Lining or Yonex racket..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xrokcetong, Nov 1, 2012.

1. xrokcetong

xrokcetong Regular Member

Student
    Lining or Yonex racket..pls some help me..
    Which want more better and have good quality..

2. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Neither.

I vote for Victor :D

3. xrokcetong

xrokcetong Regular Member

Student
    why victor?and what type of victor??

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

LiNing, Yonex and Victor are each producers of the highest quality. But they also each produce cheaper, lower quality rackets. If you are looking for a racket, any of these companies is a fine choice. What really matters is can you find a racket that fits your style. A suitable racket is like a good wife: you should feel comfortable with it; it should be consistent and reliable- even when you are not; and it doesn't hurt if it looks good .Good Luck!

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Racket suitability are personal preference, you just have to try and try lots of rackets to find out which one suits you best.
    For paint durability, i would go for Lining & Yonex.

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    As said, it doesn't matter what brand you go for as long as you like it.

There are professionals using all the mentioned brands so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us mere mortals. ;)

7. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Paint durability depends on the model. For Yonex racquets VT-ZF are notorious for its exposed "stickers" that got easily squished during stringing. I have also found many of the Nanospeed series racquets chip rather easily. The paint durability for their VT (excl VTZF) and Arcsaber series seems to be better.

Same can be said for other vendors like Victor, Bravesword 09 is infamous for paint chips but BS LYD is much better in this respect. I'd also like to say the paint quality for the Meteor series is just excellent. My impression is that Victor has improved their paint process over the years (BS09 was a much earlier model than BS LYD or MX80).

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    For Li Ning - go for N Series.

For Victor - go for Brave sword LYD, BS 12. MX 80 , MX JJS.

Yonex... i dont want comment.

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    It is so strange my MX80 paint got chip easily out of nowhere especially on the connection between the cone and shaft.

10. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Yonex ... go for the tried, tested and trusted ... CARBONEX series ... :D :cool:

11. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    You can't get paint chip out of nowhere dude, if that really happens to victor rackets especially mx80, Jung Jae Sung would need to bring 10+ rackets to each match for every 1 of his mx80 will be destroyed out of nowhere.

Confirm you got miss hit somewhere along the game and you didn't realize it.

12. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    I have heard that LiNing rackets are not durable and tends to break easily, hence not very good quality. Is that true?

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    No, i confirmed that the connection between cone and shaft never mishit nor falling down and hit the floor. My friend's MX80 also having the same problem, more or less same position too. 2 pieces of MX80 that i knew of having this problem.

14. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Congratulations bro, that means you have a good swing speed and is able to bend the shaft of the racquet during hitting- not everyone can do that. This happens, since the cone and the shaft are two different parts, made of different materials, joined by a thin layer of glue - it is natural the the paint eventually crack/chip due to repeated bending of shaft against cone - graphite may be flexible, paint is not. This type of "paint chip" also happens to other brands including Yonex and LiNing and is quite common amongst professional players:p

I think asdsadas2008and I are referring to "resistance to paint chips" of the paints applied to the frame/shaft portion of the racquet. My MX80 has survived several clashes and is still free of paint chips.

15. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    If yonex,go for voltric seriesif victor go for bs n mx seriesif flypower go for warriors n el nino seriesif li-ning i really dun hv idea :)

16. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

I agree with you :D :D :D

You should see Licin's muscle in his right arm.... looks very strong and powerful

17. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Quality is good but durability sucks (like everything else nowadays :rolleyes:) so you have to buy new one more frequently .... they don't make them to last anymore ... no money to be made for doing so ....

Just imagine, my Cab20 lasts 5-10 years while newer fancier ones about 1-2 years .... so guess who is "spending" more money ....

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes, i also aware that cone and shaft are two different part and joined together. Strangely that does not happen to my other rackets. I am also get confused with MX80, but since it still play well, i just assume it is normal.:D

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah Carbonex...my Cab 8 has survived from several hard clashes, bad stringing, etc...:D

The same ideas applies when a racket manufacturer stop the production of existing racket product for example Yonex Ti.10 1st and 2nd gen, AT700 old, and bunch of MP and Cab series, they stop the production of that rackets, so that existing users at some point will have to switch and find out new rackets. That is why we could see a lot of threads be created for asking racket substitution to discontinued model although not all racket substitutions thread related to discontinued models. If the users are picky enough, they might spend their money buying several type of rackets to find out which one is the closest to their beloved racket, which at the end increasing profit for the racket manufacturer. If the users are not that picky, maybe they bought 1 or 2 new rackets which at the end still beneficial rather than nothing be purchased.

In my opinion, it is very normal. They have to be profitable, thus they can survive and paying salary to their employees. Their employees have enough money to spend on other needs, the cycle will goes on and on.

20. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    Yup, thanks for explaining zombie0517...i misunderstood Licin's statement :)