Fake victor rackets in malaysia

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by WCR 999, Feb 1, 2013.

1. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    could be :)

2. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

I cannot help thinking of this word when OP attempts to help the consumers, that is, if what he says is actually helping the consumers, let alone accuracy ;)

Fear
    mongering the use of fear to leverage the opinions and actions of others towards some end. The object of fear is sometimes exaggerated, and the use of fear mongering is often directed in a manner using repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of using this tactic in a self-reinforcing manner, like a vicious circle.

3. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Here's something I have to mention after 4 hours with a TW Victor MXJJS as compared to my recently purchased MY code. I swear there is a difference in feel. The TW somehow feels lighter. Look, I admit maybe I got it wrong....and the fact that some of you guys here have a point in regards of the issue of TW or other non MY coded rackets being original. But is it possible that the MY quality control be of better quality?? I don't know. I used to own an ARC 10 Japan and ARC 10 SP. The difference in paint job is obvious. I played with both just as hard. My brother even overdrilled the Japan version. But for some reason, the paint job is just waaay harder to chip off as compared to my SP.

Would like to hear more opinions. Are there anybody who owns similar rackets from Victor, both TW and MY code to share their experience? I would love to be enlightened on this issue, in regards.

Next question. How did the TW rackets get into the country? Pricing em at waay cheaper price as compared to our MY. How can that even be possible, without a distributer license?

4. arrowblade

arrowblade Regular Member

Can anyone share how do we identify fake Victor rackets? Any picture for comparison ?

5. nssong

nssong Regular Member

Businessman
    There is Victor product distributor in Kuching, East Malaysia. The racket MX80 is priced at RM 300 only, but not sure if it is MY or TW coded. For all the victor shuttlecocks, their company name is printed on the tube is as distributor. Since they are not focusing on sports, they didn't import full range of victor sports product. Far East in West M'sia is earning a lot a lot actually.....

6. YLfairy

YLfairy New Member

Actually Far East as a distributor for west Msia want to dominant victor market so that's y they educate their consumer that all code except MY are fake. They wanted west Msia shop dealers to purchase victor racket only from Far East only and not any other county. They give limited stock to dealers to sell or they don't even have stock for the dealers. No stocks to dealers but Far East have stock displayed in their own shop. And they are so call distributors. Call shop dealers not to sell below certain price but Far East they themselves sell lower than what shop dealers allow to sell.

Victor Taiwan should survey what and how is individual distributor is doing and not spoiling the brand since Victor already sponsoring player to bring up the brand.

7. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    I bought a second hand MY coded BS12 from someone on the forums here and on the shaft it says 'made in china,' should I be concerned? As I know Victor has factories in both Taiwan and China but my other BS12 doesn't have that on the shaft but that ones TW coded.

Can anyone confirm that other MY coded BS12 have 'Made in China' on the shaft too? Thanks.

8. lucky5508

lucky5508 Regular Member

Based on my knowledge, it is related to the quality control of the company. When the rackets are produced, not all are perfect. There will be small defect on some racket, for example, the paint chip or the weight of racket deviates for 1-2 grams. But it is impossible to ignore that. so they classified the rackets according to country code. Since the market is very huge in China, so they sell averaged-quality racket there. For malaysia/ singapore, they are selling high quality one. Victor appointed Far East as the main distributor in malaysia. so they are the sole supplier of my-coded victor racket. they try to dominate the market so they play 'dirty'. Like, when there are new models coming, they will sell first. after one month, they just send to those resellers. and they restrict on the amount the reseller want to take. Those resellers cannot 'tahan', when customers come to them, they do not have enough stock to sell. so they contact taiwan singapore reseller to get stock. So, there are tw and sg and cn code racket in malaysia. For claim, Far East only refers to my coded racket. Other country code, have to ask the reseller to claim. This is what i know. just to share. no offense.

9. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Ya, this is what I heard from my boss since I was working in badminton earlier this month. It's a very dirty trick. He should treats people equally.

10. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Maybe you should be more informed before spreading nonsense on this forum!

11. james601

james601 Regular Member

student

Hi, since you had get the racket.

Pls send me the money.

Dont keep silent there.

Thanks.

12. bmiph

bmiph Regular Member

Engineer
    What if the person buys a RM1700 air ticket to Taiwan, buys the MX JJS for less than RM500, with string, and brings the racket back? There are tourist to Taiwan from Malaysia.

13. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Then his racket will be original in Taiwan but once reached Msia shore, it is considered fake... Hahaha...

I think the issue is not about TW coded or other coded is fake anymore... Just that Far East is spreading lies to people around and some are too naive to believe it...

14. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    That was what happened to them according to what I heard ... And far east will not be the.official distributor anymore in the future,that was what the market knew in msia.