Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    mmm not that many ppl playing in this tournament tomorrow...

HEY Vien, you and Shet Li going into way too much detail!:crying:

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Yeap the stadium did look a litttle empty today, and with a few no shows it look even worst ... the good news was that i got a walk through on my first round in singles.. and there was plenty of warmup courts and no waiting time :)

sssshhhhh ;) .. what ever is said in a limited "to" list weekday gossip spam should remain secret .. known only to the people on the list :)

3. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Melbourne Uni Saturday

Anthony - C Single Runners up

* Thats it :rolleyes: .. i lost out in the C single quarters and we lost out first round in C double .. yes thats right 1st round, i think it was 27/30 :) ... so by todays results it should be fair that we are allow back in C grade in other Tournaments... obviously time/age and family commitement is taking a toll now :crying: .. Oh well there's still more trophies on offer tomorrow :D

.. or and i have a public WARNING alert for everyone .. Melbourne Uni is practising some dodgy criminal money making parking SCAM... they are taking your money for a service they dont provide then fining you because they fail in their duty .. F@@@#!!! .. i will be seeking ACCC action over this .. and in no way in HELL i'll be paying that fruadulent parking ticket.

SO DO NOT pay or even enter in that parking Melbourne Uni parking area next to the badminton stadium, they've taken out more than 50% of the parking due to some unfinish renivation work .. then place their own home made parking sign everywhere restricting you to less then 20% of the avaliable parking .. forcing you to leave their parking area after already paying or cop a fine, that the have masked to appear and read like a legitimate council parking ticket .. the only different is that they want you to wire money into a Melbourne Uni bank account .. I'm guessing to pay for some fat cat's beach house or mistress new jewellery :mad:

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    YES:mad::mad::mad: - Melb Uni - you don't charge ppl $5 to park in a FULL CAR PARK and then fine them $117 for parking in the only bays that are available!!!

I will pay it over Vien's dead body:D What a scam:eek: and making the ticket look like City Council one, when its only a uni one - stick it up your ass Melb Uni, I ain't paying you a CENT for that parking fine grrrrrr

5. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    2009 season results vs 2006 results

OK Vien, let's see how our badminton seasons went.

First I will list all my 2009 placings and then compare to 2006 season to see if post 30 or pre 30 yrs old is better:cool:

SINGLES
    B grd R'UP - 2 (Altona, Ballarat)
    B grd Semi - 1 (Monash)
    C grd RÚP - 2 (JTUltra, Melb Uni)

DOUBLES
    B grd Winner - 2 (Altona, SA)
    C grd Winner - 1 (JTUltra)
    A grd Consol semi -1 (Melb Uni)
    B grd Consol R'UP -1 (Melb Uni)

MIXED
    C grd R'UP - 1 (Ballarat)
    C grd Semi - 1 (Monash)

SINGLES
    B grd R'UP - 2 (Altona, Kilsyth)
    B grd Semi - 1 (Monash)
    C grd Semi - 2 (Vic Open, Melb Uni)

DOUBLES
    B grd Winner - 1 (Deakin)
    C grd Winner - 1 (Vic Open)
    C grd R'UP - 1 (Altona)
    C grd Semi - 1 (Kilsyth)

MIXED
    B grd RÚP - 2 (Kilsyth, CBA)

So on analysis, 2009 had 12 placings compared to 2006 of 11 placings. However, I have got more placings in B grade doubles this year compared to 3 years ago:), but dropped from B to C grade in Mixed placings:(. Looks fairly even overall from 2006 to 2009 - lesson: pre 30 years old and post 30 years old don't have an impact hooray!:D

6. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Social Badminton Changes for 2010

There are a number of changes in 2010. There is now an additional session on Wednesday nights and our Saturday night sessions has increased from 2.5 hours to 3 hours.

The Saturday night session :
    • starts on the 9th January 2010
    • cost $10
    • 7pm-10pm (Previously 8pm to 10:30pm)
    • at Waverley Christian College
    • Only accept players above C Grade
    The Wednesday night session :
    • Starting 13th January 2010
    • cost $10
    • 7.30pm-10pm
    • at Waverley Christian College
    • Open to all players except beginners
    Have a Merry Xmas and see you in the New Year.

#566 ashley, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  7. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Woo Hoo!! bet Anthony to it, first to post something in 2010 :)

Badminton Victoria has release the Tournament calendar for 2010.

