Some prediction after Malaysia SS

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by bill681231, Jan 20, 2008.

1. bill681231

bill681231 Regular Member

What do you think who will be the champ in 2008 Olympic after you watch the Malaysia SS? Pls share.

WS: The danish girl had a great SS, she is the only one who can seriously threat the chinese squad. Some may argue WMZ has the chance too, but she is lack of the killing weapon like Tine: powerful and deep smash.
    If Tine impove a bit on her consistency, the only Chinese can stop her would be XXF, cauz she has longer arms/legs for better defense, and she clears more acuate and close to the baseline, whcih is the key to give herself a bit more time and space for Tine's killer smash.

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Tine and WMC had different strengths. Tine has excellent attacking play. WMC on the other hand has excellent defense and stamina. However, both have an injury weakness. If they can improve on the consistency, both stand a chance for a medal.

3. winnie

winnie Regular Member

IMO, eriko is gonna be another non-china's players to look out for

4. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Maria Kristin!!! Nah just kidding never mind

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    jap players like eriko and kaori have always been a threat but lately they have not been playing as well as last time.......jap players seem to play well for a while and thn play really bad later....like sato shoji....i remember in 2005 he was kicking ass....quarter finals of WC and almost beat LD...he was fast...and i mean real fast...now....he's gone downhill...

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Quite agree with zqloy, the tactical difference between Tine and Wong Mew Choo is very different. Just because she presumably lacks a killing weapon does not make her inferior tactically.

Among non-CHN challengers, we have two different groups, attacking minded players led by Tine, Zhou Mi, Wang Chen, Yippie, Yao Jie etc. I am very impressed with Tine's attacking prowess, even from baseline, her smashes were sometimes too powerful for Zhu Lin and Lu Lan to block.

The second group is more rally and defence type players, Wong Mew Choo, Pi Hongyan, Xu Huaiwen, Hirose, Maria Kristin belong to this group. Some of them, Hirose and Pi especially, do have certain offensive weapons as well.

In any case, I expect both groups (those who qualify, that is) to be able to provide credible challenge to the Olympics WS crown. In the first 3 Olympics, Gold was won by extremely fit rally type players (Susi Susanti, Bang Soo Hyun and Gong Zhichao). Zhang Ning remains the only attack minded player to have ever won the WS crown.

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i was extremely worried when TR sprained/rolled her ankle. didnt want lu lan to win. but yes, she does stand a chance for a medal. probably not gold though because there is still XXF and ZN.

8. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

After winning MO, no one should doubts Tine's ability to challenge for OG GOLD. However, I beg to differ coz the game will be played at CHEENA and LYB's would have his army surrounding the arena :rolleyes:

So, I dont think Tine will in the podium for the GOLD/Silver, but Bronze ;)

9. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

jimbo, did you forget that XXF wasn't there? and that ZN had a shock defeat? nevertheless, i agree TR is a good player. just absolutely loved her comeback in the second set.

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

My preditcions... China still extremely reliant on Lin Dan to win in Mens Singles, everyone else in the Chinese team can be good on their day or even awesome other days they are just plain mediocre especially Bao Chunlai and Chen Jin. Chen Yu has serious fitness problems. Chen Hong just seems a non threat nowdays.

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Not impossible though, esp the players like Tine and WMC will hv zero pressure playing in Beijing. Unlike the chinese whom will be shouldering huge pressure in home ground.

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

It's funny that humans are forgetful :rolleyes: Did we forget CO 07 (LCW vs BCL) and other matches that were heavily criticized by unbiased calls? It'd be big mistake to believe that LYB would allow anyone cracking his GREAT WALL. So, not a chance, i would say... yet, I hope to see miracles happen :D

Msia Boleh...!!!!

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Prediction : Setiawan will reach Tony G / Chandra / Sigit legendary status.

14. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dont think the umpire and linejudges will be their own ppl, this is no normal open tournament. If that really happens, the chinese should prepare to be shamed for their lives...

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    If you believe you do it for the country then it only brings pride, not shame! We are looking at different angles hence have different opinion. The only way is to utilize the technologies to eliminate this issue.

16. fishyjojo

fishyjojo Regular Member

it'd bring china shame if other countries complain. it's the olympics and all eyes would be on how well and how fair they will be as competing hosts.

17. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Xie Xing Fang is still the answer to China squad, unless she slip at toilet again during Olympic.
    And mentally XXF is feared by both Tine and WMC.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LYB will try to break the legs of all other non-Chinese players @Beijing Olympics 08

Hahaha... With LYB trying to break the legs of all other non-Chinese players (thus generating FEAR :)), China could score well @Beijing Olympics 2008. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

#18 chris-ccc, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  19. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    How does Tine and WMC fear XXF? WMC has beaten XXF twice, once on XXF's home province, with a few other matches going close.

Tine too has beaten XXF once, also with a few other matches lasting the distance. Tine's victory against XXF last year was even more impressive than her win against ZL yesterday. Almost perfect badminton. Forget about XXF's hairstyle in that match.

With the games in Beijing, Tine and WMC will come forward with open minds and no doubts ........ as long as both of them cut down on their unforced errors and master the new arena's drift.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Imo...

..that applies esp. to all Singles game..Stamina/fitness, above all, and doing & executing the basic skills/techniques **consistently** will be keys..:cool:

#20 ctjcad, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008