Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i must agree with lyb for this time.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    BAM had many supremos including Marten Frost, Park Joo Bong, Yap Kim Hock. So they had tried this route before.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    all the name mention above dont have any power that equal to what lyb or park joo bong.

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    even we have pak joo bong and lyb, bam top management, comittee and crony is more powerful.

#584 riffsuad, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    and some people from hong kong thought he know the best way and conclusion
    lol

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

For us to evaluate the above, you will have to provide us with the specific roles, authorities, and responsibilities of Park Joo Bong and Li Yong Bo now versus those of Marten Frost, Park Joo Bong, and Yap Kim Hock when they were chief national coach or director for training and development of BAM.
    Do you think both LYB and PJB now can tell their current respective bosses to fly a kite? Of course not.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yawn
    why dont u proof to us that morten,park and yap have the same power liyongbo and park have now?

8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Taneepak, try sitting down and think rationally?

You sure send the right advise

to the wrong place

and to the wrong people.

We here don't run BAM

and very slim chance they are looking at this post.

But if they do, they would be rather pissed off

for you ask them to read Charles Darwin :D

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Shouldn't it be your turn first in view of your unsupported claim that Frost, Yap and Park did not then have the power at BAM as Park and LYB now have in Japan and China?
    FYI, Park is today's head coach for Japan and these Japanese are still mainly part time players. Do you think this part time thing is Park's idea or it was that way all the time? Or maybe he tried but failed to convert them to full timers.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, on the contrary my comments are specifically for readers and contributors here.
    For now, I have no problems with BAM's reaction. You must let things, heated so much by bluster, to settle down and then take a cool and rational approach to analyse the cause or causes of such "so-called" failure. Failure must be measured as a deviation of actual being short of your capability. This must be distinguished from coming out short of your expectation. The former is a reality check, the latter a "fool's" day-dreaming.

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Taneepak, you won't be surprise what kind of insider info

some of the bcer members have over here.

Thats why some are making those noise.

Of course there are those who are like empty vessel :D

12. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    i sense like bam people here...:cool:

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Here is one area of contradiction Malaysia has to look into. At the juniors levels Malaysia has always been one of the top countries in the boys, both singles and in particular in doubles. So based on this very narrow base to work on the country looks very good at the grass root level.
    However, when it comes to the international senior level the country simply cannot make it.
    Now the leap from "boys" to "men" separates the boys who never grow up and the men who have nobody to depend except their own grit and personal character to make it.
    Perhaps this could be one area to take a look at. If not, channeling additional resources to the grass roots to achieve the same type of achievements the current crop of juniors are seeing will meet the same Waterloo at the senior level.
    This giant leap from boys to men is not as easy as we think. Here is where the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese excel.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I read that many Malaysian BCers wish to have LYB as a coach for Malaysia

I read that many Malaysian BCers wish to have LYB as a coach for Malaysia. But, how long would he stay in Malaysia?

My guess - He wouldn't last long; perhaps just weeks. ;););)

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Don't think that's possible, the Chinese currency is just too strong if you know what I mean :D

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    From your point of view what could be the reason knowing BAM did get the best coaches there is for the men's department ?

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Dude, money talkes, that depends on how much money is coming in...if LYB can be like tidak apa Encik yawning Rashid Sidek and pay big bucks to go with the flow, why not take the money and not improving malaysian baddy...kill 2 birdies with 1 stone, i.e. get paid and not producing anything;)

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Of course Malaysia can do that, after all Malaysia Boleh slogan says it all. Malaysia outdo Singapore when it comes to importing foreign talents, hands down...that tiny island SG only imported a few thousands of those chaps from Malaysia and HK, anyway, MAS do not need those fellas anyway, SG can have them, please take them. Just in case you are not aware, MAS during Tun Mahathir times, imported >1 million Indonesian as I was told, and it bear fruits right away, Barisan won election landslide. Talking about instant results, SG cannot top that....MAS Boleh;)
    P/N I do respect what you write, thoughtful, even though I may not agree with you on everything but most of everything.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Bingo! you hit the nail on the head. The right coach and the right player, they complement each other, I would say coach 30%, player 70%.

But I venture to say,Li Yongbo's greatest contribution isn't in the skills training, he leaves that to the coaches under him who are even more skillful than him esp in coaching singles such as Tang Xianhu and Zhang Ning. I believe LYB's specialty which so far no one else can compare, Park JB or Morten Frost, may have to do with his management style,his talent-spotting ability, his relationship-building,his character traits eg analytical,boldness,creativity,decisiveness,methodical,leadership,thoroughness..., plus the "X" factor which only he knows. If you can ever bring him over, I'm sure his pre-condition is give him a free hand.

" And yes, ZJH taught the world how to play badminton! " - to quote you. Let me add,now it is Lin Dan ! - in concurrence with OneToughBirdie :D

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LYB? He adhered to the ideology of the party. Nothing more, nothing less. He was the facilitator. Of course, his unique mix of attributes made him well suited for the job. But make no mistake, its not LYB, it is the system he represents.

Agree with pBm about ZJH; he was something else! :D

Also, it is good to remember that MF, Park JB, et al achieved what they did with much less resources and talent at thier disposal than CBA; so I wouldn't ever dismiss their capability. What actually diffrentiates them from LYB is just 2 things: resources, and ideology. Give LYB to BAM the way it has been for so long, I suspect he will do much worse than his predecessors.

But IMNVHO, none of them can help MAS badminton the way things are now.