Voltric 3 or voltric 5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by darpanchoudhary, Oct 9, 2012.

1. darpanchoudhary

darpanchoudhary Regular Member

student
    I played 3 doubles match with my voltric 5 and in all of them i was all the time attacking,my smashes were not that powerful as dey must be from an extremely head heavy racket such as my vt 5,but even after smashing again and again dere was no pain in my arm..I enjoyed playing even dobles with my racket :D.So this means my arm nd wrist have adjusted temselves to my new racket....i feeeling 2 gudddddddd.
    But is the string due to which i am not able to smash with my head heavy racket or is it something else?Also when i shake my racket i hear some sound coming from it as if some grommet is loose or broken,but wen i checked for any broken grommet dere was none..so is dere any serious issue with my racket or what????I do not hear dis sound while playing,i hear it only when i bring it near my ears and shake my racket...please tell me is dere any problem in my racket?
    Also tell me does nylon shuttle harm racket's frame when it strikes the frame or it is no harm?

2. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Good to know you enjoy playing with the racket. Lesser power in smash could be due to the strings. May be your older racket strings were at less tension and hence yielding more power. New rackets will have tighter (well, tighter than strings loosened by playing), and hence you may find a somewhat harder feeling hit.

As for the sound, it could be broken piece of grommet which went into the hollow of the frame. That should not be a problem with the racket. Unless that grommet totally disintegrates. I'm guessing string without grommet will touch the frame and may not be good for the frame? :confused:

Any shuttle that hits the frame can likely cause paint chips. If you exceed the string tension specified for the racket then frame hit can even crack the frame. Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

3. darpanchoudhary

student
    I dont prefer tension over 22lbs or so,hence dat is not a problem. I checked all the grommets of my racket,dey all appeared to be all ok..so at else can be the reason for the sound?

4. darpanchoudhary

student
    I dont prefer tension over 22lbs or so,hence dat is not a problem. I checked all the grommets of my racket,dey all appeared to be all ok..so what else can be the reason for the sound?

5. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

I have a cheap Cosco racket which makes similar sound, and on physical inspection grommets are not damaged. I'm not sure what's causing the issue either. It could be during manufacture or stringing broken grommet entered the hollow of frame, but then a good grommet was installed and externally all appears fine. But anyway I don't think that will have any impact on the racket in any way.

6. darpanchoudhary

student
    I am searching for a low end yonex racket....my style of play is attacking,although i own a voltric 5 but still i want to go for a new racket of course at the low end side of yonex series....So please suggest me some rackets which i can go for..i dont want to go for voltric..I can go for NANOSPEED,CARBONEX,ARCSABER,NANORAY..so suggest accordingly

7. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

The absolute low-level (in terms of price) rackets from their respective range:
    Nanospeed 100
    Carbonex 8000 Ti
    Arcsaber 002
    Nanoray 20

Needless to say, all these rackets have a different feel. At least I can confirm that between NS 100, CAB 8000 Ti and ARC 002, there was a distinctive difference.

You should try out the swing and choose the one that comes closest to your VT 5, so you don't have to adjust your swing/timing when you swap rackets.

8. darpanchoudhary

student
    Arcsaber 002 and
    Nanoray 20 both are out of my bugdet,..Will it be difficult for me to adapt to an oval shaped racket ???And also tellme how is the carb 8000 plus?

9. darpanchoudhary

student
    Also tell me about muscle power 5 and muscle power 7...

10. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Let me give you ONE ULTIMATE SUGGESTION and dont bother trying anymore or even upgrading in the future: Go get a CARBONEX 20 (or 20SP in South Asia) ... that will be the ONE racquet you ever need for the rest of your badminton life !!

I have the NS100, Cab 8000Ti and Cab20sp ... and each time when I start to get "serious" , it is the Cab20sp that steps forward.

Don't look down on Oval racquets even if it is an "older design". OVAL shape racquet requires a higher level of skill, touch control and finesse to play as the sweet spot is smaller but when you hit it, it will give the BEST SOLID FEEL ever ... isometrics (with bigger sweet spot but LESS FEEL) are designed for BRUTE FORCE players who just like to smash.

11. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Oval shape racket head has smaller sweet spot, and hence you really need to work on your consistency to be able to get the best out of it. Mishits (off-center) will be very bad, and unless you hit the sweetspot you won't enjoy the strokes.

IMO CAB 8000 Ti and 8000 Plus will be similar in weight, feel and balance.

Wrt MP 5 or 7 they are very basic in nature and don't have complete carbon fibre shaft+frame. Also they are quite a bit heavier (IIRC 2U) than VT 5.

@maxout - he's looking for rackets that are even cheaper than VT 5. So CAB 20 must be way out of his budget.

12. darpanchoudhary

student
    Thank you for your advice,but carb 20 is way out of my bugdet.....

13. darpanchoudhary

student
    So which racket i can go for ?Any titanium series racket to suit my budget???

14. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

I doubt you will get any full-carbon graphite rackets below the price of Arc 002, and NS 100 from Yonex.

I haven't had much experience with Cosco, but you may keep them as an option. I had Cosco CBX-750/850 as my options when I was looking for new racket sometime back.

15. darpanchoudhary

student
    Finally i bought an arcsaber002 today.Enjoyed playing with it :)

16. darpanchoudhary

student
    Finally i bought an arcsaber002 today.Enjoyed playing with it:)