Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Just let them be, skchen. the most important thing is that LCW won and we happy;)

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yes, this photo is indeed priceless!:)

its from thestar..credits to their indian photographer.

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation, LCW for the first back to back SS titles,...hmmm, i wonder if LD done that before...??? pls share some infos...

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it's due to my bad fortune i have not taken any marketing schooling before.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    k.o. 2007

ya, ld won k.o. in 2007 but lost in 2008 to lhi and a world news on his clash with lm!:(:(

6. yling

yling Regular Member

oh.. couldnt find the clip on youtube....
    how i wish i could watch it!

7. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    i wonder what Wong M C answers back then ?? :)

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    wmc

that i also would like to hear!:D:D

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u short changed LCW. What kind of lcw fan are u?:p
    lcw won back to back to back SS titles; the 09 SSMasterFinal, 10 KO and 10 MO. Even other greats like LD, TH, PG, ZJH, etc haven't won back to back majors before.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Well..on the other greats..^^

..it all depends:
    - How one defines a "major" tourney? Is a SS considered a "major" tourney in the same level as AE, WC and OG?
    - Are Korea Open SS and M'sia Open SS considered "major" tourneys just simply they're Super Series level?
    - LD did win 2 back to back "major" tourneys in 2007: China Open SS and World Championships. And if one considers the SS as a "major" tourney, then your hero won the Korea Open SS and AE SS, earlier that yr.:cool:
    - And if one considers the Asian Games as a "major" tourney, then Taufik won the back to back MS title.;)
    - No clue on ZJH as i wasn't around baddy that time and internet tech was only limited to military use.:p

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i was sure mr. chris will fix up the statistics later on so i kept it loose;) The point is still that even if LD, TH, PG, ZJH or others didn't win any majors back to back, they are no less forgotten than lcw.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Those others..^^

..already won the real "majors" (AE, WC & OG), imo. That's what sets them apart from DLCW.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LCW play in the era of TH and LD. One won the OG in 2004 and the other in 2008. Until and unless he wins the OG in 2012 (which I think it's difficult, due to his age), he will not be mentioned in the same breath with TH & LD. As for the AE and WC, I think he may still have some hope.

#2613 nokh88, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^All DLCW has to do is..^^

..win either or both AE and WC and he'll be mentioned in the same breath as those players (Gade only won the AE). Simple & he still has time; but can he do it?:confused:

#2614 ctjcad, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chong Wei wants to inspire the youngsters before he quits national team

Wednesday January 27, 2010By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian sports icon Lee Chong Wei will quit the national badminton team after the 2012 London Olympics.

And with just a few good years ahead of him, Chong Wei is determined to maintain his good run in international tournaments to inspire young players to follow in his footsteps.
    The world No. 1, who won opening two rounds of this season’s Super Series, the Korean and Malaysia Open tournaments, made a grand appearance yesterday at a leading hotel here to make it a memorable day for about 50 children, who won the Maxis Communications Bhd’s online contest on why they were Chong Wei’s greatest fans.
    He attended the function with coach Misbun Sidek and both also presented badminton racquets to the winners.
    Winning partnership: Maxis Chief Marketing Officer Matthew Willsher (centre) with Misbun Sidek and Lee Chong Wei at the signing ceremony Wednesday.
    Prior to the event, Maxis showed their appreciation for both their ambassadors by extending their one-year sponsorship for another year.
    “I am so happy to be the icon to inspire many youngsters here,” said Chong Wei.
    “If I can succeed as a badminton player, they can too.”
    “It is rewarding to be a sportsmen. I hope to encourage many youngsters to take up sports.
    “But nothing comes easy. Success comes with a lot of work, discipline and sacrifices. But they are all worthwhile.”
    The 28-year-old Chong Wei’s concern to discover and fan the fire among new talent is understandable.
    There is now a big gap in standard between Chong Wei and the back-up and Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) players.
    That puts a big burden on his shoulders as he is depended on heavily to win honours for the country in international tournaments all the time.
    He’s my No.1: Lee Chong Wei (centre) posing with the contest winners at a function in Kuala Lumpur Wednesday.
    Chong Wei said that he would do his part to lift the standard of the national back-up shuttlers.
    Among the back-up shuttlers are Chan Kwong Beng, Tan Chun Seang, Chong Wei Feng, Liew Daren and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif.
    “I have been playing all my life and I am thinking of retirement after the London Olympics,” he said.
    “I have sacrificed a lot but I do not to plan to leave the team in the lurch. I will encourage the back-up shuttlers,” he said.
    “At the same time, it is not right to put too much undue pressure on them. I know that they are trying their best.
    “I will advise and try to inspire them in the best way I know.
    “Sometimes, I hang out with them. I hope that they will also be able to learn from me during training. They have to be committed.
    “There is talent in Kwong Beng and Chun Seang. I hope that they know this and work hard towards building a good future in badminton.”
    On his last few years as a national player, Chong Wei is determined to nail the title that has eluded him.
    “The next three years are important ones in my career. I want to help Malaysia win titles that they have not won before and stay focused in training,” said Chong Wei, who is gearing up to win a first All-England title.
    “After that, I will probably look into new ventures, like what independent player Taufik Hidayat (from Indonesia) has done.”
    Taufik is still playing on the international stage but at the same time he has started his own clothing line, the Taufik Hidayat Line. The former world and Olympic champion has also begun work to build a training centre for youngsters in Jakarta.

16. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    thanks for sharing that, sibugichai!

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Oh, now only i noticed,....U actually well aware all this.....:D:D:D good for u.....!

But what i meant by back to back here was....2 consecutive SS titles beween 2 weeks..........:D LOL

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXxw3GdisaY

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    anyone has any idea how much the contract worth?

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Definately one I phone included.