010 and the draw here is quite encouraging.

Moreover, the injury break has helped the Indian ace remain fresh while the rest of the top shuttlers toiled hard at Shanghai last week. Despite not being fully fit Saina says she is confident of doing well in Hong Kong.

"I am not fully fit. But I don't want to sit at home. Once I get on the court I forget about everything and would focus only the game. Though I was not able to practice hard I am confident of doing well here," Saina told TOI from Hong Kong, adding that the draw is very tough.

"The draw is very tough. Unlike in the men's section where a couple of top stars dominate the scene, there are a number of brilliant players in the women's category. The difference between the No. 1 and No. 10 is negligible, so we can't judge a player on the basis of their rankings. I think it would be tough from the first round," she added. Saina will begin her campaign against world No. 34 Aprilla Yuswandari of Indonesia in the first round on Wednesday. She is likely to meet PV Sindhu in the semis.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ook-to-salvage-pride/articleshow/17288789.cms

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I thought it would be against BYJ in the first round for saina. Was it changed?.. Since BYJ has withdrawn, i thought saina will get a bye in the first round.. Any Latest link of the draw announced?

5. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Love this quote. Ice cream, huh? Whatever works! Let's see which ice cream brand would jump at this opportunity to hire her as the spokesperson! :)

6. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    see tournamentsoftware.com

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I know that you are not 100% fit. I expect you to overcome this knee problem and come back with excellent fitness. All the very best for your future endeavour.:)

8. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

But she's never 100% fit.. when had she been 100% fit? its always 50-70% fit.. maybe her ability just wont get to 100%?? time for reality check.. not 100% cant be her excuse forever, she needs to get a better one. And come on, not everyone is 100% in a tournament, every player has their own old/new injuries so please dont keep reminding people as if she's the only one that is not fit

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

error post. sorry :eek:

#1169 bad's fan, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  10. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

nope, when she wins, she's great even if she's not 100% fit.. when she lost, its because she's not 100% fit.

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

maybe for some fans, when she won, she just proves you how great she is. then when she lost, it's just because she is not 100% fit. it's so simple, isn't it? ;)

12. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

for her fans that will always be the same...that's why they are her fans..:)...but if we don't consider the physical or mental condition of players, its the player who performs better wins the match. That's what happened in her match against WL and MM. (IMHO)

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i tend to agree. it should be the better player of the day that win, so please give them (the winner) some credit. don't just bashing all the opponents when the idol won (saying their idol is the best and bla bla bla), and then rise the 'don't 100% fit' argument when the player lost. :)

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

No player could be 100% fit most of the time, who could?

Hm, if everyone is 100%, what do you think will be the ranking?

15. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Saina Nehwal Exclusive: ‘I wasn’t up to the mark’

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/11/23/saina-nehwal-exclusive-i-wasnt-up-to-the-mark/

What does she mean,Is the injury is as big as one has to get a surgery or what..?

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Sometimes the thought of re-injuring or aggravating the knee is enough to bring your game down considerably.

At her level, it is very hard to wait for the knee to completely heal. She is probably trying her best to avoid the surgical approach.

I believe Wang Yihan is also currently facing the same problem.

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    maybe her ability just wont get to 100%?? what do you mean by that??
    100% cant be her excuse forever, she needs to get a better one
    -- seems like he is happy with her knee problems..
    dont keep reminding people as if she's the only one that is not fit -- If you dont feel like hearing players' physical problems, then just close your ears. This is my duty to wish her to come back from injury and i am certainly doing right. If you hate it, just please keep it you . Dont need to mention your angry here. Lol:D

18. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Wow ... you certainly changed for the better and can control yourself now :).

Lets see this in a positive light, some people are threatened by Saina, hence all the negative propaganda :cool:

19. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

pls, forgive me if my word are inappropriate.. i do hope her knee will be ok/healed for good and she will be fit as other players and I'm not saying 100%, just match fit like every other players and i certainly did not get angry of her excuse or whatever i said that made u feel that i got angry. and i remember i did mention that not every player is 100% fit and not only saina alone is not 100% fit. see, its for every other players as well so i did not only critize her, maybe i was doing it in the wrong thread and hence, the misunderstandings.
    It was just her interview after every match, the 'not 100% fit' she brought up after every losses. It sounded a little, very very little bit like a sore loser, very very very little alright?
    Once again, I mean no harm to discredit SN is any way. I'm sorry if it angered anyone one of her fans here:(

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    "It was just her interview after every match, the 'not 100% fit' she brought up after every losses." Excuse me... She already said it before coming to this tournament. She said " her knee problem is still existing ". I dont know why all people are targeting saina alone.

"It sounded a little, very very little bit like a sore loser, very very very little alright?" Not at all.. I pity those who are still believing she is a loser. She is the one who has broken the china wall in the top. she is just 22.

Even top players are not allowed to say that they are not fit..???? :( what a world is this...!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.