Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. wning

wning Regular Member

I was told that BS LHI and MX-90 will be out late Aug. in HK and Sept. in Taiwan.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    BDSwansea
    Many thanks for the vote of confidence. I understand why you hesitate because Victor tend to build medium or medium/stiff flex rackets when you're looking for something stiffer. I am currently testing rackets and must confess I've tested a lot of really good rackets and still not made my mind up. My leaning is to BS11, LHI or Lightfighter 7400, although I am also going to test BS12 again but use Powerizer tape and see if that helps. But finding a good stiff shafted racket is proving difficult.
    My thoughts are that the top Victor sponsored players are not using stiff shafted rackets so I'm willing to look at alternatives.
    Keep in touch and I'll you know my thoughts before I write the review. However, I have to say Lightfighter 7400 is moving up the rankings in terms a great combination of stiff light frame and yet it's still head heavy.
    Paul

3. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Paul, why not a meteor series, the JJS is stiffer than your Vt-80 and the MX80 would be stiffer still. Or even the MX90 might be an option when it is fully available.
    I'm sure you would like the Legend II but its not available outside HK and China.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Stiffer than your current racket isn't always the way to go. If you're not pretty unsatisfied with your racket's stiffness, you shouldn't really go stiffer - you're very likely to lose power. If you feel you don't get enough control with your racket in fast exchanges (quick drives, defense) and it's definitely not the strings (i.e. you're past 30lbs) then you can go looking for a stiffer piece of kit...

5. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Bear in mind I'm currently using VT80 so it's stiff shaft and head heavy.
    I've got Thruster in my bag and will be testing tomorrow together with BS12. I'll be writing review of Thruster 8000.
    I tested JJS and whilst it's a very good racket, I didn't have enough time with it but enough to know it won't be in my top 3.
    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    I found the VT80 to be too flexy when compared to the MX80. The VT80 is head heavy but with a 3.5/5 stiffness rating. The MX80 is 5/5 and so is the SW35. I prefered the MX80 to the VT80 as it was stiffer and complemented to HH characteristics. These are my personal findings but good to give a comparative view to Pauls. I have just got the LYD gen 2 strung with VS850 @ 28lbs so looking forward to testing it out on Tuesday!

7. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    My review of LYD has finally gone live. Sorry for keeping you waiting - too much happening behind-the-scenes!

Paul

8. wning

wning Regular Member

Is the BS LHI stiffer than LYD when you had a small sample test?

9. qwerty777

qwerty777 Regular Member

Where did u buy it from?

10. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Badminton Base

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hi Paul,

Just read your review. A stiffer version of the LYD is basically the BS10. Can't remember if you've tested this or not, but if you think the LYD is too whippy, you might like the 10 better.

Also, note that the BS12 that LYD now uses is NOT the factory spec. The KRP BS12's are head heavier and stiffer (don't ask us why, we have no idea).

12. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    The BS10, though stiffer than the BS LYD, is not as head heavy, right?

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Only the international (DE code) version is stiffer than the LYD at 5/5 sitffness. The TW version of the BS10 is about the same (4/5 stiffness) or slightly less stiff than the LYD. Also the BS10 is a lot head lighter than the LYD. About 10mm difference in BP in my experience.

Don't forget that while the BS10 and LYD look like they have the same dimensions, they are in fact slightly different. The shaft of the BS10 is a little slimmer, about 0.2-0.3mm thinner in diameter than the LYD and the frame width is almost 1mm thinner. Coupled with the lighter head, the BS10 is considerably faster than the LYD.

14. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Ok, I'm so confused.

All I want is a relatively fast, stiff racket that's got a bit more weight in the head than my 8DX for men's doubles. I thought t would be the LYD but now that's not considered stiff?

Maybe the JJS?

15. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    As you know, stiffness is subjective. One persons idea of stiff may be another's med-flex. So you really have to try it for yourself to see if it meets your stiffness requirements. If you were nearer to me, I'd let you try my BSLYD.

I would say my LYD is about as stiff as my Arc8DX. But as the shaft is about 10mm longer than the 8DX and it has more head mass, it flexes a fraction more on full power smashes. And can generate more power in my opinion.

The BS10 is not for you if you're looking for more head weight than the 8DX.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I'd say every code but the TW is 5/5 for BS10. It was already the case when they used the stiffness bar. TW BS10 = BS11 (even the original TW BS11) on the bar and in dots[​IMG]
    Of course then there was a 2 dot BS11 all of a sudden, even in DE I think (according to the catalogue at least iirc). Sounded more like a misprint, a dot reversal :D. But I should probably double check that ;) as I know bump into a stiffness bar with BS 11 at about 2 dots on a TW website ...

#656 demolidor, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  17. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Maklike
    I reviewed BS10 a long time ago and loved it - 5 star rating. However it's not available in UK or Europe any more so I have to look at other rackets.
    I still like LYD racket. Surprisingly LYD is using a custom version of BS12 as you say. But why it's more head heavy and stiffer is anyones guess. Surely it would have been easier to modify his signature racket?
    I'm testing Thruster tomorrow along with BS12 with Powerizer lead tape at 12 o'clock position.
    DB Swansea, as far as I'm concerned and having played with 8DX and LYD, 8DX is stiffer.
    Paul

18. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Thanks Paul. I've ordered the JJS from Direct Badminton, can't wait to start raining down smashes.

19. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Yes it is interesting. A possible answer is that LYD felt that fame got to his head before the Olympics and clouded his ability to claim the Gold. So he is trying to go back to grass roots and fly below the radar by using a "normal racket". Also his style of play has changed to suit KSH style and plays a more sides orientated game so he prefers the BS12.

It's not certain that the BS12 is "modified" but the KRP version is used by some pro players like TA and KSY and is stiffer and head heavier than usual.

I have just used the new LYD racket and it is very good but I am struggling to get speed into my smashes. I'm guessing it is to do with hitting the sweet spot with the right amount of flex in the shaft. It seems that smashes were faster with a controlled swing rather than a slog. Have other users found this?

20. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

For all we know, the BS12 KRP is a prototype for a new BS racket. Just painted with old colours before official production. Nothing "normal" about it!