BG66UM, can't go 30lbs above?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by AzrinRain, Jan 5, 2012.

1. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

It is pointless to string BG66UM at high tension. 1st it wont last. 2nd when it loses tension, it becomes an ultimate dead fish. The pros wont know that as they string new for every match. So if i were to rate it without due consideration of it's durability and retention, it certainly at the pinnacle.

2. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

What would your string recommendation be for someone like me, who plays 30lbs and likes to maintain the characteristics of BG66UM?

3. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

I second that. Need to know this too, altho I play lower at 28-ish Ultimax. And I couldnt play with BG80, even at 24-26lbs, if let say BG80 is one of the alternative.

4. bigfishoz

bigfishoz Regular Member

Manager
    hmm... I cannot said it is 100% ... but there is a good reason to bring it back to the stringer to verify. Some string do cut the gromet and cause breakage in the surface during stringing. Check with the stringer will be a good start. As a stringer myself I normally check any surface damage prior to return the racket to the owner, and if I spoted anything like that I will first notify the owner and discuss the best option

5. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

I personally play ard 28LB say for BG80, NBG98, VS850, BG85 and other similar strings. But i find at 26LB, BG66UM plays as well as the above at 28LB and more forgiving due to a little more bounciness. So it depends on the reasons why you like BG80 at 30LB.

I feel that a <=28LB BG66UM will have the same properties as a 30LB BG80. But if you like the hardness of BG80 at 30LB, then BG66UM will probably be hard to satisfy u. So different strings work differently. And racket stiffness is a factor too. So you have to try it out yourself.