Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    The more i look at Wang Yihan close up, the more convinced i am sure she is not a Han Chinese, probably a Manchu from Shanghai native community.

By the way, Li Xuerui really needs to win big tournaments to make her name feared and frequently used for comparisons by other players. Wang Yihan seems to only like to compare herself with Wang Shixian and Wang Xin especially Wang Shixian.

Well what can i say...Wang Shixian is the only present player that actually rival Wang Yihan's achievements.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the video link. I noticed it was dated May 26th and towards the end of the video clip, Kitty Wang Yihan (I call her Kitty since her nickname is kitten in Chinese) actually expressed her hope to be selected for the London Olympics. I'd thought she is the frontrunner - LYB sure is keeping all the 4 ladies in suspense.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Hello Kitty...

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I can feel the cosmos/aura of seriousness from this photo. Wang Yihan you are definitely going to London. Just stay injury-free and focused!

538355_424429157591651_1826863704_n.jpg

The Four-Star generals. Lin Dan is not there...

#1984 Miqilin7, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  5. King's

King's Regular Member

There can only be one Chief of Staff.

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    WYH actually taller than FHF. I didn't know that.

7. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

WYH lost to LXR again in the IO semi-final.. 3 continuos losing streak to LXR.. :(

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

hmm, why is LD not there with them?

i hope WYH's losts to LXR is part of strategy, just to stay below the radar. can't believe a rising WS player can beat her again and again. :(

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if i recall correct, she is from Shanghai..

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe WYH wanted very much to win yesterday's match against LXR at the semi-final of INA Open2012 to redeem herself after that narrow escape or miraculous save in the UC Final vs Sung which I'm quite sure didn't go down well with her coaches. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way, LXR was simply too good. I was actually rooting for WYH to go to the final and win it....

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i'm not sure how big is her chance to win OG medal, especially gold one then. too bad, i'm rooting for her too for the OG.

12. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    she is still the best bet for the gold...LXR looks wobbly...& WX too temperamental...

-

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The pressure is cracking her up. If she is calm, she can win the gold. ;)

14. sen

sen Regular Member

I am not saying she lost the Indonesian Open semi final purposely but actually that turns out well for her.

If she won, she would face either Saina or Sung and losing the final would have a psychological impact for Olympic.

Since Li Xuerui the one taking the pressure in the final and Li might not play in Olympic that turn out to be the best outcome for WYH

15. vixter

vixter Regular Member

But you are assuming she would have lost the final like Li Xuerui did... Yes, better to lose to LXR in semi than lose to international player in final, but why would we assume she would have lost the final...

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I am a bit worried about WYH's form going into the OG. Like her other sisters, the INA Open turned out to be a difficult tournament, all struggling at one point. She's not as dominant as before (scoreline-wise) and only her incredible mental strength is saving her.

It's good that LYB has pulled the entire WS contingent that's going to the OG from the SIN open to recalibrate and fine tune. Treat the INA Open as a fact finding mission and retool accordingly.

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think, what I mentioned in the LXR thread actually applies even more so to WYH. I am inserting my comment here:

" ** (LXR is) Missing the undeniably calming and guiding influence and clarity of ZN! This IMO, is the biggie! LXR will have to find her own way out of the dependancy tangle that she, WYH and WSX have gotten themselves into! The other 2 players, WX and WL are much less affected by this, IMO, because of their mental/psychological makeup... "

18. sen

sen Regular Member

Because she may be tired from Uber Cup where she played more matches than LXR and there are more pressures to win against non China players as that was LYB said the judging for who should go to the Olympic

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Yihan, among the present crop of top CHN WS, has the unique distinction of having gone through what I call the baptism of fire in two successive Uber Cup Finals. The first one almost broke her spirit and the second nearly sealed her fate for good. Instead she overcame both occasions with long-suffering patience,perseverance,painstaking hard work and courage to emerge a stronger,highly experienced and mature player.

I have this feeling that Wang Yihan and Li Xuerui will become two great rivals reigning and sharing laurels the next few years.

20. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    As the No. 1 seed, she doesn't have to face any top players until the gold medal match. But having said that, hope she doesn't get involved in any accident like Lin Dan...otherwise she will go far with Li Xuerui's support