Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Thanks for the info! I will hunt for one :)
    Nice! Did you happen to see how much crystal mall was selling it for? They have always tended to be more expensive than tads :(

I would like to change strings to my settings, but it's my friends. I can already feel that on full power, there's not enough head momentum for me. Felt kind of like the AT900P more or less. I need them extra head heavy slow slugs!

#1601 Optiblue, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I don't remember how much it was since I already got a N90 myself didn't really look at the price, I did pickup my other N series rackets from there though, actually most of my rackets are from there (the AT700LTD I sold you as well) and their prices are quite good if you're a regular customer, I could ask for you how much the N90 is if you want.... I have 2 N90-II's with different strings on it and it does make a difference, I don't know how big of a difference it would make for you though but I think you're probably a much stronger player than me so it potentially could make a difference....

3. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Sure next time you pop by there ask for me! How are you liking the N90 over the N90II's?

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I haven't played with my N90 in awhile... I sometimes still play with the N90-II's, from memory I remember the N90 feeling great the first few games I play but after the first few games I get tired from using them as they require quite the effort to continue using them.

5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Sounds kind of like the AT700 then! You wouldn't happen to want to sell or trade for an AT900P JP would you? I really want this thing now lol

6. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

tried to send you a msg but your inbox is full, so send you a SMS instead if your phone number is same

7. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    hi li ning fans... :) i need help from u guys... i have 1 lining racket which is ultra carbon 2000A... it stated that this racket has ultra carbon tech... i would like to know:

a)does ultra carbon linin racket equivalent to high modulus graphite?
    b)does high carbon lining racket equivalent to full carbon graphite?

im sorry if this question had been raised b4 but i would like get detail info regarding this so that i may know the full criteria, durability and max tension my racket can go... i know different brand use different terms for their tech. and for all this while i assume that ultra carbon = high modulus graphite... so i hope some can correct me if im wrong :) i also search the definition of ultra carbon in sunlight website and here's some info on high carbon & ultra carbon (which didnt fully answered my question whether its equivalent to HMG or full carbon graphite)... many thanks for ur help guys...

[FONT=&quot]ULTRA-CARBON[/FONT]
    Made of ultra strong material, the racket has optimum rigidity to bear higher tension for exact and steady strokes.
    The racket made of super rigid carbon fibers with higher strength and rigidity and is bearable for more string pounds. The risk of frame deformation is also minimized.

HIGH-CARBON

The rigid carbon fiber is used to decrease the racket’s weight and improve its strength for easy control.
    The carbon fiber helps decrease frame weight considerably and ensures higher strength and rigidity. Using such material in LiNing rackets makes practise easier for novice players.

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    It's all completely meaningless drivel, and even if there was some actual info there, knowing the material won't tell you very much about durability and the tension it can take. Basically, stick to the tension LiNing says is within its warranty range if you actually want the warranty, and play and enjoy.

9. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Thanks Jasonvan for the N90! Have yet to string it up but initial impressions is that it's overall lighter than the AT700 but has a nice whip to it. As I've said before, the grommet system and frame engineering feels super dated!!! The grommets aren't special like the VT80 which are quite beefy in comparison. I took lots of pics, but I'll just post these two of my mods. I added standard Yonex U grommets to the top and bottom along with the AT900P U-Style Grommet and the AT700 grommet strip which fits decently.

With this amount of beef, Pete_LSD would be proud of the tension I'm about to subject it to :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

#1609 Optiblue, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  10. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

ooo, modding your racket? have you tested the N90 in its original form first? then you can compare for us to know too :p

11. Warlock

Warlock Regular Member

12. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Well, I guess the top part is modding, but the bottom part is just reinforcing like all my Yonex rackets! I didn't play with it in stock form as the tension wouldn't have been right for a good trial! I will be testing this thing against my AT700LTD, AT700 2nd gen, VT80, and my AT900P which are currently my top picks ranked in that order :)

#1612 Optiblue, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  13. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    For N90 user :

Does every N90 has "power armor system"(a groovy shape at top of the head. Similar with armortec from Yonex) ?

14. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    yeah it does~

15. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Hmmm... My friend and I have old batch N90. We got it with old logo bag, old logo shirt, grip,and string. But our N90 doesn't have "power armor system." I'm sure my N90 is genuine.

16. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Let me know how it plays on sat... Come to think of it, I should change to grommets on my rackets as well... But I'm lazy :p

17. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Pretty sure they all had the power armor system. Where did you buy and post some pic of all the angles and parts of the racket. I've become pretty good at for detecting fake Li Ning paint jobs now, and I'm sure other members will chime in as well :) You never know, there's so many fakes out there!
    Sure! Let you know how it goes! Yeah, upgrade them grommets, it's not that bad! At least it's a direct fitment! It doubles as extra head heavy weight too! But barely LOl

#1617 Optiblue, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  18. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    I bought at Smash Sport, Bandung, Indonesia.
    I'll take the picture later. I'm sure its original, and I hope its original :D The golden letter at the racket has "rainbow effect" if we see it from different angel.

19. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Played singles last night. Won 3-1 games. This time with my new Li-Ning N90II bought from Tads (local sport shop in Vancouver). Strung with BG85 @ 27lbs and gripped with white RKEP G09 Elite.

It felt good and easier (imho) to play with than my Yonex VT80. It was a tad bit stiffer than the VT80 but not as stiff as my Victor MX80. My friend even commented that my smashes were harder with this racket. I'm not sure if it was harder but it sure sounded nice when I smashed. But that could be due to the BG85. My net play and drops were a bit off to which I attribute to the new type of strings.

The HangYu Tournament #1 shuttles again held up to 1.5-2 games ratio. Pretty damn good shuttles for the price.

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Why on earth do you want to add those arcane grommet types??? Those are made for rackets with lower grade graphite that arent strong enough to support orinary grommetes without the graphite caving in!!!