Record of walkover and retired between same country player since 2006

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by limsy, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    And u also must know the "true" olympics spirit, that is : to avoid China win many Olympics Gold. lol. In 2000 OG, Spain has 4 MS players : Vicente, Corretja, Ferrero and Costa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_at_the_2000_Summer_Olympics_–_Men's_singles. In 2004 OG, Russia has 4 WS players : Myskina, Dementieva, Kuznetzova and Petrova. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_at_the_2004_Summer_Olympics_–_Women's_singles. in 2000 & 2004 OG, China as the strongest country in badminton only has 3 players per disciplines, thus reduce their chance to win the OG gold medal.

2. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    lol. even when LCW had so many helps from BWF in 2011 World Championships, that is longer hours to rest since QF match to Final, against Cordon, CJ and LD...LD not affraid to challenge LCW, and finally, LD won over LCW :p. lol. :p

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no worry fortune.
    everyone know lin dan is the best walkover badminton player in the human history.
    dont be too excited.

4. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    and every one also know BWF is not fair to China players. i think u also know, but keep silent, bcoz even BWF is unfair to China, MAS players include LCW never won OG / WC gold medal:p. in 2000 & 2004 OG, max 3 players / pairs in top 8. in 2008 & 2012 OG, max 3 players if they are in top 4. lol. however, the rules for 2 players / pairs is still the same, top 16 only...and that is from 2000 - 2012 OG. lol.

#184 Fortune, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    please create your own thread if u were to talk about olympic unfairness.
    your post in 181,182 and 184 is 0% related to this thread.
    thanks for cooperation.

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    still related. Bcoz BWF and IOC is not fair, thats why China also didn't care about sportivity, thats why they do so many WO and retirement...gives advantages for their top players...in order to have so many reps in OG / WC

#186 Fortune, Jan 23, 2013
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so ur logic is like this:
    because everyone can buy gun in us,so its correct to kill people
    criticize others being wrong doesnt make u correct.
    what u said only putting ink in muddy water(越描越黑in chinese);)
    i cant see ina fans complain about bwf when their defending champion failed to qualify for OG 2012,instead,they complain about their player who dont earn enough points.
    that's the different between quality.

8. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Tell me more about how BWF is unfair to China as BWF allows China to have 3 SS in their countries for the past years (CHina Premiere, China Master and HK SS)? Yes I agreed that BWF has been very unfair to Other countries who only have none or 1 SS in their countries. Also, for your information, China has always been the country which have the largest participants in WC and Olympics, so I dont know how is it BWF is unfair to them. If you said BWF is unfair to other countries by giving all the quotas to China, then I agree with you.

And also no need to be cheeky because you way of trying to run down LCW makes zero sense. Everyone who knows about competitive badminton knows China has invested at least 10 times more than every other countries in their national setup and training camps across the countries. It makes one wonders, why such a country with such a big team of coaching staffs (mostly ex-Olympics champions and ex-World champions), fundingsm, with such a big pool of talents (1.3 billion population in China), and the biggest number of participants in both WC and Olympic, cannot even stop a mere LCW from getting a medal in both WC and Olympics. What's in Malaysia coaching setup? There's no tradition of having a World or Olympic champions and none of the coach are as famous as any of the Chinese coach.

It's funny that you try to brag China greatness in this thread while deeply inside, we know that that country should be more dominant than what they should be right now.

9. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    we are not talking about gun and kill people. We only talk about badminton, IOC, BWF, China and ROW, WO and retirement. Thats it. back to topic. If BWF wants to reduce the # of WO and retirement, so please be fair to every countries. no wonder ROW number of WO and reteriments was quite low, bcoz 2 spots in top 16 is very easy to achieve
    2 players / pairs in top 8 is easy to achieve lol :p. compare it with 3 spots in top 8 or even in top 4. why complaint ? :p

10. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    first, HK is different with China. Politically maybe yes, but in sports, I never heard HK glories = China glories :p. HK crowd is not necessary support China players, surely different with China crowd to China players. just look at LD vs LCW in HK open, HK crowd only gives applause to the player that play better. second, its easier for China to have 3 reps in OG (in top 8) even with no SS or PSS held in China, compare to China has 2 or even 5 SS, but only can have 3 reps in OG if they are in top 4 lol
    I only talk about OG / WC gold medal, not about silver or bronze medal
    i think this is the best China can achieve.

#190 Fortune, Jan 23, 2013
  11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,we are talking about walkover and retired matches record here.
    not about bwf nor ioc nor og nor wc.thanks;)

12. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Then kindly proceed to other thread since you are only talking about WC and Olympic gold medal here. You are getting out of topic. Please see your way out, thank you.

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    gun has no relation with badminton. I never heard some one playing badminton with gun lol. But BWF, IOC unfair decision has strong relation with China w/o. if the decision is fair, its easier for China to achieve, surely # of w/o and retirement involving china players will decrease significantly.

14. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    you only want to talk about "one side", that is china retirements and w/o...but you dont want to talk about "the other side". lol. even without research before, i strongly believe China w/o and retirements from Oct 2000 until May 2004 is not as much as now.

#194 Fortune, Jan 23, 2013
  15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    then try to prove to us about your point,with figure and facts
    not simply ranting on bwf,thanks

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    ok, then i will do it, but give me time to do a little research, using tournamentsoftware, especially from 2003 to 2004. maybe 1 week or 2 weeks, i will give u the data, how many matches complete in china vs china, and how many w/o and retirement when chn vs chn.

#196 Fortune, Jan 23, 2013
  17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    well said. I agree.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yesterday,li na fall and injured.
    but she keep on playing until the end
    this is the spirit and pride of sport.
    unlike some ugly scene we seen in badminton

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    @limsy.. You have the complete list of walkovers in the recent years.. My goodness, really good to see such a badminton fan all over. Nice work man. According to me, Nowadays walkovers are done in order to give their compatriots a space to move further ahead in the tournament..(Walkovers due to injury has become rare :(). More and more walkovers will only discredit the enthusiasm in badminton. If for any reason related to injuries, it will be acceptable. For any other reason, i hope no badminton fan will accept that.. Thats for sure..:)

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I watched the whole match and was very sorry for her. I am still very sad.:crying: She is such a nice person.