Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    lyb try to get more medals in og 2012 or try to make the players help themselves each other against and eliminating the players from other countries :D
    example the players/pairs from chn won over their opponents in the og 2012 and last i mean final will be chn vs chn.. do the weak one will give a walkover ? kkkkkkkk

im still disappointed even i didn't buy the ticket only watch it from the tv..
    so sad lindan.. i really want to see you trashing cj..

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Chen Jin's expression : Bro, they don't buy your story. Sorry.

In Singapore, usually money collected won't be refunded.

There are some truth in this.

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    LD is not comfortable to play. if there is a need to let CJ wins on Singapore Open 2011, he might as well lower his gear to 3. hits the shuttlecock wide or into net. England Open's style?

4. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Because Cai and Fu if included in the ploy might look too obvious besides the singles are really the ones facing an uphill battle with so many waiting in the flanks.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I think its still a 'HE', he uses 'Miss Boon' to make it sounded like ' Misbun'............hahahaha

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of NST.

Even the writer is not convinced.

Badminton / Singapore Open: Lin Dan pullout mars show

2011/06/20
    K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nstp.com.my
    Share|

[​IMG]
    Lin Dan (left) of China stands in front of the spectators to announce his pullout from the Singapore Open men’s singles final while compatriot Chen Jin looks on yesterday. — AFP picture

IT is not unusual to see China ace Lin Dan conceding a walkover in a tournament but it is the first time he has done so in a final and allowed compatriot Chen Jin to record his first title in almost a year in the Singapore Open yesterday.

Tournament referee Ernest Robinson confirmed that Lin Dan was unable to play in the final due to gastroenteritis but the Olympic champion was nonetheless booed by the spectators. He put on a brave front and apologised to them.

"I can understand the reaction from the crowd. I will come again next year to Singapore," said Lin Dan.

It's interesting to note that Lin Dan did the same during the Malaysia Open quarter-finals in January where he conceded a walkover to Chen Long, claiming an abdominal muscle injury which made it easier for Lee Chong Wei to capture the title. However, Lin Dan made a quick recovery to deny Chong Wei the Korea Open crown the following week.

Chong Wei had learnt his lessons and decided to skip the German Open in March to focus on his All England title defence.

Lin Dan went on to win the German Open, beating Chen Jin but the former was at the receiving end, going down to Chong Wei in the All England final.
    Knowing it' was virtually impossible to win back-to-back titles, Chong Wei wisely skipped the Singapore Open to go for the Indonesia Open which starts today in Jakarta.

It remains to be seen if an ailing Lin Dan will make his customary super fast recovery to challenge Chong Wei in Jakarta before the World Championships in London on Aug 8-14.

Lin Dan has not officially withdrawn from the Indonesia Open, which will only be known today.

Read more: Badminton / Singapore Open: Lin Dan pullout mars show http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/...n_LinDanpulloutmarsshow/Article#ixzz1PmbsmZoy

7. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

everybody is entitled to their own opinions.
    well in my opinion, Malaysian mainstream media is plain rubbish and mockery of true journalism.

Super Dan was genuinely humble and gentleman to step forward and apologized to the fans.
    He did that even though he was ill, as verified by the tournament doctors.

Instead of honoring him as a champion sportsman, he is condemned.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The moral of the story? Don't cry wolf too many times

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..which means, LD doesn't have much if any choice, does he??..

10. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

is it the same way latok lee and kooky-ah heong brings up the hopes of boleh-land each time before major tourneys, only to fail each time.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think you completely missed the point. We're in the LD thread and talking about LD. Don't change the subject.

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

He was condemned even more because he did step forward and apologized to the fans...in person. If he's well enough to walk out and talk, he should be well enough to play a game of badminton. I know I know, perhaps a bit harsh, but I hope the point is made.

Fact is, if this was the Olympic Games Gold Medal match against Lee Chong Wei, Lin Dan would never concede a walkover unless his eyes were burnt out and his legs amputated. The Singaporean crowd (and many BC members) "hate" him for "thinking so little" of the Singapore Open, among other reasons.

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, Cry wolf too many time.........even just after SF....I have predicted this match fixing and its happened, he deserved the condemn !!

14. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

You're ignorant as ever.

Please shut up if you don't know anything.

15. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Even if he was trying to be humble, it was akin to rubbing the salt on fans' wound. :cool:
    I don't know if so many case of match forfeiting occur in any other sport (at such level, by players of such caliber). In other sports it would be called match-fixing but then who would want to annoy Chinese in badminton.:rolleyes:
    Personally, when it is all China match in badminton, it is time for me to give my eyes rest for the next match.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Sorry, if my comments about LD make you and all LD's fans feel uneasy..............

17. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Do you people honestly think he wanted the WO? Having gotten so close as to claiming the first ever title in south east asia?

Give him a break man.

18. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

take it easy. many ppl cannot accept that Super Dan will ever get injured or succumb to food poisoning.

19. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

On a side note I find it interesting that in the subsequent final matches in Singapore Open 2011 after the WO by Lin Dan how you anti-CHN fans and die-hard MA fans would vent your anger on the other two CHN doubles pairs by booing them endlessly and overwhelmingly supporting the KOR and INA doubles pairs, even when they're not even of the MA team. More interesting still, the two CHN pairs won their matches and titles regardless of the negative support. Now that is sportmanship.

LD came to the SG Open to gain points to qualify for the OG 2012. He reached the finals and gave up in the end due to his illness. At least he got what he came for (the points) and chose to rest early for this week's Indonesia Super Series. The fans who were disappointed to be not able to witness LD's final play were still able to witness the determination of the two subsequent doubles pairs. Personally I find that more satisfying than overcrowding to Thomas Cup 2010 to cheer for LCW and his promise that "[he] has not lost to LD before on home soil in Malaysia" and then witness him being cleanly defeated (I refuse to use the word trash). At least All England 2011 was a better experience with LCW truly putting effort into dethroning LD once in a major event.

20. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The same people had also nearly condemned LCW (since they're MA fans they just can't do it for sure) for his previous loses due to injuries and food poisoning cases.

My goodness.