Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by badMania, Jul 29, 2011.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think this young boy (turning 16 next week) deserves a thread of his own now.

As many INA fans have observed since last year, Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo is going to be another talented MD player in years to come. He already has some impressive results in domestic circuits for his tender age of 16. In fact, he will turn 16 in a few days time and if he can win this first international title, it will be a BIG BIRTHDAY PRESENT for young Kevin! Singapore has been a good hunting ground for him too. He and his former partner Arya Maulana Aldiartama also reached the Final of the Singapore Youth International 2010, losing to the Jaya Raya pair Hafiz Faizal/Putra Eka Rhoma (yet another young talent in MD). He also won 3 medals: Gold, Silver, and Bronze at the ASEAN School Games also held in Singapore just last month. His Gold Medal was in XD and he partnered Felix Kinalsal for the Silver Medal in MD.

I heard that Kevin is the most "crafty" or "licik" player out of the many BD pairs under the care of Sigit Budiarto. He has many tricks up his sleeves in terms of troubling and frustrating his opponents. The problem is now to find a suitable partner for him to compete in AJC & WJC next year as Lukhi may not be eligible.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kevin's results in BD (U-19) with Lukhi Apri Nugroho this year:
    WINNER of Djarum Sirnas Jakarta 2011 (arguably the most competitive Sirnas)
    SF of Djarum Sirnas Bengkulu 2011 & Indocok-SPECS Walikota Surabaya Cup 2011
    QF of Djarum Sirnas Bandung 2011

R16 of Victor Indonesia International Challenge 2011

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ina should be able to win ajc or even wjc next year since mas(until now) doesn't have a top pair for next year
    all the best to kevin tomorrow

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Some photos of Kevin/Lukhi when winning their SF match in Singapore International Series 2011.

pice68a15e735.jpg pic9fff4ddb.jpg picba50ee64f.jpg piccea8a9e0416.jpg

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Too bad, Kevin did not win the title as he and Lukhi lost to the more experienced Agripinna Primarahmanto Putera/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon.

Never mind, more training and once Kevin competes in the Adult category (which I think should happen this year), he will gain more experience in playing against his seniors (just like he did playing against his U-19 seniors).

6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Pictures taken from pbdjarum website.....

pic14f1d238c840.jpg
    penyerahan-medali.jpg

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Lukhi/Kevin only progress until semifinal at Kejurnas 2011.

pic02b7e577f.jpg picafb5770bc7.jpg picf424fb45749.jpg

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Bumping this thread up.

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo just won his second consecutive Sirnas Jakarta title, this time with yet another new partner Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho.

Kevin has indeed grown from last year and he has more international experience now since last year's inclusion in the WJC squad.

These are his full results in 2011 & 2012 with different partners:
    with Lukhi Apri Nugroho (W18 L7):
    WINNER of Djarum Sirnas Jakarta Open XXV 2012 (beat Kenas Adi Heryanto/Sigid Sudrajad 21-19, 21-19)
    R16 of Djarum Sirnas Reg II. SGS PLN Bandung 2011 (lost to Alfian Eko Prasetya/Bayu Prasetyo 20-22, 20-22)
    RUNNER-UP of Singapore International Series 2011 (lost to Markus Fernaldi Gideon/Agripinna Prima Rahmanto Putra 17-21, 9-21)
    R16 of Victor Indonesia International Challenge 2011 (lost to Izumu Okoshi/Hiroki Takeuchi [13] 19-21, 12-21)
    QUALIFYING of Bankaltim Indonesia Open GP Gold 2011 (lost to Praveen Jordan/Didit Juang Indrianto 21-19, 12-21, 18-21)
    QF of Yonex BWF World Junior Team Championships 2011 (lost to Akira Koga/Taichi Saito [13] 13-21, 19-21)
    R16 of BWF World Junior Championships 2011 (lost to Nelson Heg Wei Keat/Teo Ee Yi [3/4] 17-21, 19-21)
    SF of Yonex-Sunrise Kejurnas PBSI Perorangan Taruna 2011 (lost to Edi Subaktiar/Arya Maulana Aldiartama [4] 21-18, 18-21, 16-21)

