Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    What's the current conclusions on the Zymax strings then?

I'm getting the feeling from the last couple of pages they might not really be worth getting any more.

It's just I'm looking at getting a reel of something to save me a bit of money over time but I'm a student so funds are limited. I can't really afford to buy something poor first time and have to buy something else.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Don't get a full reel until you're very sure that will be your go to string. Atm I love zm62 but dang it, any mishit and it's toast.

3. Randomlegend

School
    Yeah I've had one racket strung with 62 from Dink, and it was fantastic, but I know I'd go through it too quickly for it to be affordable.

I'm not in a position where it's THAT easy to try out lots of strings. Have to have a think.

4. Randomlegend

School
    I'm getting one of my rackets strung with ZM65 to give it a try. If I like it I'll order a reel I think.

I'd love to get a machine and try stringing for myself, but I don't think realistically I have the time or money.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Me too... Will know how it plays in 26 hrs... :)

6. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

ZM62 will be my next string! May i know where normally you guys get it from? My location is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

7. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Try this guy ...

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1043231

8. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Thank you bro,

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Just tried the zm65 past week... not sure what to make of it. Being in between 62 and 67, it feels like it has a mix of the good and bad of both... which is to be expected, I suppose. But I'm still leaning towards 62 at a lower tension, to increase durability hopefully.

62 is such an addictive string. It's like a mini orgasm with each crunchy smash. :p :D

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    WOW.... worth to try then ....

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

And if you combine that by using ZM62 and a Carbonex 20 .... you should get A MASSIVE ORGASM when SMASHING .... :p

But it did not work for me though, I got it from a Gosen R4x100+Cab20sp combi instead :p

12. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

I totally agree! It's so addictive, and by far the best string at 26x28lbs(for me/playstyle) I have ever used, but durability is at a -10 over 10. :( Restringing my rackets every 6 sessions is digging a hole in my pocket.

I really wonder if Zymax 65 can offer me a somewhat close feeling to the 62 with better durability?? And how close the Zymax 65 will feel to 66Ultimax..hmmm

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Found a durable tension of 23 lb for my zm62. So far lasting me 20 hrs of play already, whereas anything over would break after 6-8 hrs on a block mishit.

Feel and power are still excellent. Drops, brushes, serve and receive, nets are outstanding. Smashes are still orgasmic. :p :D

Zm62 forever!

Ps: anyone find
    any differences
    in the various colours?

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Should read your way up from the beginning of this thread ;) ... [of course what applies to gen 1 doesn't necessarily have to apply to gen 2]

15. Randomlegend

School
    Well.....

After not being able to sing the praises of the ZM62 last week, it really came out fighting on second showing (leading me to think it was probably me off my game more than anything before).

I was properly falling in love with it....until it went ping. To be fair, I don't think this particular instance can be used to comment on it's durability. It was a miss-hit that would have taken out a piano wire of decent gauge.

I'm stuck what to do now. The NS30 was my first love, but then it's going to work out quite a lot more expensive in terms of actual length of string, but then if you factor in the length longer I suspect it'll last......gah. Decisions.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] -- I think Taneepak has mentioned in this and/or the other Zymax thread that the red is the worst, because of the dye...

In any case, Taneepak also mentioned in very strong terms that the v2 of Zymax strings were very different in composition from the v1, ergo, not as good qualitatively. Read pages 58 through 60 on this thread...

17. Randomlegend

School
    Good to know about the red, but he talks about the platinum there as a second gen (correct me if I'm wrong). I thought you could only get that as the first gen?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Thanx @demolidor @cobalt .

Yah, I must've gone thru 30 pages and nearly fell asleep. :(

From what I gather, new gen is more durable but less crisp. And that this is better for Western market, where weather is cold and dry. And seems like Eastern market has old version in platinum, which is crispy but less durable.

So red has inferior feel?

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You tell me! I've only used 67 in white (platinum?) and am loath to touch any other colour... Taneepak is a revered wise head in these matters, though like all geniuses -and I should know -ahem- - he has his detractors. :D

I string Zymax 67 at 26 lbs and the stupid thing just refuses to break! :mad:
    I'm thinking of renewing my affair with BG80 but would prefer to go with a .67 or thinner garrote. Uhhh, Adidas, maybe? Waiting for the master's review on the stuff... ;)

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm... why dont
    you try zm65? Better
    than zm67 in all aspects. :)