AT900 - T/P Fans Club!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Sep 18, 2007.

1. KazeCloud

KazeCloud Regular Member

Student
    So to the 3U At-900P users, how does the 2U or 3U Ti-10 Long Old compare with the At-900P?

2. DevilG

DevilG Regular Member

Just got my 3U AT-900T with BG80 25lbs.

Don't really feel good on my first play with it. Quite difficult to get to the sweet spot (sweet spot seems to be small). And when I got to the sweet spot, it gave me really "hollow" sound and feel, and the shuttle didn't fly far as expected.

Hope that I can get use to this racket soon.

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    U will..i used to feel the same about my 4U AT900T as well..but lastly,i got used to it,n found out that it's one hell of a racket.

4. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Just bought an AT900P TW 3U,G5..felt impressed by it.But i think i still have to get used to the racket,to really make it show its real face..

5. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    still waiting for your review on your new racquet smichz

6. arnold16890

arnold16890 Regular Member

my at900T 3UG4 just arrived in the mail today!
    its the MOST BEAUUUTIFUL racket ever!
    strung with nbg95 at 23, we'll see how it plays tomorrow~

7. Ashock

Ashock New Member

I got AT900T4UG5 recently. I come from a Winex Ti Limited Edition 01. The AT swings slower than my Winex and my arm/shoulder gets tired much faster on smashes. Used to be 22# string tension w/ Winex, now 24# w/ AT900T. Any ideas?

8. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    lolz mb it's ur winex a lot lighter than the at900t which is head hvy..dunno the specs on the winex ti

9. Ashock

Ashock New Member

The Winex is a balanced racket, probably on the headlight side. Weight tho, the AT900T actually weights 5grams less than the Winex on the scale.

10. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    well..if u say it is headlight then of course u can swing it faster than ur at900t..espicially if u use ur at900t for 30 mins then switch bak to ur winex u can feel u swing faster ne way~..=)

if u do find ur AT hvy..my suggestion is to build some wrist power..cuz the at900t can be realli deadly when used rite..heh~

11. arnold16890

arnold16890 Regular Member

yupp love my new 900t
    coming from at700, this 900 is easier to maneuver

12. nipoy

nipoy Regular Member

college student
    I'm planning on buying an AT900T 3U myself. But, is it available in G5 or G4 size? As to what I've read here, I only see a 3U G3.

13. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

Armortec 900 Technique come in G3, G4 and G5. But you have to get the region right. Asian market is usually G4 or G5. European market for example, has lots of G3.

Just look around, either in online shops, local shops or in the Buy-and-Sell Forum here. You'll definitely be able to find a racket of your choice.

Good luck!

14. pw2002

pw2002 Regular Member

I finally got my AT900 Technique in 3U G5 and I'm still not so sure how I feel about it. I like the smashing power and everything but so far I'm still underwhelmed. Maybe I'm just moving away from head heavy racquets in terms of my preference. Anyway it's still a good racquet but I'm much happier with my El Cheapo Wilson K-Strike.

nipoy, I suggest that you get a friend to buy it for you in HK at Rose Sports Equipment in Henessy Road or the one in Kowloon side. It's much much cheaper than what you'll get it for in Manila. It's about 1,200 HK ($150 US) than what it costs here which is something like 10,500 pesos ($250 US, give or take).

15. nipoy

nipoy Regular Member

college student
    Yeah... tnx for the advice. I'm actually ordering it online from wingeesports.

16. ahmeh

ahmeh Regular Member

student
    i also just got my AT900P 3UG5.......n strung with BG66 26lbs.........i m kinda doubt with my grip size i just used it for a time but dun really can feel n evaluate the performance.....actually i been asking this in many threads........do grip size affected the performance in sense of smashing power?

because i m owning a mp44 3UG4 and a ti-7 light 3UG5.............i felt tht i have a greater power with my mp but less at ti-7 light.........both are head light even......n strung with bg66 and same tension which is 26lbs...

BUT obviously when come to smashing power my mp44 is more powerful...this is because of different racquet or different grip or actually is pschological problem? wat do u guys think? as i know grip do go wtih preference as stated in many threads..but do they have different...

some say smaller grip give more control while thicker give more power...while some (vice versa)...some even say an elite player always go with a smaller grip....so how how??

17. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Once you get used to the fast swing speed, you'll be able to smash as hard as before, and be able to generate power much faster and easier. I find using my AT900T 4U and AT700 3U, the AT900T produces around the same amount of power, and comes easier. AT700 more powerful, but takes a bigger swing.

18. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If the grip is so small that your hands can't hold it tight enough, then it's too small. I thought my former AT500 3UG5 was powerless, until I made the grip bigger, so the racquet doesn't slip around when I make a powerful stroke. If G5 is too small for you, then add another grip over it and see whether you feel more comfortable.

Remember, the right grip size will give you more power than the "most powerful" grip size.

19. pw2002

pw2002 Regular Member

I'm still not sure if I like my AT900T or I don't! Maybe I should have gotten it in 4U so I wouldn't have had that much trouble with the weight. As a female, I've noticed that most of the female pros use the Nanospeed because of the ease of defense. I think I'll just borrow my cousin's NS9000 and see if he's willing to trade.

20. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yes and no.

Many China female players switched from Nanospeed 9000 type S to Armortec 900 technique, probably 4U.

e.g. Zhu Lin, Yang Wei, Du Jing & Yu Yang.

If you want to get nanospeed 9000, get the type S 3U. Still used by Xie Xingfang..