Ballarat Open and Graded Saturday 27- Sunday 28 March
    Altona Graded Saturday 10 April
    CBA Open and Graded Saturday 1 - Sunday 2 May
    Victorian Open and Graded Saturday 26 - Sunday 27 June
    Monash Uni Open and Graded Saturday 4 September

The SA Open and Graded would probably be around August again .. got to go back and defend our title :)

And this year we should raid NSW for there trophies :) .. There should be the NSW open and the UNSW open in June .. who's in ?

9 trophies in 2009, must therefore get 10 trophies in 2010 :D .. let the hunt begin!!!

8. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Well done Vien, yes 2010 will bring another bagful of trophies for us all:p

Yep Ballarat I should be in, Toni still complaining that it is only a week before our Alice Springs drive, and need rest blah blah:D Tentatively book it:confused:.

I haven't played a CBA tournament in like 3 years, always am in China for some reason each year, but this time for sure.

NSW we haven't played there yet, so gotta do it man. Thinking Tassie also if we find cheap tickets...:cool: SA Open mmm, you know we are kicked out of B grade now HAHAHAHAHA, hard to defend the title from playing in A grade man:crying:

TIP- JUST between you and me, if we can contact Deakin Uni and get into one of their tournaments this year, we can win it playing left handed hahaha:rolleyes:

9. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Melb Uni sent me another Penalty reminder notice to pay their stinking CORRUPT parking office - well I ain't paying, so you can send me 100 reminders - tip it will cost the uni 5 times as much to collect the money off me than write it off!!:eek:

10. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Here Here !! .. Melbourne Uni might be great at conning money out of oversea students with there phoney baloney letters with VicRoad like phoniness overhead and wordings, but they wont trick us ... and whats the hell were they thinking with all the "Children Court" threads ... HERE IN AUSTRALIA CHILDREN CAN"T DRIVE CARS HENCE CAN"T PARK THEM ... CON NOOBS :)

If Melbourne Uni wants $130 from me, then they'll have to provide me with a service that's value as such ... and NO I will not be accepting any offer of a short course at Melbourne Uni for that money, cause i dont rate Melbourne Uni education as being worth anything :p

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

Looks like there's going to be plenty of Titan people going to Ballarat this year, even some of the WAG are going to enter in the tournement :)

NSW is a must this year .. they wont know what'll hit them, we'll clean up the trophies in D, C and B :D

12. Chicken_Little

Chicken_Little Regular Member

Hi guys,

I am new, you guys sounds like an interesting bunch!

anyhoo...i haven't been playing for about 8 years...thinking of getting back into the sport again...would be interested to come down on wed to check things out.

btw, how does these grading things work? u have to be in the comp for that yeah? I am over comps...just wanna have a bit of fun if thats ok...

Adam

13. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Hi Adam

Honestly we're not that interesting, just your average every day run of the mill extraterrestrial masquerading as humans to study and maybe some bottom probbing :)

Don't know who told you about Wednesday night .. its suppose to be a secret club ... Foxy badminton club does not exist ;)

Grading system is simple, you are a D grader till you win a D tournament (MUST HAVE A TROPHY AS PROOF OF VICTORY) .. then you become a C grader till you win a C tournament ... so on so forth :)
    I myself am a C grader :D

NOTE: Different states have a different level for each grading, usually states with more Open Grader will force players down, hence making their lower grades stronger. At the moment i think Victoria's C grade is about South Australia's and NSW B or above .. dont know and dont care about the other states .. all you non-Victorian hillbillyferals can go and procreate with your cousin or other relatives for all i care :p

P.S. .. send my regards to Eve :)

#573 vienb, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  14. Chicken_Little

LOL, right, so... how do i find out the time and place of this ....secret club! haha

now i understand about the grading. erm, now I am kinda interested to see how far i can go.

but back to the main point...WHEN CAN I PLAY????:D

15. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Sorry Adam the information you requested is classified, all i am autherise to say is that if you show up at 7:30pm there might be someone there to help answer your question ;)

16. Chicken_Little

HAHA i was just thinking to myself..i swear i saw a post about it...and i found it...lol see u there...haha actually i finish work at 7 in the ct..might not get there till about 8 something..better not lock the doors on me...

17. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    there's always Google

18. Chicken_Little

yeah i did when i saw the post the first time..

then i was blind and couldn't see that post was just above LOL

19. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I thought professional trophy hunters like yourself are always D grade unless they don't let you enter D grade, then you enter as C grade, and so forth.

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    I gave up trying to get into D grade. As it is, it takes more effort to get into C grade then winning it :)