Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  2. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    For Li Ning racket, go for N50. It is the best smashing racket in the N series. However, N50 is a balance racket. If you prefer head heavy type, then go for N55 (the one i bought). Although it is advertised as Chen Jin' s single racket, i used it quite well in doubles as well. These 2 rackets (fire series) are their best for smashing and attacking power play.
    U need time to get used to this racket. First few days i feel like crap coz each hit is diff from Yonex as their sweet spot is different. Once you get the sweet spot, the smashing power and joy comes.
    Personal experience only. ;)

3. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

I was thinking about the N50 as well. Is it comparable to the 2nd Gen Ti-10 since that's what FHF came from?

4. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Yup, it is a UC2200B Li Ning racket. Retailing at RMB 480 in China. :eek: So this wonder girl beat the higher ranks players using a second/third tier Li Ning badminton range. :D Lets see if LYB will start to notice her and give her Fang Fang's N30? hehehehe:p

5. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    To me, N50 is better than AT700. Thats all i can say. How much is N50 selling there over your place? Cheapest in China now is at RMB1000 only. (till end Sept)
    Have you tried Yonex Nano 9900 ? Due to it s light head built, it surprises me by the overall play. Superb back end hit and drop and the thing that surprise me with Nano9900 is the ability to generate "surprise" fast smashes to kill the shuttle during doubles, most of the time before even opponent have time to react. I guess this is due to the light head factor.

To me Li Ning N series is at par with some Top range Yonex products, but not necessary better. It all boils down in where u r from and how worth it is the Li Ning racket price at your place.
    Just my 2 Cents...

6. Executioner

Executioner New Member

7. Superstar

Superstar Regular Member

N50 is slightly more head heavy than Ti10 2nd gen as it is slightly longer. compare with my ti10, about 5mm longer. Other than that, feel quite similar...

8. passiontea

passiontea Regular Member

i have tried all the li-ning racket and i m happy to say that they rackets are SOLID good to use. All the racket seems to have that touch. It is really really good. =)

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Thanks twobeer. you are right.

by any chance do you know the racket model used by Wang Yihan? :)

Attached Files:

• r2.jpg
      r2.jpg
      File size:
      44.4 KB
      Views:
    • r1.jpg
      r1.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
  10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hey, wang yi han in skirt:eek:
    nice:p

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    george!!! you are so observant!! :)

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    OMG... since i am now in Beijing, the 40% discount is really tempting... ...
    Still deciding on buying N50/N55 or Arcsaber Z Slash...
    i dun have plenty of time since it will soon be sold out..
    is there anybody which happen to own Lining N50/N55 as well as Arcsaber Z Slash? if there is, would yo mind to do comparison?

Thanks a lot..

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    By the looks of it it lookl like it is the 2200A model :cool:

/T

BTW tried the new Zymax 62s @ 27 lbs on N90 today.. WI can just say.. wow what a power tirp.... for the glorious 10 minutes before it snapped :-(

14. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hey bro, Dont put high hope on getting N50 inside Beijing. As far as i know it is completely SOLD OUT :eek:. You can try your luck in the biggest retail shop in Wangfujing, the one next to Adidas (there are 2 LN shop on the same street.)
    i got my N55 there after running around the whole city failing to get N50.
    Good luck.

15. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Twobeer is spot on again. It s a 2200A alright.
    So there you go, lotsa up and coming Chinese star are only using 2nd or 3rd tier range of Li Ning products (all below RMB900) and yet they produce good result , even "slaughtered" their N-series seniors in recent tournaments,
    Conclusion? Li Ning rackets is ok. And N-series or not doent matter, it is the skills that is most important. A racket will complement them.

Lets see when will Wang Shi Xian, Wang Lin, Wang Yi Han etc will be given N-series racket.....:D

16. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Care to share where you tried them? Inside China ? So can share with others that may stay in same location with u to try out themselves too the rackets. :p

17. roy b

roy b Regular Member

After reading the comments on this thread, I'm tempted to give these Li Ning's a go.

Problem is that the description of the rackets are a bit confusing. I'm a defensive, touch type of player, that loves both singles and doubles. I have a reasonable smash, but it's not the main point of my game. Unfortunately, most comments here are about the N90 which seems to be a smash related racket, similar to the AT700 - definately not my 'cup of tea' !!

Can any of you guys recommend any suitable top end Li Ning racket(s) for me ?

Many thanks in advance.

18. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Based on your brief discription, u should try out N77 or N70, which are more for tactical play. N90, N55, N50 are definitely more for attacking style of play.
    But before you do buy, IF POSSIBLE, try out urself first. What had been discussed here are strictly personal experience and N-series might not be ur cup of tea at all.
    Cheers.

19. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

a racket only contributes 5%.
    50% comes from fitness, 15% mental, speed 10%, power 10% and strength 10%.

20. PeterW

PeterW New Member

Manager
    Choosing the right racket is very important for professionals and that include the Chinese players regardless. Professionals play with pin point accuracy unlike ordinary players who are ok as long as the shuttle lands within the court. Professionals can detect the slightest draft or shuttle defect that cause their shots to be 1 inch out of the boundary. Likewise they depend heavily on very good rackets to ensure that their shots stay within 2 inch of the boundary. That includes the weight, twist/tortion, flex and string tension must be on the dot otherwise they may loose the match to another professional. The skills of:eek: top players still require good rackets to maintain their standing.:D