Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    hey Vien, I sent my entry form in - geee $71 bucks man :eek: For that price, I hope we get massages between sets from supermodels or something:p

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    How many event are you playing? .. I entered 3 and it only cost me $45
    It'll be worth it if we clean sweep the X Grade trophies ;)

3. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Well both doubles, a single, a mixed = 4 events + non Bad Vic registration fees

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Results of Titan vs Southern Star interclub match

Hey Ash, can you put up the results of all the grades.

I only know B grade were whipped 2-8. Don't worry though, Titans can count on the Vien/Anthony combination which didn't faulter despite the SS onslaught:D

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Blame Ashley for the whipping ... he organised the teams .. why would you leave the C-Champs out of C grade, i just dont understand the logic behind that decision :confused:
    .. and putting himself in A grade and Carl into B grade .. what was Ash smoking when he decided that was a good idea :rolleyes:
    We would have done better with both of them on the side line as cheer leaders in fall uniform .. pom pom and all .. rather then players on the court :D
    Next time make me the organiser .. I'll know how to stack the teams in our favour ... let me organise the team for that "friendly" against Nemesis .. their players are already used to complaining about me :p

6. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    yes remember it will be a "friendly"- each Titan player is only allowed to bring one knife and firearm to the stadium. I will just check under my car for bombs after the match:p to be safe...

7. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Anthony, you should have reserved your anxiety since someone is taking care of the car for you? :D

8. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I have to admit we did get quite a thrashing. We have never lost that badly before. Vien you were playing at the correct grade and you were suppose to be the pillar of strength for your team, but you crumbled at the hands of Arifin. How would you have arranged the teams differently ? They were a much more consistent team than us. I know in my group we just didn't keep up the attack. In 2 of the games I lost, we were leading by a healthy margin at the changeover but we became too careful and let them come back. Even in Open grade I saw the same thing happen to our teammates.

However we did have a good time and was glad to catch up with some old friends.

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Eugene, Anthony is a marked man .. i think he's got 5 concurrent Fatwa on him right now .. and two of his ex have put out $5000US bounty on each of his nackers ... best to stay clear of him, you dont want to be collateral damage ;)

10. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Really? If that's the case, i must buddy with him more often.

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Does anyone know any more details about this "friendly" between Titans and Nemesis?
    Ran into Aaron yesterday at Altona and he was saying they got him sign up to play against me .. looks like they've at least started getting their team together .. Ash still hasnt even told us it was going ahead or where and when ... bloody slacker .. either that or he's delibrately not telling me, cause they dont want me playing :rolleyes:

So when, where, what format are we playing and most importantly will there be trophies :D
    And hope this time we're using faster shuttles .. i still got sore arm and shoulder from playing with those super slow ones used in the Titan Vs SS.

In any case, Ash heres the C grade team all organise for you ....

Vien
    Niti
    Anthony
    Vincent
    Leong

12. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Vien!!:eek: Whenever you start talking about my nackers I become very very nervous:eek: I am surprised yours were released to even play at SS last Saturday:D

Now shoosh u, me and my nackers are in training for the Vic Open, any change of temperature, altitude, Nemesis death threats, fatwas or Vien's strange homoerotic BC postings and they could unbalance completely;)

13. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Just to be safe, let's make that the D grade team. Hey Aaron is on this BC, he said he read all our feuding with Nemesis and calling him and Dee trophie hunters hehe! That is why he is the wildcard in the Nemesis lineup, but unfortunately if you don't have official club T-shirt, you can't play with them, that is OFFICIAL club membership to avoid ring ins. Mmm haven't seen him post something yet....{insert timing for Aaron}

14. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Didn't you get the email ? As you didn't respond, I thought you weren't allowed to play as instructed by your lady sifu (QA) and did not include you in the upcoming interclub match with Nemesis. The teams have already been finalised.

Don't worry I have already put your name down. There is still plenty of time to form teams as we have many players who weren't able to play in the SS interclub match but are itching to play against Nemesis.

15. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    friendly_icon.jpg

I've gimped a poster for the Titans Vs Nemesis match ..

16. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    erm.... a sword through the head is not very friendly

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Thats because i couldnt google a picture of a knight hacking at a dragon's nackers .. which might be consider "friendlier" then a sword through the head i guess :)

18. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Comparison of team preparations

Me thinks they are a lamb to the slaughter:D

BADME.jpg

19. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    i absolutely second that... the shuttles used at the match vs SS were so slow, it felt like training with a squash racquet. not to make too many excuses for the recent loss to SS, but i can't help thinking that we would/should have done better had the shuttles been up regular specs.

20. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    well methinks nemesis is not in the same class as SS, unless they start importing "special" players. but kudos to you and vien for all the hard work in building up anticipation for the next interclub match!