Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Have to agree. I was watching the game from above. What I see is Cai/Fu already moving to cover shots before the shuttle is hit by Tan/Koo when Cai/Fu want to raise their game. Either Cai/Fu have reached a higher level of badminton awareness that is above all other pairs. or Cai/Fu are very used to the shots that Tan/Koo make. I.e. the Tan/Koo pairing are predictable. Obviously, Tan/Koo are still good but yes, can they get to become the best is debatable.

Other countries have also changed their pairings. If the TBH/KKK combination doesn't work out, then M'sia are going to be stuck. Splitting KKK/TBH into new partnerships will mean having lost time over other countries.

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    This is really something & I believe CBA able to do that, considering they have molded Chen Long to be so ready with LCW attack.

Nonetheless, i have nothing to be complained about KKK/TBH. They have raised their game in the OG and being quite consistant prior OG is really something. What i notice at yesterday match is that KKK is not as sharp as CY at front of the net, hence CHN pair have more opportunity to attack. Everytime KKK tries to make the game changing from defensive to attacking, CY in most of the time able to change it in CBA duo's favor again. In short, KKK is not as fast as CY, if he wants to somewhat compete in the same rhythm as CY in the front court, he needs to cut down some Body fat, being as lean as CY.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Actually BAM has been trying to do that, split kkk/tbh ... for quite many years already :D

Watching their encounter was like knowing the end results

even before the umpire say 'play' :p

they have to split definitely :eek:

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Or maybe 1st or 2nd round??:eek: :eek:

5. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I didn't say I wasn't satisfied... I just said this is as good as it gets for Koo/Tan(reaching semis/finals on consistent basis) and that Koo/Tan fans shouldn't expect them to be world champions or consistent super series winners...

in fact, I implied that I am already satisfied because I know this is the best they can do...

-------

#2125 julianng, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  6. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I think this is a never ending argument... It is very clear whether in this thread, this forum or other forums, there are basically two groups of ppl. One is those who think that KKK/TBH should have been better, should have been the world no.1 and did not performed to their best... another group is very supportive of them, satisfied with their recent semi finals/finals achievements..

So.. it is just not going to end... why not we just respect one another's opinion on them. Different ppl have different expectation, some higher, some lower. I for one thinks that they should have done better and not waste their chances. They already wasted few years after they first going downhill due to miscommunication between them. If you watch them play, you can see that they can play much better if they talk more on court, encourage each other more. But once they get slightly pissed with the poor performance of their partner, the game is gone case...

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Sir, we have been discussing this split thing since...since... for years already BUT BAM want to give chance till WC 2013

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Maybe they can change their playground to lower ranked tournament, i.e. GP or even IC, see whether they can win or not.

If do not want people critise / demanding, dont become badminton player in Malaysia. Can choose other sports like Lawn Ball, Snooker, guli etc where less focus from people in Malaysia. Win or lost nobody will care and less stress also.

I have been so long didnt watch this pair play. Cannot tahan everytime have to throw my cup to my Samsung LED TV while watching their face and their so-called creative, entertaining and skillful type of play style.

They are very lucky. Born in Malaysia, play for Malaysia. As a Bolehland, we give chances and chances, especially for badminton shuttlers. And also not to forget, excuse and excuse.

Lets hope they can win another 1 or 2 SS titles before their retirement. This is more realistic.

This pair have more than enough chances being given to hope that they can rise again.

9. Leong_Seng_Chi

Leong_Seng_Chi New Member

accountant
    they are malaysia's best hope. never give up on them!

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i thought it was ur remote control?
    now u throw ur cup also ah?
    the nescafe wasted:D

11. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Oh, a cup of nescafe is much more cheaper than a remote control to be replaced.:D

12. maxout

maxout Regular Member

But the coffee can kaput the LED TV! :eek:

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Finally i realise that TV is much much expensive than the cup and the remote. So, i quit watching them play to save my money on replacing my cup, my nescafe and my TV.:)

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think what we will see is a pattern of semifinal/final and possibly SS wins short term as other pairings from other countries settle down and develop. Later, the other countries pairs will catch up an overtake TBH/KKK.

15. Ython

Ython Regular Member

They already commit if cannot make it to WC2013 final will split. So give them chance make some more money before too old. Right now better look at what they can improve. I think you guys have a lot suggestions. I think they have courage enough to commit this unless WC2013 no top player playing.

16. eaglehelang

COnsider better already. Last time he wanted to smash his TV, even more wasted :p

17. eaglehelang

Correct, Correct, esp if paper cup :D

18. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    the best, fast and easiest way to get result is to ask bwf to score differently, a point for a save between the legs, 2 points for hitting from behind the body, 5 points for winning a rally from defense. and ya....15 points if making a over head cross court drop at the net.

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

you read my mind lol... this is his problem.. he plays too fancy.

20. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    You must be concrete mad :D