The exhibition of 4 kings in china

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by huangkwokhau, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    For PG and LCW, it's a stepping stone to HK Open. For all, appearance money is important for their occupation as professionals.

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Years before there was a exhibition game also prior to HK or Chn Open...........LCW was here also...??

CMIIW !!

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If they dont come, does not mean they dont love peace brotherhood and love.............
    Thats a good one, but for an old man, I will let him rest.
    There are tons of other places they can promote badminton, dont have to be in China where badminton is already so popular.
    Thats a good one lol. And punch him in the face if he talk back LOL
    Guest teacher?? For free??

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I think LCW should be more aware that its not a one way traffic, as much as he wants to make more good records againt LD, its also LD and the rest of CHN MS team will get another chance to study and learn how to anticipate LCW in the future. SO its really depend how LCW looking at his own position currently, if he really confidence he's on top of his game, then no need to come. In fact by coming it gives LD some upper hand in the mental department.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

When,exactly,please somebody tell me?

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nov 10 in Guangzhou? Maybe? No confirmation yet? No Live Telecast or Streaming, OMG,OMG,OMG?
    Yes,as an exhibition match it's better to invite the 4 best players - best in certain time, in certain way, based on certain criteria such as popularity,contribution,representation and respect, but among the four, Lin Dan is undoubtedly Best of the Best - rather than the top 4 players because the purpose is not to determine who is The Best as the tournaments and championships are already doing that, but for a different reason(s)[ask the organizer and sponsor].

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My take is that this exhibition match will be taken seriously by all the 4 players,not so much because of the attractive prize money which is certainly one of the considerations, but:
    1) Taufik The-Once-Fearsome-One (Hidayat),playing under no pressure - not representing his country nor ranking points involved - and with nothing to lose and a guaranteed prize money of at least 200K(250K?) RMB, might just exhibit the old Taufik that he was once famous for whilst enjoying the match(es);
    2) Peter The Great (Gade) still has what it takes,age has not diminished him much, and he's repeatedly said the two players he wanted to beat most are (no prize for getting this one right) Super Dan and Datuk Lee;
    3) Lee The Mighty (Chong Wei), well, he will grab at every opportunity to prove he can be the best by overcoming Lin Dan who made him play second fiddle for so long, need I say more; and
    4) The Greatest Of All, Lin Dan,will certainly not want to lose face on home soil in front of his countrypeople(using a non-sexist term);besides,he got to give face to his coach Li YB who must have seek Lin Dan's nod to participate before going ahead with organizing it, and, having agreed to play, he is obliged to make it a success by satisfying the organizer,the sponsor,the supporters and fans what they came to see and not let somebody else steal the limelight from him - and in the process win big by affirming he is still the True King of Badminton (and not least the big prize money to buy more presents for his beloved wife,parents and in-laws :D:):cool::p).

The spectators are in for a treat - they get to see all the dream matches, including the likely Dream Final: Lin Dan vs Lee Chong Wei !!!

As an afterthought, whoever loses has a ready excuse 'It's just an exhibition match,hope everybody enjoys it' - the players pocket the money and the audience is none the wiser for it.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    if it happens, its just exhibition. no one is going to be serious. it's all about being there just collecting the mulla. ;)

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is sad that Badzine or BWF has not covered it yet..I have told Badzine and may be they are not sure yet....this event will give badminton for positive outlook..Taufik has flown to China today.

10. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Sorry, I do not see like that.. IMHO, It seems LYB just want to bring back good image for CHN team. Not for badminton itself. Like we know, nowadays China players intensively make walkover/retired unnecessary (especially LD) if china players fighting each other, just want to save rank their players to qualification OG 2012..

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I beg to differ. With so much money involved and personal honour and glory, do you think they won't mind losing to each other - individually,they might be thinking "let the others take it easy,I'm going to play and win the title and the money" (1mil RMB for 1st,500k for 2nd,250k for 3/4th,mind you quite a big gap). Besides,do you believe the crowd just want to go there and see them 'play,play'? Then,why not just conduct an autograph-signing session will do and followed by the respective players each demonstrating a particular technique they are famous for. I'm sure their respective fans would want to see their idol emerge champion.

12. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Just received confirmation from Peter Gade that he is in China and will be playing tomorrow in the exhibition. I hope that they can stream the games via Youtube just like BWF matches.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Peter already announced it on his Facebook page.

I doubt there will be live streaming. It's a private exhibition event, new facility but probably not catered to filming. Happy to be proved wrong if that so happens.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Tomorrow is 11/11/11 !!! Trust the Chinese to find a most auspicious date. Wonder how they will dress up the venue with those numbers. ( No wonder my daughter s college could only book an unheard of venue for its president to meet the parents and alumni tomorrow. All venues fully booked for wedding dinners! Unbelievable Chinese. Guess Hong Kong would be the same.)

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Anybody knows what time they will be played? Hopefully,somebody can get the live streaming on.

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Actually Gade's team mates like Joachim and Hans Vittinghaus did not know that Gade will participate ...what I am saying it sounds like hush hush...When I heard about it from Taufik..I was wondering as well and many of badminton fans thought it was just a rumour...even I have asked Badzine to check with Gade if they do not believe it....

17. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    What I mean by Positive outlook here is INCOME that being badminton player can earn big money as well....

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    May start at 11.11.11 on 11/11/11.

19. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator