Chen Jin ( 陈金 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 9, 2008.

1. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    well said :D 100% agreed

2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's quite painful when posts that you've spent a lot of time on get deleted.
    But deletion is only natural because those posts have no relevance to the thread's topic :p

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

thank u for your hardwork, oldhand:p

4. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    This can provoke an argument.Of course.Clearly said without compromise.

As someone located outside china.I wont judge them by this rumour.
    It make sense.But i hope.We'll put the facts first.N let the assumptions second

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Do not say that LYB arrange the game. They got so many good players around and every player(MS) are capable to grab the gold medal in beijing. Think about if MAS have 3 or more players like LEE CHONG WEI, what will the coach do?

6. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    We are smart enough to know that 'arrange the game' is something immoral.
    Just that the point was not proven.Allegation is not appropriate.

Imagine we have 3 lcw,chances are better.Dont have to send all three.
    We have rules.Obey that.

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CHINA did it again in ABC 08. :mad:

But shame on Chen Jin coz he r not able to win the tournament.:D

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Personally I don't think it was CJ's aim to win this tournament, it was his aim to qualify for the OG, which he could only achieve if he made the final.

The final Result was pretty unimportant. If you look at the photos of him on the rostrum in the Pictures thread he looks pretty happy. Most people look glum when only a Runner up.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I find it hard to believe that a CHN MS will not want to win a match against a non-CHN MS.You mean CJ gave the match to PSH? If he did , the score would be like 21-10;21-10 not 21-18;21-18.Even if the match had gone to 3, PSH would still have won.PSH is real tough.(abedeng said Sony was limping in the hotel after his match with PSH. PSH was like fresh as ever.)So far, PSH has won all 3G matches against higher-ranked players:
    *BCL
    *BP
    *LD
    *Sony
    *??? (badMania,any others?)
    Rather disappointed with your comment, jamesd20 (yes, it's 20, not 22)

11. joe-asap

joe-asap Regular Member

GOV'T EMPLOYEE
    Does the end truly justify the means? Chen Jin has just benefitted from a gift from LD who tanked their semi-final match so that he would qualify as china's third singles player for the OG.Although CJ played sufficiently well to make it to the semis, I agree with jamesd20 on this, Chen Jin was sufficiently happy after winning against LD and confirming his spot that his winning in the finals would just have been icing on the cake. His intensity level was just not up to par with PSH who really wanted the championship. They achieved their aim in this tournament, which goes back to my opening statement: "Does the end ................?

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think james said that CJ does not want to win the title. I think he meant that CJ's main goal is to qualify for OG, which was met even before the final started. Of course, it will be even better that CJ can be crowned, but compare to what he's accomplished (with LD's help or not), the final match is relatively un-important.

To me, it's like the end of NBA regular season. The elite teams which secure the playoff seedings, usually benched all the all stars, and don't mind lose the last few games to other teams. It's surely great if they want to make the W-L record a bit better by winning, but the "more important" goal is met, and the last few matches is rather meaningless. :rolleyes:

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Got cash also.. if i'm him i would be happy too.

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

It seems to me that CJ indeed tried to win the final. He changed tactic/pace at the right times, in other words, his mind was working on how to win. CJ was just unlucky. Many of his right shots went out, etc.

I don't think PSH played as well as in the SF. He looked a bit tired.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think all three ld, bcl and cj can beat psh on the OG day. If ld can lose to psh on the first few encounters, why not bcl or cj. PSH has advantage being tall but i also see some glaring weakness too. I thnk on 2nd set, cj clawed back from 11-19 to 17-19 before pushing a net floater out.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

BCL has better chance. PSH has already beaten LD 3 times (and LD beated PSH 1 or 2 times), so it's not "first few encounters" anymore.

I think it has something to do with style. Also the key to PSH's success is his consistency and great mental strength. His opponents have to indeed outplay him to win almost every point (In contrast, many players tend to panick when things go wrong. For example Sony was obviously frustrated at the end of the 2nd game and made many mistakes).

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Just to clarify, and as others have pointed out, I did not mean that CJ "gave" the game to PSH, and I am not belittling PSH in anyway, he is a good player capable of beating CHN MS.

My main point was that once he had reached the final, and therefore qualified for OG, his mind would not be as focussed as previous rounds, and he would be excited at making the OG.

He would have been under a lot of pressure in the earlier rounds because there was no question he HAD to make the final, it is natural that he would be more relaxed and less intense once he has acheived his aim. I have to say although I post Swiss open I thought he would qualify, I thought he had blown it in the India Open.

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i mean the earlier ones, not the latter ones.

CJ wasnt going all out. He did near the end and psh lost many points run which counters your psh's mental strength claim

19. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CJ at least aslo tried hard at the beginning of the 2nd game, he did pretty well in the first 5 points but made mistakes in 3 of them (and thus PSH led 3:2). So I would not say CJ wasn't going all out till the end. He was just not lucky.

PSH lost many points a in row doesn't mean he lacks mental strength. It can simply be that CJ (in his final burst) outplayed him.

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

he was injured after the AE and according to the chinese posts, he still is. that's probably why he didn't pushed so hard to win. not much point to do more damage just before the TC and with the OG just around the corner.