Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    attention, moderator

is this kind of post, #138 allowed in bc?

i though we are supposed to be constructive in our posting.

given the traffic for this thread these few days,

i bet there are a lot of outsiders reading:D

if this type of posting is allowed, i think i can do better than him :D

2. racquetor

racquetor Regular Member

racquetor

If MS is so great, there will be 10 LCW. Try and ask Misbun why he can only produce LCW, he will tell you it's TALENT. It's easy for CW to criticize the back-up players because he had been there done that but it is always difficult for others who are not as talented as him. Where is the psychologists who are suppose to help these young players to strengthen their mentality and break through their innermost concern and fears? He (FT) is following our Datuk Lee all the time including 24 hours on call.

If LCW leaves, back up players have no choice but to shoulder the responsibility and hopefully in given time, there will be players who can replace LCW after 2012. If no,they have to look at the current bukit jalil players. Of course without LCW, the back up players will probably have more pressure to perform and it force them out of their comfort zone. However, if they continuous unable to break through in the international level, what can BAM do? They are left without choice but to lower down their expectation until the next LCW to come out.

Meanwhile, LCW will not be tie down with the BAM policies under the coaching committee's control. He can do whatever he like and take in as many sponsorship without BAM interference. Win-win situation isn't it?

3. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

yes, and we'll see how many long he can survive outside BAM's umbrella, i.e. low quality sparring partners.
    dun take taufik as example, taufik is natural talent while datuk is grinded one.

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    you are right misbun will say its talent and hard work to make it to the top :)

he is always against the idea of selecting a player based on winnings or physically fitter player at the younger age.

for him, talented players ain't born with good physical :)

5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Not be harsh here, but i think pralinescream, you must choose your words carefully and show some respect to Datuk Misbun and Datuk LCW. Suprisingly as a Malaysian citizen by yourself (looking from your profile), if you have a heart and love playing badminton, you would know that their achievements and contribution to the nation are huge and don't let any of their past failure and whatever issue that's happening now overshadow that.

Understandably, maybe we are frustrated about such scenario happens and having this forum, will be one way to express it, but then its better to be constructive then disrespectful to those who contributed so much.

6. flite

flite Regular Member

Agreed! Whenever a country or organization is crisis laden there tends to be critics jumping out of nowhere and worst of all only has destructive comments to offer. Where were you or what have you posted when MS and LCW brought glories to the country?

No doubt this is an open forum but don't take that as an excuse to blast-out whatever you have on mind without taking into consideration the feelings of many other members here. An open forum itself doesn't justify the harsh comments you had.

Now Mr. Pralinescream what solution you have? Kindly share with us.

7. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    i think we can compare this situation in football clubs when the board aka owner (BAM) make changes wihout asking managers aka coaches (some clubs use coaches instead of manager but the roles still the same) (Misbun).
    Of course they hv the right to do so but in the end it still affect the coaches and players...
    As always happened when the coaches are not happy with teh board aka owner, they can resign
    with some players arent happy and some are ok with changes...
    whatever reasons for they are doing, i am sure they are not telling all of them to the papers...

again i am pretty sure whatever that are written here 80% of them are mere speculation and litte facts-back-up
    therefore dont get too too over emotional when critizing sth/sum1 coz u dont know what u're talking about even u think u knew....
    let be reminded..here is just SPECULATION, OPINION so just be rational with them and see what will happen next...

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If it's for national interest, BAM should consult with coaches and players

National interest? :confused::confused::confused:

If it's for national interest, BAM should consult with coaches and players in their decision making. If thinking that they (BAM) are the boss, I would say it is for BAM interest (not for coaches and/or players).

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

MS and LCW are both clowns

Perhaps our pralinescream is a clown; saying that MS and LCW are both clowns. :p:p:p

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Just go back to all postings made by any BCer, and you shall know

Just go back to all postings made by any BCer, and we shall know. :):):)

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Though I am a mid level manager in my company, my big bosses never consulted me in the company's direction... weird... boleh?

12. bogensaebel

student
    your company is your boss'es interest whereas BAM sud be national/people/fan interest, is't?

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Different between BAM & Chealse FC or Man City is that BAM belong to the gomen & those who run it dont use their own money!

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Now u say "National Interest"... Didn't I emphasize the same thing on the "national interest"? So who defines the terms "national interest"? The BAM boards/committees? Coaches/Players? MAS fans? or least, the BC forummers? haha... boleh?

15. bogensaebel

student
    what i said is what is happening at the moment...but BAM at least shud be reminded about that ;)

I think everyone want to think they are thinking/doing for the national interest...but IF the case is like mentioned before where BAM is doing changes without consulting coaches and players, this is sure less national insterest, is't?;) more like comittee ego..

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Weird... boleh?

No wonder that you couldn't see the difference between going in "the direction where the whole team/company wishes to go" and "the direction where just the boss alone wants to go". :p:p:p

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Let's be patient and wait for things to settle down which may take a few days. Some members can't wait and started to speculate and give their own opinions where most of them are rubbish. I suggest cooling down and enjoy the SS Finals first.

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

If the bosses (BAM boards/committees) and employees (coaches/players) do NOT see eye to eye, it's the best for them to apart. Hold no one for ransom... leave amicably...

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Hold no one for ransom... leave amicably...

Aiya... You missed the point again. :p:p:p

This is why Misbun has decided to quit.

20. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hmmm....

well, well, well.... more additional pages after office hour... and what do we have here... some guests pouring out hatred and oh dear, those brainless hates... :cool: I know I shouldn't bother but unlike MS who is a very patience man, I can't accept these bashing especially from someone who even dare to write MAS as his country... again, I know the intention is just to provoke but seriously dude, do you see us smiling?:rolleyes: :cool:

[Dear Mods, please pardon me;)]

These words:

- LCW has grinded talent only (say who? you? and we are suppose to second that lousy opinion? Even to read it choke me :rolleyes:)
    - These datuks are clowns with bigger ego after getting datuk for their failures? (what about shah rukh khan given datuk without no contribution whatsoever to Malaysia... his fault meh? If you don't understand what failure means, don't use it. They got the datukship for WINNING the SILVER medal. I don't see they GOT it after FAILING to get EITHER medal in OLYMPIC.:rolleyes: Again, why la want to argue... it was granted, both men didn't request for it, haiya!)
    - Both datuk lee and datuk misbun are famous chokers & selfish, greedy men. (Choke who? you? :cool: Selfish?! Greedy?! That is more like a selfish, baseless comment:rolleyes:)
    - datuk lee, cannot even win a major title and only know how to collect lotsa $$$ arnd the super series circuit. (*shake my head time and time again* even him earns a living also you wanna argue. Jealous kah your cent is much smaller than his?)
    - Turning high-potential young lee chong wei into a greedy money grabbing player.(Again, refer above comment *shaking my head again*. If LCW is greedy over HIS HARD-EARN cash, who are you to stop him!:cool:)
    - If morten or mao continued to coach lee, then we may have already an olympic gold, thomas cup or even the watered-down world championship.(Sure meh? Even Morten assisted PG, he won olympic kah? :confused: - no offense to PG and Morten ;))
    - Then is it a form of black mail, now having BAM and ministers all scrambling to appease the 'hurt' feelings of these two datuks! (these blackmail (like you said) is a way to teach BAM and all the useless ministers some lesson. Only know politic here and there... haiya if you Malaysian, should know better... but I guess you don't know any better:cool:)

Conclusion:

I only enjoy we speculating up till page 7... then after the eye-sore reading, will wait for new updates/news ....