with Felix Kinalsal (W13 L5):
    RUNNER-UP of ASEAN School Games 2011 - Individual Event (lost to Calvin Ong Jia Hong/Tan Wee Gieen 23-21, 17-21, 7-21)
    R32 of BNI Astec Open VII 2011 (lost to Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma [1] 18-21, 23-21, 20-22)
    WINNER of Pertamina Open V 2011 (beat Ihsan Adam Wirawan/Jusan Ahmad [5/8] 21-17, 21-12)
    SF of Dutch Junior 2012 (lost to Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma 19-21, 21-14, 14-21)
    R32 of German Junior 2012 (lost to Kasper Antonsen/Sebastian Colberg [3/4] 17-21, 21-16, 15-21)
    R16 of Banuinvest International 2012 (lost to Lauren Constantin/Sebastian Vincent [1] 16-21, 22-20, 17-21)

with Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho (W4 L0)
    WINNER of Djarum Sirnas Flypower Jakarta Open 2012 (beat Hantoro/Arsya Isnanu Ardi Putra [8] 21-15, 21-16)
    and we shall see them again next week in Djarum Sirnas Flypower SGS PLN Jabar 2012.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Typo in one of the result should be:
    QF
    of BWF World Junior Championships 2011 (lost to Nelson Heg Wei Keat/Teo Ee Yi [3/4] 17-21, 19-21)

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I also forgot to include the 2 earlier results with Lukhi in Sirnas Bengkulu & Indocock-SPECS Walikota Surabaya Cup 2011.

Total record with Lukhi Apri Nugroho in 2011 (W24 L9):
    SF of Djarum Sirnas Reg. V Gubernur Bengkulu Open 2011 (lost to Ade Yusuf/Rizky Hidayat [2] 18-21, 21-15, 19-21)
    SF of Indocock-Specs Walikota Surabaya Cup 2011 (lost to Edi Subaktiar/Arya Maulana Aldiartama [5/8] 14-21, 17-21)

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes, he is indeed very impressive, he has a lot of trick shot as well. Another value added point is that he did not get nervous easily. I have watched his action in live a few years a go..He is indeed a talented BD. I hope Djarum could find a suitable partner for him...

13. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    yesterday, i watched him play against the cirebon's pair (PB Arena)....
    one thing that i watched closely is about how Kevin can read the opponent's game play really well..
    he tried to remember the opponents habit in returning every shot.

the winning point is one of the result, one of cirebon player is very bad in service return, kevin know where the shot will be placed and he runs even almost before the opponent made the return shot and then "bang", he made an early shot in front the net to kill the shuttle.

nothing to say more, find him the best smasher and he will be the next INA MD Hero if he also keep his good attitude !

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is indeed a gifted ability..

15. peranzz

peranzz Regular Member

college student
    i don't know much about this pair,but having read at your thread this pair is awesome,,cant wait for the further achievements

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I just cannot help but think what will the outcome be if Jones Ralfy Jansen is paired with Kevin, instead of Jones going to Europe. Jones is a hard-smasher and he did relatively ok with Dandi 2 years ago in AJC (winning a Bronze). Too bad, we lost yet another talent in him....sigh.

17. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    indeed, jones is very talented...
    i feel so sad also when he chose to go to germany :(
    i always think that he may be one of the most talented baseline player we have right now....
    but never mind, we have so many good MD talents....
    i still think that for next year AJC/WJC, so far, raffi is the right partner for kevin...
    let see how they fare against the much more senior pair in open/dewasa category...
    no need to play in U-19 anymore... it will be good also for raffi to learn more.... it will also excel their progress faster....
    one good thing, with felix kinalsal, kevin/felix never beat hafiz/putra, but with raffi, kevin beat hafiz/putra easily....

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kevin/Rafi will be competing in both the Candra Wijaya MD Championships (still in U-19) and INA SSP Qualifying Round.

Can they do a hattrick of winning the title in CWMDC 2012? As for the INA SSP, a rubber-set will suffice for me in their first match at SSP level (albeit in qualifying).

After that, Kevin will be training in Pelatnas and get acquainted with Alfian Eko Prasetya for the AJC campaign. A tall order for Kevin and a modest target of QF (equalling last year's WJC result) will probably suffice for me.

19. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Have see Kevin at Kejurnas Riau, very tricky at court.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He's considered to be the most tricky of all of the young BD players in PB Djarum. And I believe he's the most talented as well, esp his net coverage.