Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In brief, the reply was to wood_22......, for certain things he said in previous posts. You're not the one who kena, naturally you wouldnt believe, never mind-loh.

And yes, your 3rd paragraph you already said at least 5 times. Same with 4th paragraph, though less times. The facts I also know, very well, already posted by everyone else + NSC & BAM comments, tak kuasa to repeat.

What does it matter to you, since in real life, there are lots of ppl who hold same view with you, including NSC, BAM, you already win mah, you want to convince me also? What difference would it make in the actual scheme of things?

#161 eaglehelang, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Actually nowadays those 'pemuda -pemudi' like ken keat n boon heong do not hav the right attitude o the attitude they suppose to hav:
    serious,patient...they hav the stamina,good environment,good coach but they are mentally weak..Rexy had did everything he can to help them..the rest is up to them..just wait n c how they can cope wif this problem..this is a challenge( cabaran ) to them,if they can bounce back,this mean they hav become more mature,more independent.. So,don always look at the negative side..:)

#162 Felicia_txh, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I believe that KKK/TBH will be split after Olympics.........

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

"Internal" source eh? :D

5. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Split??:eek:hmmm..it might be a good way...but i doubt tat Rexy will stay in Mas after OG if KKK/TBH stil going downhill...:rolleyes:he might left..

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, IMHO they shud split.
    but i hope not b4 the OG..

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Well, I'd say the pair will split before the Olympics ;)
    Tan Boon Heong might be paired with someone closer to his age.

8. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Well that would be another point of interest. If they split up, will one or both succeed? If so, is it because of personal grit and toughness, the new partnership etc.?

-dave

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That will just be impossible :eek:

Rexy WILL SEE that BOTH Koo/Tan AND Choong/Lee compete in the Olympics :cool:

At the moment, Koo/Tan are indeed going downhill and their ranking will suffer a massive blow next week, when the list is out. At the moment, they have been overtaken by Choong/Lee and become MAS No 2 MD pair. If Jung/Lee beat Choong/Lee today, then Koo/Tan will again be overtaken by the AE 2008 Champion and are officially out of the top 4 ranking.

MD TOP 5
    Kido/Hendra 80269* (excluding today's SF result)
    Fu/Cai 79993
    Choong/Lee 67809* (excluding today's SF result)
    Koo/Tan 63501
    Jung/Lee 63462* (excluding today's SF result)

However, its hard to say what will transpire after the Olympics. Fairuz/Zakry have notched some good victories lately (over Koo/Tan and Luluk/Alvent this week) and they should be MAS's no 3 pair for the Thomas Cup this May. Their ranking is also climbing up to No 11 (excluding today's SF result also).

If Choong/Lee do retire and Koo/Tan are split up post Olympics, the Fuzzy pair might find themselves holding the burden of being MAS No 1 MD pair....:eek:

MD NEXT 8
    Tony/Candra 56440
    Luluk/Alvent 56060
    Paaske/Rasmussen 51815
    Lee/Hwang 50859
    Guo/Xie 49870
    Fairuz/Zakry 49242* (excludes today's SF result)
    Sakamoto/Ikeda 48721
    Eriksen/Hansen 46219

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Please la.stop being being ordinary malaysians.
    Can i find mangal pandey here?Not Pemuda.

Its not even over yet.n we are talking about sending kkk/tbh to perak n kedah respectively.Or split them within a year.
    C'mon.Mana semangat korang?

#170 koo_fan, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    :D:D..........no comment...lets wait and see

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    They will keep them until Olympics...also they will monitor their performance also in ABC championship as well as Thomas Cup..

They may try out with some new combinations in Phillipine or Thailand Open even in Singapore SS or Indonesia Open .....lets see.....( nothing is confirmed yet)...pls dont take it as a sure thing yet

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Those are the last 4 events before the Olympics and last chance to boost their rankings for the seedings. I don't think Rexy will wanna mess their chance.

Perhaps some experimentation in the Singapore Open SS (no pts to defend) and Thailand Open GP Gold (warm up before the Olympics). However, Koo/Tan also need to win points to replace last year's Phil Open Winner (7000 pts) and Indonesia Open SS Semi-Final (6420). Not to mention the Badminton Asia Championships Runner-Up (5950). Hefty points to defend indeed...

14. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    This kind of rumour might be true.
    got 'internal' or 'external' source.i dont know.
    Literally speaking,this decision make sense.

But i do hope BAm will give a second thought.

15. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

The funny thing is when KKK cant even play his front court part well, he still wanna cover TBH? For what? If he is tat good, whatever lose shots in front wont stand a chance, it wont even get over him; the fact is KKK is not as sharp and speedy as b4. Wake up man, instead of blaming yr partner, do yr part well 1st!

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Yup, doesnt make sense to split before OG, too near.
    There were some opinions that Fuzzy pairing should also be split due Fairuz being the nervous one but they seem happy with each other. Dunno whether they can shoulder the pressure of being no 1 MD if it really happens.

If the uncles stay on after OG, wouldnt be for long too, CTF did say before if extend their playing days, only till WC 2009.
    There're a total of 5 pairs in the setup, minus uncles of course, there may be a whole revamp, i.e. the pairs being switched around.
    As you may have read, there were also calls for TBS/Ong, Gan/Lin, even the experimental Hoon/Wee Kiong to be split. Quite a pool to be experimented.

Interesting - they can try new combo during TC in May - like what the Koreans did or Msia women's team did during qualifiers. Change partners here & there to confuse opponent, since OG qualifying would be over by then.
    He he, very interesting to watch though, esp for you all at the stadium.

#176 eaglehelang, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    In kkk/tbh partnership,theres no frontman or backman.
    He is a big bro for tbh in the court.Covering tbh is like a job for him since late 2006 to early 2007.

It is changing now.A new phase for tbh.N kkk too.They are both changing now.they start early.Very early.Changing is not abnormal.they are getting matured.But though,have to experience some downfall in the journey.
    Drew barrymore start early n she dropped drastically once due to personal probs.
    Britney is superstar in her early teens n see what happen?
    2 examples that can describe how drastic triumphs will force somebody to a risk of drastic downfall.

Kkk's performance maybe a little bit dropped lately.n it is worrying.Its olympic year.But i do really think we should find out the problems first from both sides,then decide.

n about kkk put the blame tbh.What are u talking about?

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fuzzy will definitely be kept as a pair.

As for Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui....they are seriously underperforming :eek:
    The same goes for Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock.

Can try up Gan/Tan or Ong/Lin for a start.

Hoon Thien How might get a chance of being partnered back with Tan Boon Heong since they were previously World Juniors Champions.

Tan Wee Kiong can concentrate on XD.

Other junior pairs that need to perform well: Lim Khim Wah/Mak Hee Chun (or Lim is now concentrating on XD with Ng Hui Lin?) and Mohd Razif Abdul Latif/Khoo Chung Chiat.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I thought Koo Kien Keat is usually the front man, while Tan Boon Heong will be the one responsible for the big smashes from the back of the court ala Fu Haifeng :confused::cool:?

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    In a thread,kkk is one of the nominees for the best frontmen
    maybe u got a point here.

But,for me.Kkk is not a holder for a static role.Infact,i dont really see him as a good frontman.