Clean Polyester clothing ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by bluebones, Jul 4, 2012.

1. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

I have used Nikwax Base Wash in the past. Pretty effective in removing the smell build up associated with polyester type materials. Make sure you get the BASE wash rather than the other ones (tech wash etc), as this is meant for the dri fit type base layers rather than the waterproof clothing that the other types are meant for.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

i'm gonna start spraying my badminton shirt with febreeze before i put it into the laundry basket and will report back how it is after it's washed next week

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

.... and please include a picture of any rash you may develop. ;)

4. visor

visor Regular Member

I'm only spraying febreeze onto the armpit area after I wear the shirt and before I put it into the dirty laundry basket until the next wash. I don't think anyone wants a pic of my hairy armpits anyways. :p

5. bluebones

bluebones Regular Member

Guess what, I found Dettol here in the supermarket. So I tried soaking it for a bit, rinsed it and just put it in the washing machine. I will let you guys know the result.

6. bluebones

bluebones Regular Member

Wow, it is definitely better ! I just used a small amount and I definitely can't smell the stink any more. I still want to try it out on the court, cause normally it becomes worse after playing.

Anyway thanks for all the good tips so far.

Cheers

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Good that Dettol works for you... I'll be trying that next as the Febreze hasn't helped solve the problem much after the wash.

As a matter of fact, I think I see on the white fabric in the armpit area, a few dots of dark green which I can safely assume is a growing bacterial colony! :blech: