Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ha ha.. Very funny fellow..:D:p

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Come on LD Rules, i expected more potshots from you against Saina. :p .. You just stopped telling just one.. Ha ha:D

3. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    No right now Nozomi needs to grow up a bit to get to the superseries, meanwhile SN is just getting prepared for another tournament at anyone elses home turf or a neutral venue where she could slambang a few opponent real hard, not just for a few tournaments but for some good time!! :p

Does this sounds good to you may be you would like such comments....:) or a few smileys would make it more interesting for you...

on a side note you are experienced enough to know the reasons and i thought, you attain pleasures by such comments & since my other friend is getting calm these days, I shot this one as a joke to get you excited:D

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

That wasn't a potshot, I think most badminton players would be scared to face Nozomi.

5. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    ok alright this explains why those most players(you are referring to) are only interested in playing SP,SSP or the Olympics but never play gold and regional tournaments cause they are scared;)

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'd like to know why Saina retired one point from victory in her 1st round match while leading 21-17 and 20-18 against Russian player Polikarpova? Was she badly injured? Can she still play in the upcoming Korea Open PSS next month?

7. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    She was aready carrying the knee injury since a few tournaments not getting the time to let it heal properlyand this crept up again at the match point, the tournament schedule needed her to play two matches the same day so she might have gotten a couple of hours before the next match. Too much on an already taxed body... so a wise decision was to not aggrevate it furthur but to let it go.

8. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

9. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Hmm so is SN still injured or not?

In any case, I'm glad that she retired then and there if she were to give a walkover in her next match, gives a chance for her opponent to play on.

10. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Just one hypothesis:

How would Saina fare against Sindhu? Imagine if Sindhu stuns Saina. All the contracts and attention would suddenly be diverted to Sindhu. This is bound to happen sometime in the future, provided Sindhu stays injury free. I am eagerly awaiting Sindhu Vs Saina match since almost a year and half but it never takes place! Could Saina be deliberately avoiding playing against Sindhu? Could this be a possibility?

11. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    They train together so they play against each other, no doubt about that... Can anyone deliberately avoid playing against any second player unless ther are no walkovers, conceding a match, the only way is You mean influencing the draws of SS,SSP events? then No body can do that apart from the officials... the only way to evade playing against each other for a player is to not participate in such tournaments, their playing against each other remains in the luck of the draws and their seeding... which they arent maintaining to avoid each other so far.... anyways you can only do that if you are no.1 and no.2 in the world by the way and even then you can avoid playing each other till the finals & if you justify your seedings you can only avoid it till the finals and atleast in the finals you play against each other... :)

12. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Going by her biography, Saina doesn't train with girls. She trains only with boys so as to compete with the quality of Chinese brigade.

13. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Why on earth would Saina be afraid to face Sindhu? Saina is still twice the player Sindhu is. One great tournament for Sindhu in China Masters doesn't change that.

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Hi Gopal, Dont waste your valuable time in replying this funny fellow.. :) He seems to be enjoying making such potshots against saina.. Let him enjoy. Afterall, he doesn't have any other valuable work other than this funny comments which he makes then and there and enjoys by himself. Ha ha.:D

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Who are you to determine who should and shouldn't reply to my posts?!

All I did was state she might not wish to play Nozomi if she still fears injury therefore she withdrew. I don't understand why she didnt bother closing out the match, that bit made no sense to me.

I'm not sure whether your pos is deliberately meant to be a personal attack or not.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    For your kind information..

“I have recovered completely now. I am playing some good badminton and hope to do well here. The field is quite challenging and no player can be underestimated,” -- This was said by Asian Junior champion Sindhu. Not Saina. Saina does not wanted her fans to get disappointed :). Thats why, despite her knee injury , she took part in the first round and let her Russian opponent a chance to play in the second round instead of winning her. Actually, she booked ticket to her home town already(even before entering Lucknow where tournament is going on) thinking of to go back on the same day when she played her first round. Hence , its not as if like LD Rules says about something(from his worthless imaginery world) which he usually tells about her and showing his valuable standards.:D

#1296 scorpion1, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  17. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

would anyone tell me how serious is Saina's knee problem? She just retired after such a comfortable leading... and if she withdraw this match on purpose, and why? I hope she is okay anyway
    In my humble view, besides WYH, She probably the only non-chinese player so far , can challenge LXR - the new queen of WS.

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Dont worry dieter_spath. She will take part in Korea open next year definitely. She does not want her fans to disappoint just by withdrawing from the tournament without playing a single match. :) Thats why, she came here to play the first round(actually she booked a ticket to her home tome already before coming to participate in this tournament). :) . If she have won the match against russian and withdrawing afterwards from the tournament , it would be a very big disappointment to the russian who played her in the first round. Thats why, she withdrew while she holds the match point and she gave opportunity to the russian to play her second round. :)

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    She is going to heal her knee problem in her home town and come back to korea to play.:)

20. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    I am actually happy that saina played till match point.This actually avoids the advantage of being fresh due to an retired opponent in the previous round and other advantages...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.